Author Topic: Dimma's dissection (weekly video match review)  (Read 70057 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dimma's dissection (weekly video match review)
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2014, 08:01:52 AM »
Poor guy looks like a broken man. Coaching the Tigers is no good for one's health.
Nor is supporting them for that matter. :-[

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2014, 10:37:30 PM »
DIMMA'S DISSECTION: ROUND 12

VIDEO: www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2012-12-31/dimmas-dissection-round-12

Dimma: ‘We couldn’t stop the Kangaroos’ transition’.

Edit:

* Lost contested ball in second half by 26 (48 - 74). Primary reason for the loss and why North outscored us by 10 goals in the second half. In the first half we were +2 for contested ball. Main way to win contested ball is to get numbers to the contest and outnumber the opposition. Did that in first half (showed examples) but we were outhunted and outnumbered at contests by North in the second half.

* We didn't restrict North's transition. In first half North's transition from D50 was 23% for 0.2; in second half it was 37% for 3.3. When you are being beaten in the contested ball, you're not getting your hands on the footy and chasing tail which tires you out. You don't get what we call that "offensive rest".

* Top 8 sides are the top 8 sides in contested ball. Last year we were #2 in the AFL; this year we are #14. Primary reason why we are not where we want to be. Fix that and the rest of our game will improve. This week the focus will be contested ball and outnumbering the opposition at contests.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:53:19 PM by one-eyed »

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2014, 10:39:13 PM »
Cue the Benny Hill music. :help

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2014, 10:48:58 PM »
We're more like Wile E Coyote.

Straight from Acme.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #154 on: June 10, 2014, 10:56:28 PM »
Poor guy looks like a broken man. Coaching the Tigers is no good for one's health.
Nor is supporting them for that matter. :-[

At least coaching them for 5 years financially sets you up for life. Best healthcare meaning best psychiatrists and the pity of the general footy public.

What about us fans. We are fornicated for life. :help

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #155 on: June 10, 2014, 11:09:24 PM »
*Lose games.
Primary reason - a coach that breaks poo down like this.
Year 7 maths at a physicists convention don't cut it.
Oy Vey. 
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #156 on: June 10, 2014, 11:28:16 PM »
Dimma looks 15 years older from when he took over in 09
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #157 on: June 10, 2014, 11:42:10 PM »
@500k a year
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2014, 12:11:59 AM »

Edit:

* Lost contested ball in second half by 26 (48 - 74). Primary reason for the loss and why North outscored us by 10 goals in the second half. In the first half we were +2 for contested ball. Main way to win contested ball is to get numbers to the contest and outnumber the opposition. Did that in first half (showed examples) but we were outhunted and outnumbered at contests by North in the second half.

* We didn't restrict North's transition. In first half North's transition from D50 was 23% for 0.2; in second half it was 37% for 3.3. When you are being beaten in the contested ball, you're not getting your hands on the footy and chasing tail which tires you out. You don't get what we call that "offensive rest".

* Top 8 sides are the top 8 sides in contested ball. Last year we were #2 in the AFL; this year we are #14. Primary reason why we are not where we want to be. Fix that and the rest of our game will improve. This week the focus will be contested ball and outnumbering the opposition at contests.
Dimma should STFU. Comes out and tells us why we lost, days after we lost and sits there scratching his ass on matchday not knowing what to do  :clapping

Sick of all the talk the club has done this year, nothing but BS words that they continually fail to back up when it counts.

What the stuff have they been focusing on every other week?  :wallywink

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2014, 12:26:07 AM »

Edit:

Dimma should STFU. Comes out and tells us why we lost, days after we lost and sits there scratching his ass on matchday not knowing what to do  :clapping

Sick of all the talk the club has done this year, nothing but BS words that they continually fail to back up when it counts.

What the stuff have they been focusing on every other week?  :wallywink

Spot on, man!
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2014, 10:35:01 AM »
Night clubbing. Charity events. aboriginal impowerment awareness. Media responsibilities.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2014, 11:04:47 AM »
Would love him to just get on there and tell it like it is..

