Author Topic: Before I "BIN IT"  (Read 17424 times)

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Before I "BIN IT"
« Reply #90 on: July 05, 2011, 01:21:04 PM »
someone on this website should run for a position in the board when one comes up and people on this site get behind them.

I believe Gerks is running for president ?  That's the way , don't eff around !  Aim high Gerks  :thumbsup

Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

gerkin greg

« Reply #91 on: July 05, 2011, 01:22:42 PM »
stuff you you wooden t¡t  :cheers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: July 05, 2011, 05:09:57 PM »
I spoke to another richmond supporter on Monday. He said he didn't go to the Carlton match because of Richmond's performance against Melbourne. It seems that some supporters rightly or wrongly are resigned to the fact that we are a basket case. It seems to me that this post has shown how passionate supporters are about the club and that they have the best interests of the club at heart. Then to effect the necessary change call me crazy but someone on this website should run for a position in the board when one comes up and people on this site get behind them. It is time the club gets in touch with its supporters.

The club couldn't have done more to get and keep in touch with it's supporters this year.  How will this supporter voice in the board improve things?  What skills at a board level will this supporter bring?  Are you suggesting that those on the board are less passionate about the club than us 'supporters' or don't have the best interests of the club at heart?  Is the current problem (as you see it) a board issue or an employee issue (given that they are both completely different roles)?

tony_montana

« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2011, 05:43:32 PM »
I spoke to another richmond supporter on Monday. He said he didn't go to the Carlton match because of Richmond's performance against Melbourne. It seems that some supporters rightly or wrongly are resigned to the fact that we are a basket case.

thats why only 59,000 turned up. If we had of beaten melbourne the week before or at the very least gone down playing like warriors instead of insecure little school girls, we wouldve got closer to 80k probably more. Think most tiger supports have finally cottoned on that something in our inate playing culture stinks, Dimma would do well to try and work out why a new list of players reacts the same way as every dud tiger lineup of the past 20 years. We just cannot turn up on the big occassions, ever, its incredible

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2011, 09:36:22 PM »
I spoke to another richmond supporter on Monday. He said he didn't go to the Carlton match because of Richmond's performance against Melbourne. It seems that some supporters rightly or wrongly are resigned to the fact that we are a basket case. It seems to me that this post has shown how passionate supporters are about the club and that they have the best interests of the club at heart. Then to effect the necessary change call me crazy but someone on this website should run for a position in the board when one comes up and people on this site get behind them. It is time the club gets in touch with its supporters.

The club couldn't have done more to get and keep in touch with it's supporters this year.  How will this supporter voice in the board improve things?  What skills at a board level will this supporter bring?  Are you suggesting that those on the board are less passionate about the club than us 'supporters' or don't have the best interests of the club at heart?  Is the current problem (as you see it) a board issue or an employee issue (given that they are both completely different roles)?

Do you think our board is doing a good job Smokey?
If so, where are they setting a standard in the comp?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2011, 09:50:13 PM »

I always find this discussion about board members and their passion for the club and interesting one

Harsh reality is that the number 1 priority of board members is to run the club which happens to be whether we like it or not a business - they are overseeing the running of a business.

Sometimes and we as members/supporters might like it but they do have to temper the passion for the Club to make bloody tough decisions. Sometimes the passion has to take a back seat. Ultimately, a directors job is to do things that are in the best interest of the Club to ensure it survives, then thrives while covering off all the legal requirements. By extension sometimes things wont sit on top of the popularity stakes with members

IMHO to be on the board of a footy club (at any level) you need to be able to know when to be passionate and when to be business focussed. They can be and usually are two very seperate things. The goal of any Footy Club Board member should be to ensure the place is in better shape than when they arrived
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2011, 09:51:35 PM »
Oh and by the way - I have officially binned last weeks game  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

TigerTimeII

« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2011, 10:03:29 PM »

i havent and the fact dimma said he will and dosnt even want to review it is a joke

that game must be reviewed and every player who made a weak arse attempt at tackling and chasing must be punished

each player must be told that running around the ground grabbing ur jumper means jack poo, its attitude while playing that shows
what the jumper means not pulling at it

each player must be told, u either want the jumper or eff off

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2011, 02:16:13 AM »
I hope people have calmed down and have begun to rationally look at the fact that we got well beaten by a top 4 side. TFTF or otherwise, it's not a big surprise given where we are coming from.

