Author Topic: Brissie game  (Read 12733 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brissie game
« Reply #210 on: June 19, 2011, 12:43:07 AM »
Granted Webberley didn't do much tonight lets not forget he hasn't played at AFL level for a while. So Im willing to keep him in for next week to see how he goes.

Grant win tonight by the boys. Its always good to win on the road I think.

Tigermonk

« Reply #211 on: June 19, 2011, 01:15:45 AM »
Was Raines there to watch  :jump

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #212 on: June 19, 2011, 01:19:36 AM »
Good win by the Tigers. Our starts just keep letting us down. Need to address that.

Rance I agree was great.
I loved Cotch's game tonight and obviously Dusty's.
Lids was great off half back and Vicks was great in the fwd line.
Special mention to Houli also. Kept us in the game early on when we were swamped and was a steadying influence all game. :thumbsup

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: June 19, 2011, 01:46:46 AM »
The Umpires are all brisbane tonight. They made some huge blunders

Seemed even worse at the game TM.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #214 on: June 19, 2011, 02:10:12 AM »

As TM and Monky posted during the game the umpire's advisor apparently gave the umps a spray at 3/4 time. I thought the umpiring was terrible for both sides.  They appeared more worried about what was going on way off the ball and there was a stage in the 3rd quarter that the players had no idea what some of frees were for. A topic for another thread but I hate that new stupid interchange rule with a passion and it's embarrassing gaining a goal from it. There is something drastically wrong with the rules if a goal can be scored due to something happenng outside the playing arena and with the ball not even in play (the ball hadn't even been bounced). Another one of Adrian Anderson's rules "fixes"  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #215 on: June 19, 2011, 02:30:55 AM »
Post, Farmer, Webberley, Hislop - all little pigs who should be thrown under a bus  ;D

Big BrownEy escapes your axe for tonight.... ;D :thumbsup

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: June 19, 2011, 03:13:24 AM »
Good win by the Tigers. Our starts just keep letting us down. Need to address that.

Rance I agree was great.
I loved Cotch's game tonight and obviously Dusty's.
Lids was great off half back and Vicks was great in the fwd line.
Special mention to Houli also. Kept us in the game early on when we were swamped and was a steadying influence all game. :thumbsup
Spot on Tuckerbag.

Pretty much a team effort.
Jack tried hard all night.
Miller had a few goals.
The only negatives were Post and Hislop but I reckon they will get better with a few more games.

Can't wait for Griffiths.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #217 on: June 19, 2011, 04:57:06 AM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #218 on: June 19, 2011, 05:24:11 AM »
A view on the umpiring last night from a neutral (Bombers) perspective ...

Brisbane VS Richmond game was the most over-officious umpiring display for the year.

Steve McBurney proved why he iis the worst umpire in the AFL>

http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60205&st=5430

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #219 on: June 19, 2011, 07:12:59 AM »
Was Raines there to watch  :jump

Ask Jackstar
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

10 FLAGS

« Reply #220 on: June 19, 2011, 09:06:39 AM »
Post, Farmer, Webberley, Hislop - all little pigs who should be thrown under a bus  ;D

Thanks for this post Brackets, I was just drinking some tea and its just come out of my nose.  ;D

10 FLAGS

« Reply #221 on: June 19, 2011, 09:12:10 AM »
A view on the umpiring last night from a neutral (Bombers) perspective ...

Brisbane VS Richmond game was the most over-officious umpiring display for the year.

Steve McBurney proved why he iis the worst umpire in the AFL>

http://www.bomberblitz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=60205&st=5430

theyre an emotional bunch on bomberblitz - one bloke just wrote that he dies a little inside every time he sees Dustin Martin because he knows that Dusty will never play for there club.  :lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: June 19, 2011, 09:33:20 AM »
I couldn't get to the pre-match function this year so can't report on anything said however at the post-match (couple of hundred attended) it was mentioned that the Supporters Club raised about $6-7k yesterday to go to the club.  Good stuff.  And once again, the support at the game for the Tige's was very strong.

Tigermonk

« Reply #223 on: June 19, 2011, 09:56:24 AM »

As TM and Monky posted during the game the umpire's advisor apparently gave the umps a spray at 3/4 time. I thought the umpiring was terrible for both sides.  They appeared more worried about what was going on way off the ball and there was a stage in the 3rd quarter that the players had no idea what some of frees were for. A topic for another thread but I hate that new stupid interchange rule with a passion and it's embarrassing gaining a goal from it. There is something drastically wrong with the rules if a goal can be scored due to something happenng outside the playing arena and with the ball not even in play (the ball hadn't even been bounced). Another one of Adrian Anderson's rules "fixes"  ::).

The umpires didnot even get the off the ball incident correct, Edwards was the player dropped in one & they got the free kick LMFAO  ;D The interchange rule was broken by the Lions last night & was the correct decision was given.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #224 on: June 19, 2011, 11:14:33 AM »
Umpiring was terrible!!!!  Brisbane supporters very quiet compared to us noisy Tigers supporters :lol

Thought Houli, Cotch, Lids and Vickery were great.  Post was ok but couldn't work out why Webberley was still on ground - bring back Nason.  Dustin was fantastic! Browne still gets beated in the ruck but did some good things.  Jack was a bit quiet I thought.  Congrat to Axel on his 100th.

We hung around and found the team bus and waited for the players.  Mini-me got a pic with Dimma and we briefly spoke with him, congratulating him on the win and a great fourth quarter.