'Hi Tiger fans and welcome to this week's spin free edits..

'We started like a house on fire for the first time in this year against half decent opposition because Rex Hunt's jumper presentation actually fired us up for a change which was pleasing.'

'Look I wish I could get as much passion out of my side as Rex because after he went home, I gave my HT speech & we did the total opposite..'

'We've shown time and time again now that we're a team of front runners, who fall to pieces when the opposition get a run on.
Although we've practiced how to stop teams endlessly running over us like a freight train, the players are as dumb as a box of hammers and as weak as pee when it comes to applying it on game day.
They obviously stopped listening to me a while back which is disappointing.. actually screw that it's poohouse and ageing me by the minute. However we'll continue to work on it because I'm contracted for another two and a half seasons.'

'The facts are that nobody in our extremely well paid leadership group gives a whimper when the game is on the line and the rest of the list is crap and slow as treacle. When Tripod beat Lids' one on one I knew our goose was cooked. We'll probably try and use Brett to help us land a big fish at seasons end. Think I'll get Dan Richardson to mention we've got lots of money to try and buy a player who'll play the Richmond way..whatever that is.'

'Next week we play Fremantle at the G who'll most likely pants us but get along anyway because we're giving away something from our sponsors in the hope you'll show up. Sportsbet are offering pretty juicy odds on us too.

Anyway hang tough or hang yourselves Tiger fans.'

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2014, 11:51:47 AM »
WE KNOW WHERE WE ARE AT AND WE KNOW WHERE WE WANA BE
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2014, 12:08:03 PM »
Would love him to just get on there and tell it like it is..

'Hi Tiger fans and welcome to this week's spin free edits..

'We started like a house on fire for the first time in this year against half decent opposition because Rex Hunt's jumper presentation actually fired us up for a change which was pleasing.'

'Look I wish I could get as much passion out of my side as Rex because after he went home, I gave my HT speech & we did the total opposite..'

'We've shown time and time again now that we're a team of front runners, who fall to pieces when the opposition get a run on.
Although we've practiced how to stop teams endlessly running over us like a freight train, the players are as dumb as a box of hammers and as weak as pee when it comes to applying it on game day.
They obviously stopped listening to me a while back which is disappointing.. actually screw that it's poohouse and ageing me by the minute. However we'll continue to work on it because I'm contracted for another two and a half seasons.'

'The facts are that nobody in our extremely well paid leadership group gives a whimper when the game is on the line and the rest of the list is crap and slow as treacle. When Tripod beat Lids' one on one I knew our goose was cooked. We'll probably try and use Brett to help us land a big fish at seasons end. Think I'll get Dan Richardson to mention we've got lots of money to try and buy a player who'll play the Richmond way..whatever that is.'

'Next week we play Fremantle at the G who'll most likely pants us but get along anyway because we're giving away something from our sponsors in the hope you'll show up. Sportsbet are offering pretty juicy odds on us too.

Anyway hang tough or hang yourselves Tiger fans.'

Excellent post
Love the sponsor give away
Elegance Tiles are giving away 2 square metres of bathroom tiles on Saturday for the 1000th member through the gate
The kids would be there in the droves

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2014, 12:54:02 PM »

Last year we had Shane Tuck who I enjoyed dropping many times before finally being able to get rid of him.  Now all we have is poo.  I was forced to play Miles but one player cannot make up for all the poo that I have brought into this club during my tenure.  Though I was scared that he might.  Luckily I have been able to keep Arnot in the reserves or he might have actually had a helping hand.  Hopefully Miles will have a bad game so I can drop him because I really want that number 1 draft pick now that everyone knows how poo I am as a coach.  I played all the available slow players on our list and extra talls to ensure that we had no run in the second half when predictably the opposition went man on man.  I so love our game plan, if it wasn't for the minor flaw of it being terrible when the smallest amount of defensive pressure is applied, I could be pooing on a nice big premiership cup.