A win against the Dons would be the perfect tonic.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2011, 07:23:28 AM »
I hope people have calmed down and have begun to rationally look at the fact that we got well beaten by a top 4 side. TFTF or otherwise, it's not a big surprise given where we are coming from.

p off

its not about being thrashed, i dont care if we get thrashed by a good team

but facts are its about the fricken EFFORT AND INTENSITY  they played with

it was worse than pathetic, and quite frankly the blues are not that good ffs, yes they are better but not by that much

that game was played with no ticker no pride and no effort, onky rance king and jack put any effort in to hold a tackle

none of our mids put that extra bit to get numbers to the ball and break the lines

they were poo and i ever wanna see a performance like that again

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2011, 08:48:11 AM »

p off

its not about being thrashed, i dont care if we get thrashed by a good team

but facts are its about the fricken EFFORT AND INTENSITY  they played with

it was worse than pathetic, and quite frankly the blues are not that good ffs, yes they are better but not by that much

that game was played with no ticker no pride and no effort, onky rance king and jack put any effort in to hold a tackle

none of our mids put that extra bit to get numbers to the ball and break the lines

they were poo and i ever wanna see a performance like that again

Yes we were a bit off but quite simply we were THRASHED in the midfield by a vastly superior unit who have the ability to challenge the leagues best.
If you think we're a lot better than what we showed at this stage of our development then I can only think you overrated us heading into the game.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2011, 09:02:49 AM »

i havent and the fact dimma said he will and dosnt even want to review it is a joke

that game must be reviewed and every player who made a weak behind attempt at tackling and chasing must be punished

The plan is to sit all those players in the Naughty corner during this weeks game! That will learn e'm :lol

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2011, 01:55:22 PM »
No Mr. Magic, we were not "a bit off", we were completely non-existent from the first bounce to the final siren. Of course Carlton are a couple of years ahead of us in their development. Nobody is disputing that.But I don't care what you say, the difference between us is NOT 100+ points.
The fact that the only players who could vaguely say even tried on the day were Rance,Nahas, Jack and to a lesser degree King is inexcusable.
As is the fact that we got virtually nothing out of Martin, Cotchin, Deledio, Foley, Vickery, Newman, Houli, Batchelor,Grigg and a host of our other more talented and emerging players.
That Griffiths was knocked out with no retaliation was a disgrace. As was Waite, once again throwing his feet into opponents with impunity, and Betts running around at will, mocking  and mouthing off to the Tiger supporters behind the Punt Road goal.
The Tigers collective lack of willingness to run, chase, support, tackle and basically COMPETE all day long was nothing short of appaling against a traditional enemy, and a team that in more recent times has stolen our draft picks and our pokies venue, as well as subjecting us to ritual humiliation in both our Centenary game, Ben Cousins first showing , and now our Fighting Tiger Fund day.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2011, 04:11:21 PM »

"The club couldn't have done more to get and keep in touch with it's supporters this year.  How will this supporter voice in the board improve things?  What skills at a board level will this supporter bring?  Are you suggesting that those on the board are less passionate about the club than us 'supporters' or don't have the best interests of the club at heart?  Is the current problem (as you see it) a board issue or an employee issue (given that they are both completely different roles)?"

After a comprehensive thrashing like that on such an occasion when the club was expected to rise to the challenge questions need to be raised at all levels. Without any knowledge of the supporters on this website you assume they are not up to the task of being a director. Such an assumption is not warranted. The point is that if there is a cultural issue at the club then you need to look at all levels not just the playing group. For the record I am not saying that the borad members are not passionate about the club. It was just a suggestion.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2011, 07:28:56 PM »

Do you think our board is doing a good job Smokey?
If so, where are they setting a standard in the comp?

Yes I do HRT.  I think the direction they have set for the club and the charter they have given Benny Gale has been first class.  In their role as Directors and Board they have charted a sound course that will lead to success if plans come to fruition.  If the club doesn't succeed during their reign then it won't be the fault of good corporate governance on their behalf (unless circumstances change dramatically in the near future).