Author Topic: Jackson cops one week from MRP [updated]  (Read 12489 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Jackson cops one week from MRP [updated]
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2011, 06:56:29 PM »
Maybe they are balancing out the over reaction on the Rance suspension

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2011, 06:58:02 PM »
Take the 1 week and run

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2011, 07:19:37 PM »
They did crucify us. If theyd given him 4 weeks like they should have we wouldnt have had to see him turning over the footy over the next month  ;D

:thatsgold :thatsgold

:eyebrow :eyebrow

Vintage Flagman right there  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2011, 08:03:40 PM »
Excellent result.  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2011, 08:16:59 PM »
They did crucify us. If theyd given him 4 weeks like they should have we wouldnt have had to see him turning over the footy over the next month  ;D

:thatsgold :thatsgold

Vintage Flagman right there  ;D
May not be gold if postie gets a game ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2011, 08:38:03 PM »
May not be gold if postie gets a game ;D

You're not up to speed GR12

Look at the changes for the Brissie game thread

I've got Post as "IN"

:yep :yep

:outtahere

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2011, 09:42:31 PM »
Post should get a game, we need to change our rucks mix as Bris are strong in that dept
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Daniel Jackson action a real letdown - David King (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2011, 12:29:43 AM »
Daniel Jackson action a real letdown - David King

Mark Stevens and Jon Ralph
    April 27, 2011

FORMER Richmond assistant coach David King said the club would be "savage" on midfielder Daniel Jackson for copping another suspension.

Jackson was offered a one-match ban by the match review panel for a high hit on North Melbourne defender Scott Thompson and has a growing list of priors.

"I think this is really disappointing. He has done this time and time again," King told superfooty.com.au program Front and Square.

"The game was virtually over. There was no need for him to do what he did. It was just a brain snap. I think the club would be really savage on this occurrence."

Jackson is a key part of the Tigers' midfield as a hard-bodied tagger, who can also win plenty of the ball.

"He has put the club back again. They're trying to play that midfield group together ... it's just unacceptable," King said.

Jackson was rubbed out twice last season and was involved in a Facebook controversy after criticising the tribunal.

He accepted a two-match ban over a rough-conduct incident involving Fremantle's Hayden Ballantyne.

With no close-up video of the clash available, AFL match review panel chairman Mark Fraser relied on an explanation from umpire Mark Vozzo in imposing the penalty.

Vozzo told Fraser how Jackson ran from the interchange bench to make contact with the unsuspecting Docker, who was calling for the ball.

It came after Jackson was banned for three games for headbutting Hawthorn's Campbell Brown in Round 8.

He was also found guilty of another striking charge on Melbourne skipper James McDonald in Round 4, but escaped suspension.

King, a two-time premiership player at North Melbourne, also questioned its recruitment of similar style in-and-under players.

"I think they need to look at their selection. They need to get some players who can damage the game ... some outside players," King said.

But he remained bullish about the future at North. "This is in a lot of ways the year they had to have."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/daniel-jackson-action-a-real-letdown-david-king/story-e6frf9jf-1226045251041

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Relief for Tiger Jackson, but questions remain (Age)
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2011, 12:31:08 AM »
Relief for Tiger Jackson, but questions remain
Caroline Wilson
April 27, 2011

A SHAMED and repentant Daniel Jackson confronted his senior Richmond teammates on Anzac Day morning and unreservedly apologised for letting them down. It was a miserable way to start his 25th birthday. Both he and his club were fully expecting him to be sidelined for three matches.

Having inexplicably hit North's Scott Thompson in the head with two minutes remaining in Sunday's game, Jackson managed to sour for himself the Tigers' first win for the year and break a 2010 vow to be more disciplined.

Jackson has become a repeat offender in front of the match review panel. Runner-up in the Tigers' best-and-fairest two seasons ago, he made the top 10 last year despite missing five games through suspension and more through injury.

After being sidelined for two matches for rough conduct involving Fremantle's Hayden Ballantyne last year - which also occurred late in the game - Jackson wrote on his Facebook page: ''Dan Jackson is sick of playing a pussy sport and so is retiring in favour of playing a real man's sport. Perhaps I'll be better suited to the NRL?''

A member of Richmond's leadership group, Jackson - who has joined the chorus bemoaning intrusion on players' private lives - was forced to remove the comment and apologise or face further AFL penalties. On Monday, he was taken through the Thompson incident before apologising to the leadership group.

The good news for Jackson is he has, surprisingly, been suspended for just one game despite his poor record. No need to check with the Tigers as to whether they planned to appeal. His shoulder to Thompson's head was deemed high, reckless and low impact. The Kangaroos' medical report must have been kind to him.

This is just the latest in a strange series of decisions by the 2011 match review panel. Two nights ago, Carlton's Jarrad Waite said on One HD that his backwards kick aimed between the legs of Tiger Luke McGuane was the ''low point'' of his career, yet the incident did not trouble the panel.

Kicking an opponent in that area was considered taboo in Australian football, and the vision clearly showed how deliberate was Waite's intent. And yet the match review panel cleared him, citing medical evidence.

Waite's escape - and his record is not flash - became more ridiculous in the context of last week's decision to suspend Collingwood's Chris Dawes for a game for unmenacing contact with Tiger Reece Conca. Collingwood had nothing to lose, appealed, and justice prevailed.

Even the AFL felt compelled to subtly intervene when another repeat offender Campbell Brown, now at the Gold Coast, was suspended for only two games for a behind-the-play elbow that hit Callan Ward's face. Football boss Adrian Anderson said he would review penalties for off-the-ball incidents.

So Jackson has been one of the lucky ones. And he has - again - vowed to change his ways. Surely he is now coming close to losing the ''out-of-character'' tag usually applied to him after such clashes.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/relief-for-tiger-jackson-but-questions-remain-20110426-1dv57.html#ixzz1KdicWGuU

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2011, 01:32:20 AM »
I love how Journos rarely ever check there facts.

Pretty sure Jackson hit Balantyne in the second quarter.

And I'm pretty sure an Elbow isn't your shoulder.

Stupid  :banghead Frekin :banghead Journos. :banghead :banghead :banghead

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2011, 04:32:52 AM »
David King = damaged goods.

No refund, no warranty, no idea.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2011, 07:01:44 AM »

Dont deflect things onto the journos - Jacko is one very lucky bloke and on that point Caro and all other journos are correct

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2011, 07:45:06 AM »

Dont deflect things onto the journos - Jacko is one very lucky bloke and on that point Caro and all other journos are correct

Very very true WP.  Hate to agree with Caro but her article was spot on.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2011, 10:37:15 AM »
well I am  :gobdrop :gobdrop

Jacko & the Club have accpeted the 1 week penalty

I really thought we'd contest it to ensure we played this farcical event out to the end  :rollin

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2011, 12:19:59 PM »
well I am  :gobdrop :gobdrop

Jacko & the Club have accpeted the 1 week penalty

I really thought we'd contest it to ensure we played this farcical event out to the end  :rollin

Its an outrage!  ;D