Author Topic: Dimma's dissection (weekly video match review)  (Read 70040 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Dimma's dissection (weekly video match review)
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2014, 09:03:02 PM »
Why wasn't Miles in from r1  :banghead

Yeh look, we can admit when we get it wrong and that's where we're at, as a club....getting it wrong.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #181 on: July 02, 2014, 09:12:42 PM »
Dimma's Dissection is more Reinkaos than Storm of the Light's Bane or The Somberlain...hopefully the club will make like Nödtveidt and just pull the trigger....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #182 on: July 02, 2014, 09:26:42 PM »
these emails we get are nothingbut spam.  they are poo. the club should stop annoying the supporters with this crap.

I find it obscene. From one point of view here is the RFC apparently being transparent to its fanswith Dimma regurgitating the same sugar coated spiel over and over again. Yet on the other hand the club cannot admit they have got some/alot of things wrong and how to deal with it. :help
Garbage. :help

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2014, 09:38:55 PM »
BG did admit in a recent interview they had made some mistakes he didn't want to be drawn on specifics , thats being professional not failing to be transparent  ,
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2014, 10:12:44 PM »
BG did admit in a recent interview they had made some mistakes he didn't want to be drawn on specifics , thats being professional not failing to be transparent  ,

No it's not being honest with your greatest stakeholders because you don't want to embarrass yourself  :P
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2014, 11:11:15 AM »
l see all this as training for life after coaching. Poor professionals. AXE THIS RUBBISH & spend more time coaching & tactics

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #186 on: July 03, 2014, 02:11:54 PM »
I live by this
"He who pays, says"
Says is pronounced like pays tho so it rhymes
 Anyway, sack him.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #187 on: July 03, 2014, 10:04:16 PM »

No it's not being honest with your greatest stakeholders because you don't want to embarrass yourself  :P
C'mon , you can't be serious , the mistakes will be addressed when they can post season with sackings and appointments , not sure the members need be consulted throughout , what kind of arrogance is that. Ask not what the RFC can do for you, what can you do for the RFC  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #188 on: July 03, 2014, 10:24:30 PM »
C'mon , you can't be serious , the mistakes will be addressed when they can post season with sackings and appointments , not sure the members need be consulted throughout , what kind of arrogance is that. Ask not what the RFC can do for you, what can you do for the RFC  :shh

Very serious, all we've had this year is spin, spin and just to be sure more spin.

A shot of good old fashioned honesty wouldn't go astray

Did I mention anything about them "consulting" with members? No! so don't accuse me or anyone else of arrogance

And please don't insult my intelligence with cheap shots about what I can do for the club. I do plenty for the RFC, don't think I'm expecting to much to expect a little of bit of respect to be shown to members in return

You may think everything is swell but got a news flash for you; it isn't and it's about time they were held to account by its members
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: July 04, 2014, 12:25:19 AM »

And please don't insult my intelligence with cheap shots about what I can do for the club. I do plenty for the RFC, don't think I'm expecting to much to expect a little of bit of respect to be shown to members in return

I know Bojangles is being his usual twit self but how do you take that as an insult to your intelligence :huh

Rampstar

« Reply #190 on: July 04, 2014, 05:53:09 AM »
there peeing on the supporters but there telling us its raining ... theyre a dead set bunch of wankers

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #191 on: July 04, 2014, 12:52:36 PM »
Loyd criticism of Cotchin against Sydney:  "Sideways, Backwards, Chips"

Cotchin: "Criticising Lloyd"  "2nd highest metres gained"

Hardwick having a crack at Lloyd:  "poor criticism"  "meters gained he led"  "bizarre comment" "dont let the facts get in the way of a good story"

Lyon:  According to champion data, Cotchin was 13th, 8th out of the Richmond players for meters gained.  (This in a 30+ possession game).

A couple of things I took out of this.

1)  Both Cotchin and Hardwick have the same smug, arrogant, smartass attitude to the media.  Something they haven't earned or deserve.  They are so similar in their attitude that it is disgusting.  You know how Cotchin gained the captaincy.  (Coaches pet).
2)  Neither has any idea what the meters gained by Cotchin was against Sydney.  Big difference between first, second and 13th.
3)  The club, Hardwick or Cotchin are either extremely incompetent (how can your data be so wrong) or incredibly dishonest.  Trying to deflect by attacking anyone that legitimately criticizes them.  If their data is wrong, how much else are they assuming based on false data and weak foundations.  Draft picks, player selections, match day strategies?
4) They are either incredibly stupid or dishonest or they think fans and the media are beneath contempt and are extremely stupid.  No way you could watch the Sydney game and consider for a moment that Cotchin might lead or be 2nd in meters gained, when so few possessions went forward.  You couldn't rationally make that assessment.

There was also a good infographic on talking footy, where 4 out of the top 10 players for one, two handballs were Richmond players.  It does show that despite the high possession count of some of our players, the value of their output is inflated. We have a lot of players that share the ball around to no real effect.  Highlighting this is the absence of Ablett on that list, he gets plenty of the ball, but he doesn't muck around with it.

Multiple Possession Chains.

Harvey 59
Cotchin 51
Martin 51
Pendlebury 51
Gibson 46
Stanton 46
Houli 43
Macrae 41
Rockliff 40
Ellis 40

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: July 04, 2014, 01:45:04 PM »
A couple of things I took out of this.

1)  Both Cotchin and Hardwick have the same smug, arrogant, smartass attitude to the media.  Something they haven't earned or deserve.  They are so similar in their attitude that it is disgusting.  You know how Cotchin gained the captaincy.  (Coaches pet).
2)  Neither has any idea what the meters gained by Cotchin was against Sydney.  Big difference between first, second and 13th.
3)  The club, Hardwick or Cotchin are either extremely incompetent (how can your data be so wrong) or incredibly dishonest.  Trying to deflect by attacking anyone that legitimately criticizes them.  If their data is wrong, how much else are they assuming based on false data and weak foundations.  Draft picks, player selections, match day strategies?
4) They are either incredibly stupid or dishonest or they think fans and the media are beneath contempt and are extremely stupid.  No way you could watch the Sydney game and consider for a moment that Cotchin might lead or be 2nd in meters gained, when so few possessions went forward.  You couldn't rationally make that assessment.
5) Regardless of what he says Lloyd is still a flog

EFA

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #193 on: July 04, 2014, 02:55:46 PM »
At one point not long ago Cotchin was averaging most metres gained from stoppages in the AFL

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #194 on: July 04, 2014, 03:30:04 PM »
At one point not long ago Cotchin was averaging most metres gained from stoppages in the AFL

Matters little to the bitter Delazyo fangirls.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 04:14:11 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.