Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2011  (Read 97702 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Non-Richmond games 2011
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2011, 10:33:18 PM »
North's aiming for ninth again  :lol.

LeCras is a massive loss for the Eagles if he has torn an abductor muscle of the bone  :-X. It would mean he's gone for the year.

Gaff looked good in his 14 possies and 3 Inside 50s on debut. Too bad he isn't a Tiger if we had only smarty managed our wins/losses in 2009-10  :whistle
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2011, 11:37:39 PM »
I read west coast was reduced to 20 men due to injury's through the game and still won.

During the week Chris Scott claimed that he wanted no one to feel sorry for his side b/c they have a good list and facilities that are now up to scratch.

Trust me Chris no one really does people are merely polite no one wants to look you in the eye.

Looks like there might be a week of campaigning this week.

"Yeah we are real disappointed with the result", lets wheel out this old chestnut in "sh1tboner spirit" to get the place up and about again and if we win we will be right back where we started from.

Could not happen to a better side and the fact the Eagles won with 20 men with their major goalkicker injured makes it even better.  :lol :rollin :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2011, 11:51:28 PM »
Just saw the schedule for next week.

North Melbourne vs Collingwood. :lol :rollin :lol

not enough shinboner spirit to save them. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2011, 11:55:29 PM »
I read west coast was reduced to 20 men due to injury's through the game and still won.

During the week Chris Scott claimed that he wanted no one to feel sorry for his side b/c they have a good list and facilities that are now up to scratch.

Trust me Chris no one really does people are merely polite no one wants to look you in the eye.

"Yeah we are real disappointed with the result", lets wheel out this old chestnut in "pooboner spirit" to get the place up and about again and if we win we will be right back where we started from.

Could not happen to a better side and the fact the Eagles won with 20 men with their major goalkicker injured makes it even better.  :lol :rollin :lol

dont you mean brad scott?
chris coaches geelong

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2011, 12:00:19 AM »
Just saw the schedule for next week.

North Melbourne vs Collingwood. :lol :rollin :lol

not enough shinboner spirit to save them. :lol :rollin :lol
Yes whatever happened to that shinboner spirit  :lol

North could still be winless by the time we play them in round 5. They've got the bye after the Pies and then Freo away in Perth.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2011, 01:40:29 AM »
Must win game for us. MUST WIN.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2011, 02:21:16 AM »
If we have a good showing against some of the top sides we are coming up against over the next few rounds no reason why we can't be going in against the roo's with confidence and hunger to get a win on the board if we haven't had one by that stage.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2011, 10:16:08 AM »
I'm not disputing he isnt a smart bloke. Lets be honest i could deliver better special comments than King.

What i am saying is IMO he was a poor coach. They won games playing offensive but then he refused to flick the switch to a defensive mode.

That for me is poor coaching. The Bombers have never had a poor list they just needed someone to coach them.

Knights's little helpers. Camporeale, Hickmont, Prescott

Wallet's little helpers King, Royal, Monkhurst

Hirds. Bomber, Wellman, Goodwin.

Enough said

The way i heard it was knights' long term plan was offence first, then defense later. To be honest i too find this bewildering, but the board that approved this must take equal responsibility if not not more for this decision. For all we know knights went down this path to satisfy the board in the first place?

For the first few years knights delivered on the offensive side on his game plan. They played open attacking football and were one of the few sides that could constantly crack st kildas stiffling defensive zones.

Hird and co. take over a side that only has to have the defensive side installed and they are away and running, restricted only by the quality of their cattle.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2011, 10:27:15 AM »

LeCras is a massive loss for the Eagles if he has torn an abductor muscle of the bone  :-X. It would mean he's gone for the year.

Gaff looked good in his 14 possies and 3 Inside 50s on debut. Too bad he isn't a Tiger if we had only smarty managed our wins/losses in 2009-10  :whistle

yeah once again a stupid decision by the club

Looking at Darling i wish we used that Tambling pick in this trade. The guy looks like a machine.

Can someone explain to me how a bloke like Darling in 1 year looks bigger than most of the players on our list.

Its quite comical really most players who have been in the game a few years look tougher and stronger than our players

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2011, 07:21:15 PM »

"Yeah we are real disappointed with the result", lets wheel out this old chestnut in "pooboner spirit" to get the place up and about again and if we win we will be right back where we started from.

dont you mean brad scott?
chris coaches geelong

Yep they both look so alike. ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2011, 09:08:15 PM »

yeah once again a stupid decision by the club

Looking at Darling i wish we used that Tambling pick in this trade. The guy looks like a machine.

Can someone explain to me how a bloke like Darling in 1 year looks bigger than most of the players on our list.

Its quite comical really most players who have been in the game a few years look tougher and stronger than our players

Darling went at 26 with West Coast's end of first round priority pick so he was never within our reach even if we had our used our compensation pick from the Tambling trade. The ones we were hoping would fall further was midfielder Ben Jacobs (pick 16 to Port) and ruckman Scott Lycett (pick 29 to Port) but both were gone by our second rounder so we went with our other preference which was Jake Batchelor.

Darling's footy ability and athleticism was never in question before the draft but there were two queries on Darling which is why he dropped so far (he started the year as a top 5-10 pick). As with Buddy there was some doubt over his off-field behaviour and commitment to footy and some recruiters saw him as that in-betweener height at 190cm. If Darling proves the doubters wrong on both those fronts then the Eagles have scored a bargain.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2011, 09:13:22 PM »
I'm not disputing he isnt a smart bloke. Lets be honest i could deliver better special comments than King.

What i am saying is IMO he was a poor coach. They won games playing offensive but then he refused to flick the switch to a defensive mode.

That for me is poor coaching. The Bombers have never had a poor list they just needed someone to coach them.

Knights's little helpers. Camporeale, Hickmont, Prescott

Wallet's little helpers King, Royal, Monkhurst

Hirds. Bomber, Wellman, Goodwin.

Enough said

The way i heard it was knights' long term plan was offence first, then defense later. To be honest i too find this bewildering, but the board that approved this must take equal responsibility if not not more for this decision. For all we know knights went down this path to satisfy the board in the first place?

For the first few years knights delivered on the offensive side on his game plan. They played open attacking football and were one of the few sides that could constantly crack st kildas stiffling defensive zones.

Hird and co. take over a side that only has to have the defensive side installed and they are away and running, restricted only by the quality of their cattle.
Knights promised the Essendon Board finals quickly as he said the list wasn't that bad whereas Hardwick wanted to strip it back so Knighter got the nod. By what Knighter said the other day he had full support in his first two and half years but as soon as Hird and Thompson were available he was a goner. The all out offence but no defence gameplan was never going to work anyway. That's why opposition sides including us were kicking huge bags of goals in a row against Essendon under Knighter.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2011, 02:41:29 PM »
Kangaroo's are giving collingwood to much room. Things could get ugly on the score board.
35 - 10. 1 minute to go in the 1st qtr.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2011, 05:14:08 PM »
Collingwood had a field day on kangaroo's big day.
7.14 56 to 21.17 143

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2011, 06:29:25 PM »
If gold coast are competitive tonight and draw a decent crowd, I can only expect the pressure on north to build further.

They should finish bottom by the end of the round, with a percentage of 61%.

The move that could have been...