Author Topic: Dimma's dissection (weekly video match review)  (Read 69964 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dimma's dissection (weekly video match review)
« Reply #240 on: September 02, 2014, 06:04:57 PM »
Already on the website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #241 on: September 02, 2014, 09:38:51 PM »
Here's the link: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-09-02/dimmas-dissection-round-23

Dimma: ‘Finals footy awaits the Tigers’

Dimma discusses Richmond’s contested ball improvement, and just how influential Alex Rance’s performance was in the final quarter of the weekend’s big win over the Swans.

If you’d like to ask Dimma a question, tweet Richmond using the hashtag  #DimmaDissects

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #242 on: April 08, 2015, 10:29:25 PM »
Dimma's first dissection for the new season (Round 1):

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-04-08/dimmas-dissection-r1

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #243 on: April 09, 2015, 02:42:39 AM »

Summary

* Tackling has improved and it's something we've working on over the summer. We still expect it to go up another level also. We judge ourselves on our tackling effectiveness rather than the total number of tackles. Against Carlton we went at 73%. On another point, the reason why we have our arms out as we go to tackle is to not only make ourselves look 'bigger' but to go for the opponents arms. Players these days are so good at getting their arms free in a body tackle that all sides now go for an arm. With the stricter interpretation of the holding the ball rule, we want to take advantage of it (by grabbing an arm) and get more free kicks.

* Centrebounce work was really disappointing. We were down 2-7 in the first quarter. We had a down day in the office but we went through them and a number of them were the result of our set-ups being alright but our technique being poor. There were also a couple of unlucky bounces that favoured Carlton. The most disappointing thing was we gave up 5 goals from centrebounces which is something you'd expect over a few weeks rather than all in one game. The heat was put on our midfield at quarter time - we started to rectify the result from then on but didn't get the result that we were after. Dimma expects that to be better this week.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #244 on: April 09, 2015, 02:50:30 AM »
Good sides been tackling the arms for 10 years, dimmer.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #245 on: April 09, 2015, 06:36:38 AM »
Good sides been tackling the arms for 10 years, dimmer.

What can we do about those lucky bounces?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #246 on: April 09, 2015, 04:49:11 PM »
oh look....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #247 on: April 09, 2015, 05:25:11 PM »
Like stuffing whoa how's about that tackling
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #248 on: April 09, 2015, 08:02:42 PM »

Summary

* Tackling has improved and it's something we've working on over the summer. We still expect it to go up another level also. We judge ourselves on our tackling effectiveness rather than the total number of tackles.

lol  barely 50 tackles a game just wont cut it.  boy they sure know how to sugar coat things. getting down and dirty is still a big problem. if steve morris is anything to go by they have a long way to go to work on effectiveness. lol the excuses just keep on coming.

last yr we  ave just 63 tackles a game we came 15th for ave tackles laid. finishing in front of just carlton, adelaide and melbourne. we ave 63.5 melb ave 63.4 thus going within a whisker of bottom 3and hardwick doesnt judge em on the number laid thats hilarious. just 51 tackles last week  already 12 below our shizen ave from last yr and its not a worry it seems. its head in the sand stuff.

please dimma stop the b/s we can handle the truth honestly. id rather you acknowledge it a problem rather than spin it in a nice way.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #249 on: April 09, 2015, 08:32:11 PM »
lol at the centre clearance comments. yep we lost badly in the 1st q, but continued to get beaten there, it became a trickle rather than a flood. gotta  love the spin.
im not a big fan of clearance stats anyway they arent the critical stat people make em out to be. but clean ball out of the middle puts any team under pressure. the stat that i dislike is we got beaten in the c/p count marginally granted but we still got beaten.

imo anyone who places any sort of faith in what these bozoes say in the media are looking for disappointment. the only place i see these sort of articles is basically on this site, every time i open up thread and read what they say i nearly always wish i hadnt wasted my time. they say what people want to hear and go out of their way to defend what they do or dont do well.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #250 on: April 10, 2015, 12:28:07 AM »
Tackling has improved and it's something we've working on over the summer. We still expect it to go up another level also. We judge ourselves on our tackling effectiveness rather than the total number of tackles.

lol  barely 50 tackles a game just wont cut it.  boy they sure know how to sugar coat things.

That wasn't even good spin. As you pointed out Claw we were below our average of last year and it may prove to just be a one off for the year but that is not a sign of improved tackling. If tackling had improved wouldn't it only be logical that our numbers would also go up? Or have they decided that they are such great tacklers now they don't have to attempt as many?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:17:23 PM by Yeahright »

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #251 on: April 10, 2015, 04:25:31 AM »
Possession counts for both sides were down about 15% on last year.  So I would hazard a guess that they may contribute to fewer tackles.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #252 on: April 10, 2015, 04:41:24 AM »
So when your kpi's are down in tackling, all they have to do is change the kpi from quantity to quality.

Then no one is technically accountable and they just hope that we keep winning.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #253 on: April 10, 2015, 08:17:57 AM »
So when your kpi's are down in tackling, all they have to do is change the kpi from quantity to quality.

Tackling stats are one that I always take with a grain of salt.  Who can tell me exactly what defines a tackle. There are many efforts per game that are great and put lots of pressure on the opposition yet dont get a tackle stat. I know this applies to all of players and teams but I find the stat one of the least useful in determining output.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #254 on: April 10, 2015, 10:13:57 AM »

Tackling stats are one that I always take with a grain of salt.  Who can tell me exactly what defines a tackle. There are many efforts per game that are great and put lots of pressure on the opposition yet dont get a tackle stat. I know this applies to all of players and teams but I find the stat one of the least useful in determining output.

they at least give an indicator of pressure.. even an attempted tackle shows theres been some sort of pressure applied to the ball carrier. with so few laying tackles no wonder we have to give blokes like morris a defensive role .

its been evident for yrss we dont tackle  we dont hunt players we dont go both ways and imo lack aggression and mongrel. for many byrs most on here have seen it and complained about the defensive side of our game.
i think we are entitled to feel a little amused when hardwick comes out with that crap.  its gone from no no we dont tackle we herd players to no no its not about the number but how well they lay the odd tackle.

the trouble is hes tried to put a spin on things when he should just have been honest and said we didnt lay enough tackles and are looking at it or just said nothing. we dont need the b/s well i dont anyway.

as stated already i try not to read a thing they say its constant spin.unfortunately to join some topics on here you are forced to read his comments only to regret you did almost straight away.