Author Topic: WARSC - AGM  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
WARSC - AGM
« on: September 11, 2010, 09:31:34 AM »
A mate of mine who has been a key figure in the WA Supporters Group over the years posted this on tiger-talk recently and I thought it might be of some interest:

We had the WARSC AGM last weekend and Dale Weightman was in attendance. Speaking to him afterwards:

* he said that this is one of the first times he feels we really do have a 5 year plan and not some spin like the previous few coaches.( I will omit the swearing here about some of our past picks) Hardwick has got some great assistants who are all driven and believe in sticking to a plan
* Hardwick is one of the most intelligent and astute people he has met and he more than Clarkson was responsible for Hawthorn's premiership and Hawthorn has gone backwards with Hardwick and Viney not there. He said that the Dockers would win easily that day as Freo are better coached tactics wise and he was proven right. I always believed that the Hawks stole that GF and my brother who is a mad Hawk detests Clarkson as he cant seem to bring a lot of the young kids on. So we may have ourselves a 10 year coach.
* Benny Gale is also a huge strength for us and he will go down as one of the best CEO's to rival Geelong's Brian Cook
* Cuz has taken to Richmond and he now considers himself more Richmond than FWCE. One of the major reasons he has taken to us is the fans who have accepted him baggage and all without too harsh a judgement. The fans also dont keep asking him about all his past bad stuff but are upfront and talk about the future. Obviously he didn't run into DC.
* The coaching group believe that Griffiths will be the next superstar as he has pace, can kick, has a footy brain rather than an athlete and loves a specky. Also loves to learn about the game and listens to his mentors
* Webberly, Hicks and Gourdis are the others that he believes will be better than average players due to their footy smarts and willingness to learn and all have a huge work ethic
* I asked him whether Martin was a comparison to Anthony Banik and may be in danger of not getting any better and he dismissed this quickly. He states that other than body sizes and impact in the first year they are poles apart in that Martin is a learner, has more natural skills and has an appetite for the rough tough stuff. If he finds a fault with his game, Martin will go out on extra training sessions to work on this 'weakness'. He is also a very level headed young man and has a tough old man that will always keep him in his place
* He also believes that Martin Cotchin and Deledio will be players who will feature prominently in brownlow and all Australian over the next 10 years.
* Feels that Tambo is at his own cross roads and it is now all up to him if he wants to make an AFL player or not. The club cant really do much more for him and he hopes he sorts it out as he can add a lot of value to the club
* He also said that most players want Nahas moved on to another club as he is one of the biggest de-motivators the club has. No matter how well we play, the team is always deflated once they get to the showers as Nahas puts every single one of them to shame and they are sick of a small man with so much endowment. Apparently John Holmes is a dwarf compared to Nahas. Bastard!!!

Also last weekend, I went to a footy show and Darren Gaspar was there. I only had a very quick chat to him but he absolutely paid out on Terry Wa$$ace. He said that TW was only interested in one thing and that was his own personal ego. Half the players had no idea after 5 years what his game plan was and his reason to coming to Richmond more than the money was the media attention and exposure he would get from a club like the tigers as opposed to the Bulldogs. TW rarely listened to what the players were trying to tell him and most of the players had a relationship with David King. TW could come up with a tactic for a game or two but once that was worked out, it would take him ages to come up with plan B and you could forget a plan c or d. He also confirmed that the players wanted Cousins and TW was against the idea as King has said in the press recently

And then:

Another thing I forgot to mention in my email was Flea told us that we are probably the most advanced club in preparation for Free Agency which is going to be a bigger impact than what a lot of people think. For the past 4 or 5 months, we have employed someone full time whose job it is to know of preferences feelings interests of all those at our club that will be elligible but also for players at other clubs. This person's main mission is to look out for any players that may be interested in a move and we have very complete dossiers on these players. This will be a benefit not just for Free Agency but also when GWS come in and future drafts. These investigations also look at VFL players in their early 20's that could make immediate impacts. Club believes that future drafts will be one or two prized youngsters along with one or two recruits from other clubs that may be list fillers but still play a valuable role and then one or two smokies such as your Barlows, JPods etc. It is this type of preparation that gives Flea the belief rather than hope that we are going places. I do recall after about round 7 or 8 talking to Flea and he said that we would have a really good season after the break and we all be a little surprised when we dont finish last. At the time, I thought he had been mixing with Cuz too much but proves he was right

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/tiger-talk/message/93856

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: WARSC - AGM
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 10:01:05 AM »
Cheers for that insight smokey .
Hardwick is one of the most intelligent and astute people he has met and he more than Clarkson was responsible for Hawthorn's premiership and Hawthorn has gone backwards with Hardwick and Viney not there

This i find interesting. There are some people around who should sit back and observe Hardwick rather than second guess him all the time thinking they know better, when in fact they don't really understand what Hardwick is doing.

He also said that most players want Nahas moved on to another club as he is one of the biggest de-motivators the club has.
Just waiting for someone, somewhere, to use this out of context in their arguments agains Nahas  :whistle
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 11:40:05 AM »

He also said that most players want Nahas moved on to another club as he is one of the biggest de-motivators the club has.
Just waiting for someone, somewhere, to use this out of context in their arguments agains Nahas  :whistle

I dont no how people could take this out of context... players dont want him around becuase he gives alot of crap to the others ... reasonable reason to let some one go

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 11:54:53 AM »

I dont no how people could take this out of context... players dont want him around becuase he gives alot of crap to the others ... reasonable reason to let some one go
Your literacy skills are very poor
Try reading it again and then do it again and see if you can spot where you've gone wrong

Ramps

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 12:05:43 PM »
yeh yuor litery scils ar shoken, u shuold lern how tou read and right!

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 01:16:54 PM »
 :lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 01:19:16 PM »
:lol

Yep, found it funny too Al, but thought it might have taken a bit longer than it did!  :lol

Ramps

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 01:28:46 PM »
 ;D

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 01:49:48 PM »
cheers, great read, not the first time Ive heard hawks suggest DH underpinned their tilt at the flag
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 04:07:36 PM »
last time i checked this was a fourm not an lets just rip on people website.

you keyboard warriors should get a life instead of baging on peoples literacy skills u wankers   :clapping

Think before you guys type because NONE of you answered my question or cant you guys not do that?

How could they take that out of Context?

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 04:17:05 PM »
 :lol You did!
Relax, untie that knot in your knickers and read the whole paragraph carefully,
He also said that most players want Nahas moved on to another club as he is one of the biggest de-motivators the club has. No matter how well we play, the team is always deflated once they get to the showers as Nahas puts every single one of them to shame and they are sick of a small man with so much endowment. Apparently John Holmes is a dwarf compared to Nahas. Bastard!!!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 04:35:51 PM »

you keyboard warriors should get a life instead of baging on peoples literacy skills u wankers   :clapping

Think before you guys type because NONE of you answered my question or cant you guys not do that?

There would be no question to answer if you paid more attention in school

tony_montana

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »

you keyboard warriors should get a life instead of baging on peoples literacy skills u wankers   :clapping

read the whole original post again, failing that read the paragraph al was kind enough to quote above for your benefit you peanut  :lol

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 05:50:05 PM »

Just waiting for someone, somewhere, to use this out of context in their arguments agains Nahas  :whistle

I take it that Nahas has a VERY big penis :gobdrop
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 02:58:38 PM »
Great read, thanks Smokey. As for Cock-robin Ba-nahas, no wonder he walks with a massive gait!!!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”