Author Topic: Dimma's dissection (weekly video match review)  (Read 70047 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dimma's dissection (weekly video match review)
« Reply #195 on: July 04, 2014, 07:22:21 PM »
whats wrong with one two handballs?
would we prefer players to handball to a team mate facing the wrong way and just stop, forcing them to make a U turn not knowing what is behind them?

Eff me.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #196 on: July 04, 2014, 08:36:57 PM »
Loyd criticism of Cotchin against Sydney:  "Sideways, Backwards, Chips"

Cotchin: "Criticising Lloyd"  "2nd highest metres gained"

Hardwick having a crack at Lloyd:  "poor criticism"  "meters gained he led"  "bizarre comment" "dont let the facts get in the way of a good story"

Lyon:  According to champion data, Cotchin was 13th, 8th out of the Richmond players for meters gained.  (This in a 30+ possession game).

A couple of things I took out of this.

1)  Both Cotchin and Hardwick have the same smug, arrogant, smartass attitude to the media.  Something they haven't earned or deserve.  They are so similar in their attitude that it is disgusting.  You know how Cotchin gained the captaincy.  (Coaches pet).
2)  Neither has any idea what the meters gained by Cotchin was against Sydney.  Big difference between first, second and 13th.
3)  The club, Hardwick or Cotchin are either extremely incompetent (how can your data be so wrong) or incredibly dishonest.  Trying to deflect by attacking anyone that legitimately criticizes them.  If their data is wrong, how much else are they assuming based on false data and weak foundations.  Draft picks, player selections, match day strategies?
4) They are either incredibly stupid or dishonest or they think fans and the media are beneath contempt and are extremely stupid.  No way you could watch the Sydney game and consider for a moment that Cotchin might lead or be 2nd in meters gained, when so few possessions went forward.  You couldn't rationally make that assessment.

There was also a good infographic on talking footy, where 4 out of the top 10 players for one, two handballs were Richmond players.  It does show that despite the high possession count of some of our players, the value of their output is inflated. We have a lot of players that share the ball around to no real effect.  Highlighting this is the absence of Ablett on that list, he gets plenty of the ball, but he doesn't muck around with it.

Multiple Possession Chains.

Harvey 59
Cotchin 51
Martin 51
Pendlebury 51
Gibson 46
Stanton 46
Houli 43
Macrae 41
Rockliff 40
Ellis 40
Cool your jets Ffs, who are you the prosecution  ::)...they were actually referring to stkilda game he lead meters gained with his 30 possessions not swans  :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #197 on: July 04, 2014, 11:39:42 PM »
would we prefer players to handball to a team mate facing the wrong way and just stop, forcing them to make a U turn not knowing what is behind them?

Eff me.

Thats like saying, whats wrong with kicking or hand balling the footy.

Nothing wrong with it except if your constantly going backwards and sideways.  Cotchin was looking for the 3rd hand ball against Sydney after running from the center of the ground to the wing with two sideways handballs.  Chaplin still in the middle ignored him, but it took his focus away from looking forward.  Tigers hand ball themselves into trouble and to pad stats, not to go forward.  Four out of ten is a pretty strong indictment on the game plan.

Cool your jets Ffs, who are you the prosecution  ::)...they were actually referring to stkilda game he lead meters gained with his 30 possessions not swans  :o

It was the St Kilda presser but Hardwick was clearly referring to the swans game.  The criticism was of the swans game.  Have another watch of the presser if you can handle listening to that supercilious tool.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #198 on: July 05, 2014, 10:11:44 AM »

Eff me.

Thats like saying, whats wrong with kicking or hand balling the footy.

Nothing wrong with it except if your constantly going backwards and sideways.  Cotchin was looking for the 3rd hand ball against Sydney after running from the center of the ground to the wing with two sideways handballs.  Chaplin still in the middle ignored him, but it took his focus away from looking forward.  Tigers hand ball themselves into trouble and to pad stats, not to go forward.  Four out of ten is a pretty strong indictment on the game plan.

