Author Topic: Jeep - major sponsor [merged]  (Read 14463 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Jeep to extend our major sponsorship: Ch 7
« Reply #195 on: March 07, 2017, 12:08:11 PM »

yep doing pretty well.

ME bank still up at punt road oval?

Gotta whack them for good news.  ::)

If it upsets you so much Angus, why don't you foot the bill that it would cost to remove the signage and then pay for the Replacement signage when a newbie is signed

While I get the angst, people whack them if they waste money. I would think the cost to get it all removed would not come cheap.. priorities
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

FlashGordon

« Reply #196 on: March 07, 2017, 12:15:57 PM »

yep doing pretty well.

If it upsets you so much Angus, why don't you foot the bill that it would cost to remove the signage and then pay for the Replacement signage when a newbie is signed

While I get the angst, people whack them if they waste money. I would think the cost to get it all removed would not come cheap.. priorities

Interesting stuff.  So in effect what you are saying is that if you are a prospective sponsor, you now know that you sign a year deal, get all the signs up and then pull the pin and you get 3 years for the price of 1 because of your spectacularly flawed logic

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #197 on: March 07, 2017, 12:19:52 PM »

yep doing pretty well.

Interesting stuff.  So in effect what you are saying is that if you are a prospective sponsor, you now know that you sign a year deal, get all the signs up and then pull the pin and you get 3 years for the price of 1 because of your spectacularly flawed logic
I thought ME just didn't renew the deal. If you sign a 3 year deal I would have thought you'd have to honour the deal from a legal point of view. Unless you file for bankruptcy...
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

FlashGordon

« Reply #198 on: March 07, 2017, 12:22:29 PM »

yep doing pretty well.

I thought ME just didn't renew the deal. If you sign a 3 year deal I would have thought you'd have to honour the deal from a legal point of view. Unless you file for bankruptcy...

ok so you sign a 3 year deal and get 2 for free...I mean you logic is ridiculously simplistic and sends a message that you can bend us over because we cant afford a few guys to rip down signage...like get real for once

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #199 on: March 07, 2017, 01:21:48 PM »
Would be fantastic

They've scaled back their sponsorships this year of other teams

I
Yep. Gold Coast has been dumped by them (Fiat) apparently according to Ch 7.

Yes and they also sponsored St George / Illawarra in the NRL for the last couple of season but didn't renew

Actually watching the JLT series there are a number of clubs who seem to be down on sponsors, GC & Melb have space for sale on their jumpers and a couple have no shorts sponsors

So I supposed based on that we can say we're not doing too bad  ;D  :outtahere
As I mentioned last year, it is a tough market for sports sponsorship at the moment.

Clearly this is lost on the sooks, though.

Lmao at the princesses whining over the ME Bank sign not coming down.

We loose nothing while it it is still there.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

FlashGordon

« Reply #200 on: March 07, 2017, 01:51:22 PM »
Would be fantastic

They've scaled back their sponsorships this year of other teams

I
Yep. Gold Coast has been dumped by them (Fiat) apparently according to Ch 7.

Yes and they also sponsored St George / Illawarra in the NRL for the last couple of season but didn't renew

Actually watching the JLT series there are a number of clubs who seem to be down on sponsors, GC & Melb have space for sale on their jumpers and a couple have no shorts sponsors

So I supposed based on that we can say we're not doing too bad  ;D  :outtahere
As I mentioned last year, it is a tough market for sports sponsorship at the moment.

Interesting point. Now how about telling us what your take is on what we actually gain?   This will be good.  :help

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #201 on: March 07, 2017, 02:02:35 PM »

Nice twist of things there so you can give out whack for no other reason than you seem to like whacking the
Club no matter what they do

What I am saying is

ME Bank had a 5 year deal. That deal ended in late 2015. As of right now there is no replacement. The signage clearly
your remains.

While understand that this disgusts people in the overall scheme of things it isnt a big deal. Is it perfect? No. But overall is it sky falling stuff? No again

The cost to remove it all and replace it with nothing costs would be alot.

I can think of better things for them to spend money on than removing the signage of a sponsor who gave us great service and that we still have a link to via another sponsor.

Get a new ground naming sponsor and it gets removed for half the cost of removing it now and replacing it in say 3 months time.

So forgive me if I am not going to whack them for securing their co-major sponsor which is fantastic news and removing some signage.

Great points.

GC lost Fiat last November and haven't been able to replace them.

Demons have been trying to get a back of the jumper sponsor since before Xmas. ST Kilda,  WCE to name 2 clubs have no short sponsor as they head into the season

We lock in our co-major and get a new short sponsor and people sook.

Reckon there is a few clubs that would want to be in our shoes right about now
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

FlashGordon

« Reply #202 on: March 07, 2017, 02:10:39 PM »

Nice twist of things there so you can give out whack for no to her reason than you seem to like whacking the
Club no matter what they do

What I am saying is

ME Bank had a 5 year deal. That deal ended in late 2015. As of right now there is no replacement. The signage clearly
your remains.

