Author Topic: Dimma's dissection (weekly video match review)  (Read 70075 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: From the coaches box (weekly video email)
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2014, 11:17:00 PM »
I would think Hardwick a little deflated by the Suns loss. Not because so much of where we are at but by how much they have improved and how much improvement they still have in them.
Expansion teams are coming like a veritable stampede...

gerkin greg

Re: From the coaches box (weekly video email)
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2014, 10:27:16 AM »
 :chuck

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dimma's dissection (weekly video match review)
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2014, 12:18:43 AM »
Dimma's dissection- round 2 vs Carlton:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-04-01/r2-dimmas-dissection

* Most of Carlton's damage was done from the 12th min of the 3rd qtr to the 19th min of the last qtr where they kicked 5.6 to our 0.4. Our inside 50s were down, our contested ball was done, we couldn't get our hands on the footy and we went away from the way we wanted to play.

* The F50 zone had the biggest contested possession loss (23-28) of the three zones which was due to our inability to win the contested ground ball in this zone (14-22). The majority of this differential was in the 2nd half when we had a greater percentage of long bombs inside F50 and only retained possession from 20% of these kicks.

* We narrowly lost the clearances (42-43), however it is important to note that a large majority of the Blues clearances were ineffective: 13 of their 43 were ineffective (30%) compared to our 9 from 42 (21%). The Blues did not score a goal at all from first possession wins but kicked 2.0 of their 2.6 from clearances from our cough ups (RFC first possession to clearance loss).

* In the 2013 Elim. Final, our overall clearance loss was -11 and the Blues were able to kick 11 goals from their defensive clearance wins. So pleased to only give up 2 goals this time. The Defensive 50 won the contested ball (22-21) this time also which has been a major issue against Carlton in previous encounters. Remember we lost the D50 contested ball by -18 in the Elim. final last year. So another significant improvement this time around. Dimma praised the work of Astbury, Vlastuin and Chaplin in defence. Our backs were able to produce a number of great spoils.

* Had nine marks inside F50 in first half. Hardly any in 2nd half. Need to get better at the 50-70m zone and lower our eyes to spot shorter targets. Carlton players like Simpson and Yarran were dropping back quickly. Yarran dropped off his man to get back so we needed to go shorter using his man rather than bombing to outnumbered situations up forward.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2014, 12:43:28 PM »
Very interesting about the contested ball and clearances but I felt the switch in the game had more to do with our ball use. Carlton shut down our space and options forcing us to kick long and turn the ball over. That's it in a nut shell for me.

So here is what I really want to know from Dimma regarding the game -

Questions to Dimma

1 Why did the game change so dramatically from half time?
2 What are we doing to combat this tactic going forward?
3 How can we find space to play our game when the players are fatigued and the opposition are manning up on us?
4 Who is going to replace White as our sub to give us the run we desperately need as games wear on?

Thank you

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2014, 01:40:19 PM »
Dimma's dissection- round 2 vs Carlton:
Dimma praised the work of Astbury, Vlastuin and Chaplin in defence.

I'm confused ? Who is correct , Dimma or the posse of posters on here who bagged the crap outta Chaplin for his performance on Thursday night ?
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Online lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2014, 02:24:35 PM »
Very interesting about the contested ball and clearances but I felt the switch in the game had more to do with our ball use. Carlton shut down our space and options forcing us to kick long and turn the ball over. That's it in a nut shell for me.

Questions to Dimma

3 How can we find space to play our game when the players are fatigued and the opposition are manning up on us?
4 Who is going to replace White as our sub to give us the run we desperately need as games wear on?

Thank you

A1) 20/22 players got the ceebs
A2) Learn to kick a goal 70m out Malcolm Blight style so we don't need precision entry into F50
A3) As per A2) bring back the barrel
A4) Go to Dayle Garlett's house and offer him a dump truck full of money

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2014, 03:11:28 PM »

Questions to Dimma

Thank you

A1) 20/22 players got the ceebs
A2) Learn to kick a goal 70m out Malcolm Blight style so we don't need precision entry into F50
A3) As per A2) bring back the barrel
A4) Go to Dayle Garlett's house and offer him a dump truck full of money

Thanks for clearing that up for me Dimma/lamington!  :shh So any changes to the side this week? ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2014, 09:48:01 PM »
Welcome to this week’s episode of Dimma’s Dissection, the weekly game-analysis video by Richmond’s senior coach, Damien Hardwick.

‘Dimma’ reviewed the key areas of play in Friday night’s loss to Collingwood, and while costly turnovers hurt the Tigers during the match, he was pleased with Richmond’s ability to score from centre-forward stoppages and forward-50 turnovers.

Click on the video link to watch ‘Dimma’ assess the key passages of play during Richmond’s Round 4 match.   

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-04-15/dimmas-dissection-rnd-4

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2014, 09:53:02 PM »
Welcome to this week’s episode of Dimma’s Dissection, the weekly game-analysis video by Richmond’s senior coach, Damien Hardwick.

‘Dimma’ reviewed the key areas of play in Friday night’s loss to Collingwood, and while costly turnovers hurt the Tigers during the match, he was pleased with Richmond’s ability to score from centre-forward stoppages and forward-50 turnovers.

Click on the video link to watch ‘Dimma’ assess the key passages of play during Richmond’s Round 4 match.   

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-04-15/dimmas-dissection-rnd-4
Did anyone tell him we kicked 3 goals in three quarters? :o
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2014, 10:33:07 PM »
Watching that you'd think we won the game.  Beat them in the stoppages, contested possession, clearances, tackles, forward 50 turnovers etc.  Most of Hardick's KPI's were met yet we got smashed.  Imagine what would happen if his KPI's weren't achieved?  lol.  Talks about ball security and how we turned the ball over and that we need to improve this area.  Doesn't mention why this was the case and what we need to do to improve this.  Have never heard him talk about the need for more running support, more open space, more options for the ball carrier, more teamwork, more polish on the outside, more lead up options in our forward line, more spread etc.  he's one dimensional and all he's concerned about are his stats on stoppages.  Appears has no idea that we are getting smashed on the outside and in open play.  Seems like he's got the blinkers on and just sees the action in the stoppages.  When the ball goes on the outside he loses complete sight of the game.  The more i listen to him the more I'm concerned about the direction he is taking us.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2014, 10:38:07 PM »
Good comments Harry.
It was good to relive the 4 or 5 little gutsy pieces of tiger play from the other night, no mention of the other 118 minutes?
I will however give him an 8/10 for acting, he was adequately sheepish in this video, he looked like a husband that got home at lunchtime Sunday from an all night bender, it's a wonder a little tear didn't roll down his cheek, I gave it 4 bills

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2014, 10:41:28 PM »
That highlighted piece of play from Newman was about the only thing he did on the night.
Guess we can expect him selected again this week!!! :P

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2014, 12:17:04 AM »
Oh dear. The denial is creeping in. Welcome to Tigerland *insert no.1 picks name* (next 5 years)

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2014, 06:53:59 AM »
Hardwick = no idea
If they did a proper review of the game
It would of taken 8 hours
Match littered with errors from first bounce

dwaino

« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2014, 07:35:16 AM »
Oh dear. The denial is creeping in. Welcome to Tigerland *insert no.1 picks name* (next 5 years)

Already got him in my 22  :cheers