Author Topic: In Hardwicks shoes  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
In Hardwicks shoes
« on: July 09, 2011, 10:25:11 PM »
If you were in Hardwick's position right now after the teams performance last week and this weeks capitulation what would you do from here (apart from possible suicidal options)?

I think its time to get certain players in a one on one and tell them in no uncertain terms that they are playing for a contract next season. See if they have any real desire to make it as a player with the Tigers. To be honest my approach after tonights game would have been to let the playing group sit and stew in the dressing rooms. There is no doubt Hardwick has got more out of certain players than previous coaches however maybe the magic starts to wear off after a while and old habits start creeping back in, how can this be turned around?

tony_montana

Re: In Hardwicks shoes
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 10:28:14 PM »
You cant polish a turd Lozza. They are what they are and before long the truth comes out.. Hopefully he sticks to his guns and keeps making tough decisions. Think we're going to struggle for the rest of the season, our spirit is broken

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 10:29:25 PM »
Keep chopping the list and back your recruting staff who have been alright in the last few seasons.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Ox

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 10:31:34 PM »
he should demoralise every player who put in an insipid performance
infront of the whole club until the weak idiots cry and then tell them to stuff off
and get a real job

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 10:36:38 PM »
I've already started settling down.

Have a look at the Bumbers tonight. Heppell, young gun, yes, any other good kids coming through? No.

Monfries, Stanton, Davey, Prismall, Dyson etc. are our Tivendale, Pettifer, Schulz, McMahon, Hyde etc.  

Nothing players, but they have a huge advantage over our kids, they have been around long enough to work up a tank and strength to outlast and outmuscle our 0-50 gamers (we have a lot of them).

Tonight we saw Griff and Helbig show signs, Rance and Vickery have had breakout years, Martin and Cotchin are still kids, Conca and Batchelor look players, but they're tiring.

It's a bit like when we beat the Saints that time and Grant Thomas said that his side was better than ours after the game.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 10:37:33 PM »
infront of the whole club until the weak idiots cry and then tell them to eff off
and get a real job
:lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 10:43:30 PM »
slam a couple of players up against the lockers, forearm under the chin, eyes bulging, spittle flying, balls bursting and let rip with a few home truths...time to let go with mr Nice Guy :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 12:22:03 AM »
infront of the whole club until the weak idiots cry and then tell them to eff off
and get a real job
:lol

:cheers

Hardwick will be judged this time next year on the decisions he makes in the next two months. Who he delists who he trades what he trades for and who he picks up in the draft. He fails in any of the aforementioned and he may just be casualty number 13 since 1982. He needs to get back to the tough talking actions speak louder than words attitude. Needs to drop a big name and shake things up at least short term. Martin possibly Riewoldt. Refocus Dimma.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 12:25:05 AM »
If i were Dimma i would roll a big splif and wonder why my laptop broke down that day i was applying for the Bombers job.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 12:47:18 AM »
If i were Dimma i would roll a big splif and wonder why my laptop broke down that day i was applying for the Bombers job.

Understand we're all upset but in no way in the world would I trade our list for Essendons.

They may have depth, but their depth at best can't match it with Collingwood, at it's absolute best and with Geelong on an off week they can get up and same with Carlton.

Combers will get found out with there paddock game style and finishing 10th-7th wont be getting any decent draft picks.

Who will compete with Martin and Cotchin in 5 years time? Watson and Hocking. That is it. The rest are fringe and/or to old.

McVeigh wont be tagging Nahas i 2 seasons time, maybe even next year.

Hurley and Heppel and I suppose Ryder are their future.

Our best 5-7 players are all under 23. Where as Essendons have 2.
Go Tigers!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 01:04:36 AM »

Both sides have huge paths to go. In fact Essendon's job in reality is greater but due to the fact that the media love the Bombers and Jimmy can do no wrong in their eyes the public perception will always be that Essendon is the more attractive proposition until we change that. Furthermore when week in week one of your best players is 36 years old then the void he'll leave whrn he's gone will be huge.
We were flavour of the week seven weeks ago when we beat them and although we are not now our time should come soon if Dimma does what he needs to do at the end of the season.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 09:40:42 AM »
Hird is going to strand Essendon mid table this year. No picks added to the fact that Essendon dont ever want to negotiate properly at the trade table means their stuffed.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 10:59:04 AM »
Don't get seduced by all this...  They are not stupid, they don't give a fat rats clacker about this years draft!  Its a crap compromised draft, why would they care, they will win back their supporter base and look toward bottoming out for the super draft next year.  We on the other hand will of course try and rebuild on the back of a compromised draft haha
Lots of people name their swords......

10 FLAGS

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 11:00:59 AM »
Don't get seduced by all this...  They are not stupid, they don't give a fat rats clacker about this years draft!  Its a crap compromised draft, why would they care, they will win back their supporter base and look toward bottoming out for the super draft next year.  We on the other hand will of course try and rebuild on the back of a compromised draft haha

We will implement our compo pick for the 2012 draft unless we trade it. I imagine that our draft position in 2012 will be pretty strong.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 11:54:49 AM »
hardwiick stuffed up big time when they didnt review last weeks game properly and dismoissed it and rather reviewed the dream time game again

the guy is in denial and must snap out of it