While understand that this disgusts people in the overall scheme of things it isnt a big deal. Is it perfect? No. But overall is it sky falling stuff? No again

The cost to remove it all and replace it with nothing costs would be alot.

I can think of better things for them to spend money on than removing the signage of a sponsor who gave us great service and that we still have a link to via another sponsor.

Get a new ground naming sponsor and it gets removed for half the cost of removing it now and replacing it in say 3 months time.

So forgive me if I am not going to whack them for securing their co-major sponsor which is fantastic news and removing some signage.

Great points.

GC lost Fiat last November and haven't been able to replace them.

Demons have been trying to get a back of the jumper sponsor since before Xmas. ST Kilda,  WCE to name 2 clubs have no short sponsor as they head into the season

We lock in our co-major and get a new short sponsor and people sook.

Reckon there is a few clubs that would want to be in our shoes right about now

what has all that got to do with a discussion about having signage up for a company that isnt paying for it? 
and FWIW, WCE bury us with the amount of sponsors they have on board...be it major, or otherwise. 

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #203 on: March 07, 2017, 02:28:35 PM »
LMAO at comparing sponsorship from a club with one other AFL club to compete against in the state with one who has 9 competitors plus an NRL club.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #204 on: March 07, 2017, 02:39:11 PM »
I would say this, however. I am of the opinion that we are one of the most marketable clubs in the league.

Aside from our larger-than-most supporter base, we are constantly in the news (sporting and otherwise). We have an incredibly propitiously located home base, great colours and mascot ("The Tigers") and a ripping theme song.

The current sponsorship deals appear to me as par for the course. I know we're still outdone by teams like Hawthorn (although this is mostly due to their onfield success).

FlashGordon

« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2017, 02:47:37 PM »
LMAO at comparing sponsorship from a club with one other AFL club to compete against in the state with one who has 9 competitors plus an NRL club.

first off someone produced the WCE as some kind of excuse for our predicament being in terms of sponsorship, when in fact they have sponsors coming out of their proverbials and i wasnt comparing poo.
As for your suggestion on the competition, yeah but then Perth is one of those NY sized cities  that resides smack bang in the middle of corporate Austrailia, not like us that have our home right in the middle of nowhereland, 3 minutes from the Melbourne CBD, right outside the G.
Its quite hilarious how with every post by you and others, it verifies to alot of us here with grave concerns on how the club is run by the board, how they continue to remain in the drivers seatl.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2017, 04:22:21 PM »

first off someone produced the WCE as some kind of excuse for our predicament being in terms of sponsorship, when in fact they have sponsors coming out of their proverbials and i wasnt comparing poo.
As for your suggestion on the competition, yeah but then Perth is one of those NY sized cities  that resides smack bang in the middle of corporate Austrailia, not like us that have our home right in the middle of nowhereland, 3 minutes from the Melbourne CBD, right outside the G.
Its quite hilarious how with every post by you and others, it verifies to alot of us here with grave concerns on how the club is run by the board, how they continue to remain in the drivers seatl.
It was WP who you accuse of producing some kind of excuse for our predicament with sponsorship which he did not do. He simply produced examples of how difficult it is to gain sponsors in the current environment.

I guess  i felt that a club based in a city that is so isolated (in an era of globalisation) that if they offered Dusty 3.5 million a year over five years that it would have to be easier to get the sponsors dollars.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:42:19 PM by Go Richo 12 »

FlashGordon

« Reply #207 on: March 07, 2017, 05:01:09 PM »

It was WP who you accuse of producing some kind of excuse for our predicament with sponsorship which he did not do. He simply produced examples of how difficult it is to gain sponsors in the current environment.

I guess  i felt that a club based in a city that is so isolated (in an era of globalisation) that if they offered Dusty 3.5 million a year over five years that it would have to be easier to get the sponsors dollars.

man WTF are you on about. Who accused who of what?  Like get your head out of it man...the discaussion was about Punt Rd having signage up and the club making a big fat 0 out of it. And WP started offering up petty comparisons with the ALMIGHTY Suns, AInts and then threw in no shorts sponsor for the Eagles.  The fact of the matter is we have signs up at Punt Rd for a sponsor who aint paying for it. The Eagles dont have a sponsor on their shorts because they arent about to offer freebies like we have. Now move on

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #208 on: March 07, 2017, 05:24:04 PM »
:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow
                                                                              Well Done To
                                                                                      JEEP
                                                         For Renewing Their Sponsorship
:clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

This is what this thread is supposed to be about, isn't it. Say no to hijackers.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

FlashGordon

« Reply #209 on: March 07, 2017, 05:34:00 PM »
:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow
                                                                              Well Done To
                                                                                      JEEP
                                                         For Renewing Their Sponsorship
:clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :clapping :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

This is what this thread is supposed to be about, isn't it. Say no to hijackers.

So its official yes?