Author Topic: Skills and Kicking  (Read 639 times)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Skills and Kicking
« on: July 10, 2011, 01:31:21 AM »
I thought we finally turned the tide on these 2 issues we were looking good for the odd here and there mistake ,but it looks like there back.Not hitting targets ,cute kicks that don't come off,poor kick In's,and selling our teamates in trouble.The way I see it is ,is that if we cant improve these 2 errors we can not go forward as a club.This issue has held us up for a very long time!!!.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Skills and Kicking
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 09:36:21 AM »
Turn overs killed us. Gave Essendon easy goals. Cost us the match. Need to play conservative particularly in back line

10 FLAGS

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 09:45:05 AM »
Its usually the same 3 or 4 players who kill us each week with their turnovers. Get rid of them and you eradicate alot of the turnovers.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 09:56:29 AM »
I thought we finally turned the tide on these 2 issues we were looking good for the odd here and there mistake ,but it looks like there back.Not hitting targets ,cute kicks that don't come off,poor kick In's,and selling our teamates in trouble.The way I see it is ,is that if we cant improve these 2 errors we can not go forward as a club.This issue has held us up for a very long time!!!.

I reckon a lot of it is based around running effort.  When we run hard we refer the pressure to the opposition and our skill level rises dramatically.  When we stop running we allow the pressure to come to us.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 10:42:29 AM »
Some of the newer blokes are still inexperienced and are sending off hospital passes when in the clinches instead of driving it long.  So poor target choices I suppose, kickouts are really bad still.  We are getting bulldozed in contested ball, we seem pretty slick when we get it at times but we make a lot of stuffing work out of it and get very little reward at the end ... lack of forward structure, lack of defensive structure and now our midfield structure seems to be failing.  I suppose its getting the newer guys on board to play to the same song sheet as the more senior blokes.
Lots of people name their swords......