Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 752571 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5895 on: April 07, 2023, 02:06:40 PM »
I didn't read it
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5896 on: April 07, 2023, 03:28:15 PM »
Former Tasmanian premier's frank advice to Liberal Party on Voice opposition.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-07/peter-gutwein-frank-advice-to-liberal-party-on-voice-opposition-/102196090

More rejection of Dutton from Tassie Libs. During covid, Gutwein always came across as a decent sensible bloke when he was premier, and he retained government as a result unlike the mainland LNP.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5897 on: April 07, 2023, 11:12:10 PM »

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5899 on: April 11, 2023, 02:59:38 PM »
https://www.aap.com.au/news/senior-liberal-quits-front-bench-over-voice-stance/

Another one quits on Dinosaur Dutton :lol.

Looks like another test for Mr Potato Head is coming up.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/speculation-grows-over-morrison-future-in-cook-as-liberal-senate-battles-loom-20230330-p5cwt6.html
Even with the mess they are in, it would be a major shock if they were to lose Cook. It's not like Aston or your typical suburbia. The Shire is a place unto itself.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5900 on: April 11, 2023, 03:45:32 PM »
What is becoming apparent to me is the intolerance for someone who doesn't agree with the voice, if you don't agree with it you are either labelled a racist or out of touch.

It is like the Australian public are being shamed into a yes vote.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5901 on: April 11, 2023, 05:07:16 PM »
What is becoming apparent to me is the intolerance for someone who doesn't agree with the voice, if you don't agree with it you are either labelled a racist or out of touch.

It is like the Australian public are being shamed into a yes vote.

What I don't like is the lies/untruths coming out of Dutton's mouth.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5902 on: April 14, 2023, 10:00:47 AM »

Dutton's dog act.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/apr/13/report-it-to-police-aboriginal-territorians-react-angrily-to-peter-duttons-claims-of-alice-springs-violence

‘Dog act’: NT police minister reacts angrily to Peter Dutton’s claims of Alice Springs child sexual abuse.

Traditional owners call opposition leader’s claims ‘insulting’ and Labor demands he stop using the town as ‘a political football’

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5903 on: April 14, 2023, 12:19:32 PM »
Truth hurts I suppose.

Yay for inbred pedos
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #5904 on: April 14, 2023, 12:43:33 PM »
"Leftwit OER poster not being a pedo apologist scumbag because their dumbarse ideology is more important than anything" challenge: Impossible :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #5905 on: April 14, 2023, 12:57:40 PM »
"Leftwit OER poster not being a pedo apologist scumbag because their dumbarse ideology is more important than anything" challenge: Impossible :shh

Welcome back mate

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5906 on: April 14, 2023, 01:33:15 PM »

The return... :shh :shh

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5907 on: April 14, 2023, 03:45:51 PM »

Another dodgy Liberal.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/stuart-robert-linked-contracts-need-closer-scrutiny-as-department-links-revealed-inquiry-20230414-p5d0f5.html

A series of multi-million dollar contracts linked to a friend of former Morrison government minister Stuart Robert will come under fresh scrutiny as new revelations emerge about a senior public servant allegedly involved in some of the contracts.

The contracts in question were signed with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) and Services Australia and were linked to a consulting company, Synergy 360, part-owned by two friends of Robert, who was then in charge of the portfolio.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5908 on: April 15, 2023, 12:46:04 PM »

:bow

One of the few posters who have a clue especially on this topic.

Welcome back
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5909 on: April 15, 2023, 03:24:14 PM »

Oh dear.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/victorian-liberal-party-faces-electoral-wipeout-new-analysis-warns/news-story/65254b50e3969e13905e06a16b7aeab4

The Victorian Liberal Party faces the prospect of electoral wipe-out, a new analysis of its state election loss has warned.

The analysis, by polling firm Redbridge, shows that while the party is losing ground in its traditional heartland it is also failing to attract voters that are leaving Labor.

It comes as the latest Newspoll showed the nation’s mortgage-belt ­heartland had shifted its political allegiances to the ALP.

The Redbridge analysis found that 900,000 of the 1.2 million primary votes the Coalition picked up at November’s state election were made up of voters who were over 55 years old, non diverse, and less educated.