Author Topic: Caffeine/Energy drinks  (Read 575 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Caffeine/Energy drinks
« on: July 06, 2010, 01:08:53 PM »
Didn't want to start this in the Cuz thread.

Yeah Coffee and No Doz et al have been around and abused for years, being a shift worker I have tried various methods over the years. These days it is the 1 can of Coke Zero on the nightshift for me.
And looking back over the years was the way I should have allways done it, kinda like this uppers for the game then downers so you can get down, just turns into a nasty spiral and there is no way you can say it is any good for the body.
You know what really gets me tho these days is these energy drinks and the new super size cans.
Seriously my mates son and his friend or friends 20 year olds come to the footy with us, on the train at 11:00 AM and they have these monster cans of energy drink before the day has even started. Yeah they're young and probs been up most of the night, same age I could make it on 3 hours sleep. I don't get this trend and it aint a good one. If you know anything about these drinks they are seriously bad in more ways than one.
And sleeping pills for later that is just crazy poo man. Eventually youll get tired enough and sleep even if it does take a week, like anything you can adapt and get though it, but these up/down methods are a scary trap man.
It's amazing they don't have a pill to stop you taking pills these days.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 03:05:51 PM by CUB »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Caffeine/Energy drinks
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 12:27:37 AM »
Long distance truck drivers taking speed to drive long hours non-stop is scarey.

Some kids use legal uppers for cramming for exams and to stay up all night. I knew of one poor kid about 10 years ago who got the dosage wrong and although the pill got him all through the night to study he crashed at the desk halfway through an exam  :wallywink. Not good!

Footballers take the pills so they avoid running around with all this liquid inside from coffee and energy drinks.

As for the best caffeine hit I know at Brunetti's, which is a Italian cafe/patisserie in Carlton, you can buy this Italian chocolate drink which is basically a coffee cup full of straight thick liquid chocolate. That sure keeps you awake for hours  :P.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

Re: Caffeine/Energy drinks
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 02:19:18 PM »
Nathan Brown