Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2011  (Read 87807 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Non-Richmond games 2011
« Reply #705 on: September 23, 2011, 11:07:43 PM »
Ottens and West could have a field day if Jolly doesn't come up. Well we hope they do. Geelong has to get through tomorrow first.

I guess one positive about the Hawks losing tonight is they can't past up on the premiership ladder and their top up older players will be a year older next year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #706 on: September 24, 2011, 12:01:17 AM »
Ottens and West could have a field day if Jolly doesn't come up. Well we hope they do. Geelong has to get through tomorrow first.

I guess one positive about the Hawks losing tonight is they can't past up on the premiership ladder and their top up older players will be a year older next year.

According to Channel 7

Jolly adductor serous doubt won't play Wood to come in
Reid adductor, Pies to roll the dice
Maxwell cracked rib, Pies will roll the dice
Johnson bleeding in the calf, Pies will roll the dice
Didak no form but we knew that.

Reminds me so much of Essendon limping over the line against Hawthorn in the 2001 Prelim thanks to some luck and the umpires only to get to the Grand Final with injury clouds over Mercuri Hird Long and a few others and get rolled by Brisbane and a 27 degree day suiting the Lions who overran the in the second half.

Barring injuries to the Cats tomorrow and provided they win with no reports to the MRP of course Geelong IMHO should be clear favourites for the flag next week.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #707 on: September 24, 2011, 03:54:31 AM »

According to Channel 7

Jolly adductor serous doubt won't play Wood to come in
Reid adductor, Pies to roll the dice
Maxwell cracked rib, Pies will roll the dice
Johnson bleeding in the calf, Pies will roll the dice
Didak no form but we knew that.

Reminds me so much of Essendon limping over the line against Hawthorn in the 2001 Prelim thanks to some luck and the umpires only to get to the Grand Final with injury clouds over Mercuri Hird Long and a few others and get rolled by Brisbane and a 27 degree day suiting the Lions who overran the in the second half.

Barring injuries to the Cats tomorrow and provided they win with no reports to the MRP of course Geelong IMHO should be clear favourites for the flag next week.
Let's hope so Tucky  :pray
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Him

« Reply #708 on: September 24, 2011, 06:04:05 AM »

I want the Pies to win the flag.

Believe me it would me worthwhile.

This would be a club that sacks the coach who has won them the last two priemerships.

Buckley will change the game plan, the salary cap will bite and some of their top players will follow Malthouse to wherever he ends up.

The club will self-destruct and Eddie's head will explode.

It will be a thing of beauty to behold.

:thumbsup

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #709 on: September 24, 2011, 08:53:19 AM »
Agree about the Hodge non free

But the same can be said about the Burgoyne "throw" on the centre wing, shoul dhave been a Pies free,

Although people are whacking Bateman, I thought Cyril made the mistake of not giving off just before being tackled by Thomas, someone should of told him he was hot....

Have to say one of the things that stood out last night was that some the Pies "big guns" went missing when the pressure was really on and some of the lesser ones were cluleless. Hello Harry O and Thomas  ;D

Wellingham's effort (read non effort) to spoil Hodge in the final qtr was laughable, he jumped because he had to but had his eyes closed, head tucked looking like he was sacared he was going to cop a hit... looked shocking

Credit to the Pies though, gee they have some outstanding leaders. Luke Ball is a fantastic leader and Dawed is a leader in waiting IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #710 on: September 24, 2011, 08:57:55 AM »
AS much as I hate giving credit to those black and white scum, but gee didn't cloke stand up and take some strong marks when they needed someone to ?

I feel dirty now, I'm going for a wash
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #711 on: September 24, 2011, 09:06:34 AM »
Agree about the Hodge non free

But the same can be said about the Burgoyne "throw" on the centre wing, shoul dhave been a Pies free,

Although people are whacking Bateman, I thought Cyril made the mistake of not giving off just before being tackled by Thomas, someone should of told him he was hot....

Have to say one of the things that stood out last night was that some the Pies "big guns" went missing when the pressure was really on and some of the lesser ones were cluleless. Hello Harry O and Thomas  ;D

Wellingham's effort (read non effort) to spoil Hodge in the final qtr was laughable, he jumped because he had to but had his eyes closed, head tucked looking like he was sacared he was going to cop a hit... looked shocking

Credit to the Pies though, gee they have some outstanding leaders. Luke Ball is a fantastic leader and Dawed is a leader in waiting IMHO

To be fair to Cyril he might not of had anything up field to kick to.

Harry O will be under alot of pressure if they face either one of Cats or Eagles with there small forwards. Plus it will only mount if Maxwell is under down due to injury cloud.

Wellingham and Daisy two players you could of thought wasn't out there playing. Mick would have to be hoping these players don't go missing two games in a row.

Abit harsh on Dawes having to get a big pay cut when his one of there most consistent and main structure player.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #712 on: September 24, 2011, 09:11:32 AM »

Perhaps but a quick give, put the burners on and Cyril gets it back and they are away with Buddy one out

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #713 on: September 24, 2011, 09:18:55 AM »

Perhaps but a quick give, put the burners on and Cyril gets it back and they are away with Buddy one out

True but at the end of the night they would of won by 2 or 3 goals if they kicked abit better infront of goals in the first 3 quarters.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #714 on: September 24, 2011, 09:19:54 AM »
Yeah could snag a set shot to save themselves  ;D

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #715 on: September 24, 2011, 09:33:07 AM »
Just seen the highlights and it's something I noticed last night as well. Buddy kept wrestling with Taz then would turn and just hope the ball lands behind them so he could run onto it. He should of went for the mark a few more times.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #716 on: September 24, 2011, 09:54:20 AM »
I thought it was a quality match, Clarkson for me is clearly an A grade coach. Hawthorn had no right to get that close. Clarkson has come through as a coach no doubt about it. The other thing we should all note is the type of player, bigger type players are always there when the action is on. We need big bodied players. The skinny flankers regime wont ever win a flag for anyone.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #717 on: September 24, 2011, 11:09:35 AM »
The other thing we should all note is the type of player, bigger type players are always there when the action is on. We need big bodied players. The skinny flankers regime wont ever win a flag for anyone.

Apart from the glaring obvious (Big Back like Gibson and a Ruck like Baily) I don't think our list is that dis similar to Hawthorns we have allot of player with he same body shape playing in the same positions the only difference is we are across the board about 3 years younger than the Hawthorn side. After watching last night game I think we can take allot of heart out of where our side could be with a little more maturity and experience under our belts.

You say skinny flankers wont win you a flag yet Hawthorn specifically recruited 2 mature age players last season to play that roll in Smith and Puopolo. Both have made in impact to the side this season, you add Bateman to that list and it sort of blows that theory out of the water ;D ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #718 on: September 24, 2011, 02:36:00 PM »
Collingwood have lost an assistant in Neeld, Buckley's right hand man was said to have been Sanderson and he's gone also. Watters is being sought after also.
I think it would be funnier watching them lose next week and then watching Bucks bristling and stoic looking in every photo for the media fail abysmally .
For the record the Cats by plenty today and plenty next week.
Not even half way through the quarter Cats up 20-1.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #719 on: September 24, 2011, 02:47:20 PM »
Collingwood have lost an assistant in Neeld, Buckley's right hand man was said to have been Sanderson and he's gone also. Watters is being sought after also.
I think it would be funnier watching them lose next week and then watching Bucks bristling and stoic looking in every photo for the media fail abysmally .
For the record the Cats by plenty today and plenty next week.
Not even half way through the quarter Cats up 20-1.

Agree 100%  :cheers