4 out of 10 on its own shows nothing.
Look at the bloke that heads the list. Extending your logic it would seem that it means he is always going backwards or sideways, which he is not. He works hard to get to the contest and get anoher possession, as does cotchin most of the time.

I fully agree that we tend to go one handball too many and get back into trouble when we have used a chain of handballs to get out, but most of the time this is not 1-2 handballs.

Most 1-2 handballs are 1 to a stationary player, then 2 back to a moving player, so all that list does is how those who run on rather than stop after disposing. It shows nothing about the direction or effectiveness of them.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #199 on: July 08, 2014, 10:25:40 PM »
DIMMA'S DISSECTION: ROUND 16

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-09-01/dimmas-dissection-round-16

Dimma: ‘A good win, but we need to improve offensively’

The Tigers’ ability to dominate clearances and scores from stoppages went a long way to securing Richmond's 25-point win over Brisbane. However ‘Dimma’ says the Tigers still have some work to do to improve their ball use inside 50 and force more forward half turnovers.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #200 on: July 09, 2014, 10:22:51 AM »
However ‘Dimma’ says the Tigers still have some work to do to improve their ball use inside 50 and force more forward half turnovers.

That has been the issue for years.  Even last year, we won plenty of ball, plenty of I50s but have never been able to convert the dominance.  Its not the type of thing that will sort itself out in a week on the training track.  Needs to be the primary off season focus, from a structural and an execution perspective, in fact it should have been the focus last off season (rather than learning to play a possession game plan).

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #201 on: July 09, 2014, 07:15:43 PM »
We used to hold the ball in there better defensively as well.  Forward line has gone backwards in a big way.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #202 on: July 09, 2014, 08:39:18 PM »
We used to hold the ball in there better defensively as well.  Forward line has gone backwards in a big way.

We need  Nahas the long back

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2014, 12:45:58 PM »
DIMMA'S DISSECTION: ROUND 17

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-08-01/dimmas-dissection-round-17

Dimma: We dissect questions from the fans

This week, Dimma responds to questions from supporters on social media about the Tigers’ Round 17 win over Port Adelaide and analyses the edits that you wanted to see.

After this week’s match against West Coast, tweet your question using #DimmaDissects, and your question could be chosen by Dimma.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #204 on: July 30, 2014, 03:15:34 PM »
DIMMA'S DISSECTION: ROUND 18

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-07-30/dimmas-dissection-r18

Dimma: ‘You asked, and we answer questions from fans’

Once again Dimma responds to questions from supporters on social media about the Tigers’ scrappy Round 18 win over West Coast and analyses the edits that you wanted to see.

If you’d like to ask Dimma a question, tweet Richmond using the hashtag  #DimmaDissects

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #205 on: August 05, 2014, 09:24:23 PM »
DIMMA'S DISSECTION: ROUND 19

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-08-05/dimmas-dissection-r19

Dimma: Fans questions answered and we prepare for Essendon

The Tigers will do battle with Essendon for the Clash of the Sash this Friday night, but before they do, Dimma once again responds to questions from the fans after Richmond’s win over the Greater Western Sydney Giants on the weekend.

If you’d like to ask Dimma a question, tweet Richmond using the hashtag  #DimmaDissects

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #206 on: August 12, 2014, 09:38:37 PM »
DIMMA'S DISSECTION: ROUND 20

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-08-12/dimmas-dissection-round-20

Dimma’s Dissection: In-form Tigers, young talent and strength in clearances

Dimma once again responds to questions from the fans after Richmond’s win over Essendon last Friday night, as the team prepares for its trip east to take on the Adelaide Crows this Saturday night.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: August 13, 2014, 01:19:12 PM »
Anyone liking the new format with fan questions?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #208 on: August 13, 2014, 01:21:11 PM »

Sorry Stig, I'll confess I gave watching the Dissection about 10 weeks ago so I can't make a call on it.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #209 on: August 13, 2014, 01:44:08 PM »

I dont mind it, what happened to the email to members first though ?