Author Topic: Dusty v Conca  (Read 774 times)

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
Dusty v Conca
« on: November 28, 2010, 10:00:45 PM »
Do you guys think conca will have as big as an impact as dustin did first game ? from watching the high ligt video i belive he can :thumbsup

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Dusty v Conca
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 10:14:08 PM »
I know its just a simple question and for discussion but it annoys me when people try and compare, set standards and have expectations of young players.

In no way will Reece have the same impact Dusty had. He may have a few 20 possession games and do some flashy things but lets just look forward to a good pre-season and him getting his hands on the football instead of thinking whether he'll be better than Dustin or not.
Go Tigers!

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »
I know its just a simple question and for discussion but it annoys me when people try and compare, set standards and have expectations of young players.

In no way will Reece have the same impact Dusty had. He may have a few 20 possession games and do some flashy things but lets just look forward to a good pre-season and him getting his hands on the football instead of thinking whether he'll be better than Dustin or not.
Nothing wrong with some healthy competition ... reason i did this was cause i was bored of all the financial topics ect ect.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 11:25:09 PM »
got a man crush on Dusty TTID?? you sure like talking about him.

i think pope summed it up best, Conca will be a player but he will take some time. Its rare that you get a ready made player in the mold of Dusty...

TTDI, do you not get more excited about the whole package? im far more excited about cotch been released with the inclusion of grigg & foley back in the side. Seeing how Morton goes about developing himself into a real valuable midfield contributor.

Its going to be exciting with what we already have in the side, lets not worry too much about what the new kids get up too.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 11:49:38 PM »
got a man crush on Dusty TTID?? you sure like talking about him.

i think pope summed it up best, Conca will be a player but he will take some time. Its rare that you get a ready made player in the mold of Dusty...

TTDI, do you not get more excited about the whole package? im far more excited about cotch been released with the inclusion of grigg & foley back in the side. Seeing how Morton goes about developing himself into a real valuable midfield contributor.

Its going to be exciting with what we already have in the side, lets not worry too much about what the new kids get up too.

Haha it would seem like it wouldn't it!! but yes i am excited to see our all our midds play don't forget Houli aswell i really think conca is the cherry on top for our midfield.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 12:35:07 PM »
If Conca is still recovering from his ankle injury, he will have a limited pre-season and might not get a game till round 6 or 7. The Tigers won't rush the kid.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 02:06:17 PM »
As wayne said Conca is coming back from injury. Reece is also not built like a brickhouse as Dusty is so I'm not expecting Conca to have much of an impact next year. He'll probably play mainly on a HFF or HBF for a year or two until he builds up him strength and size to move into the midfield full-time.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd