Author Topic: paul roos / micharl malthouse  (Read 3186 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: paul roos / micharl malthouse
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 02:16:59 PM »
Yeah. Not letting the other side score wouldnt work would it.

Too me the essendon back pocket looks at of his deapth. If hes going to keep his job neefs a eade, bailey type to look over him.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 02:24:38 PM »
Yeah. Not letting the other side score wouldnt work would it.

Too me the essendon back pocket looks at of his deapth. If hes going to keep his job neefs a eade, bailey type to look over him.

Bollocks. Bollocks. Bollocks.

He's doing fine. Without him and the people he has brought we'd be up skata creek.

Blaming the coach is so easy for some of you.

Considering not a day goes by without you posting a team sheet up of what our team should/will be

I just find your thought process on Dimma baffling and supeficial and others also who are like minded as its based on the type of loss we had yesterday not based on the overall picture.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 02:55:08 PM »
LOL we lost because they won the contested ball and we stopped running - and Hardwick tried alot of players through the middle and they didnt perform

In addition,somehow they need to manage Dusty's fadeouts - check the stats he hardly gets a possesion towards the ends of games!

Tigermonk

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 05:24:49 PM »
this is a rubbish thread

new facilities built this year so players need at least another year to build bigger bodies cause we were years behind other clubs. We are on track & let the process continue. Stop the rubbish talk cause Hardwick is far better than the previous coaches of the last decade. They are still fitting players into roles they have only started playing in this year. takes time to mold players into a winning side. We will still have our bad days just like all other AFL sides.

:gotigers

Ruanaidh

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 05:35:16 PM »
Jeebus, Roosey would be good.

No he wouldn't. If we had him, we'd be playing that unwatchable stacks on the mill rubbish that he perfected at Sydney.
You dont like Premierships :huh

What won Premierships in 2005 or 06 or whenever it was wouldn't necessarily work now. That poo was fashionable then, and accordingly Sydney and the WCE served up THE most BORING Grand Final I can remember. Hopefully the game has evolved beyond that now,(even though scumbags like Ross Lyon keep trying to drag us back to the dark ages again) and we can be treated to footy again and not rugby. When Richmond gets it right, they play the most attractive and exciting brand of footy you could ever wish to see. But even working  in the media where he belongs, Roos can't help himself, sniffily describing our great win against St. Kilda, an advertisment for the way the game should be played, as "not ideal".   
Your diatribe aside....you do understand don't you that defensively (full-ground) we have been lousy lately, resulting in defeat by 2 sides and a close win against a side that is younger than my grandson - and he is a toddler. Our attack has simultaneously been wasteful. Roosey's  Swans were extremely efficient:  forward,middle and back. My suggestion was at the outset facetious, but now you have me wondering.

Offline drewturner

• Tiger Rookie
  • Premiership 11
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 05:41:57 PM »
What a load of crap to even suggest to sack Hardwick. I love were we are heading and the style of play we are performing.Its fast and very exciting to watch and to see the way Freo play is just absolute boredom football and if I was one of there members I would tear up my membership.I still think we will make the eight and I never had expectation to make finals this yr.If the same happens next year than yes those comment can be just worthy.Yes it was disappointing to lose being in such a great position at quarter time but hey we didn't get the points but to see the potential our team can create like that first quarter over a really good team then we are going to be a powerhouse yet again. Go the tigers  :thumbsup

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »

No he wouldn't. If we had him, we'd be playing that unwatchable stacks on the mill rubbish that he perfected at Sydney.

What won Premierships in 2005 or 06 or whenever it was wouldn't necessarily work now. That poo was fashionable then, and accordingly Sydney and the WCE served up THE most BORING Grand Final I can remember. Hopefully the game has evolved beyond that now,(even though scumbags like Ross Lyon keep trying to drag us back to the dark ages again) and we can be treated to footy again and not rugby. When Richmond gets it right, they play the most attractive and exciting brand of footy you could ever wish to see. But even working  in the media where he belongs, Roos can't help himself, sniffily describing our great win against St. Kilda, an advertisment for the way the game should be played, as "not ideal".   
Your diatribe aside....you do understand don't you that defensively (full-ground) we have been lousy lately, resulting in defeat by 2 sides and a close win against a side that is younger than my grandson - and he is a toddler. Our attack has simultaneously been wasteful. Roosey's  Swans were extremely efficient:  forward,middle and back. My suggestion was at the outset facetious, but now you have me wondering.

So what are you saying, that to beat them we have to join them? If we did I would seriously turn my back on footy and just walk away.Honestly, 3 weeks have now lapsed since that garbage that Fremantle forced on us, and it still makes me furious. Teams shouldn't have to devise ways to combat that crap, that was supposed to be the AFL's job. But instead of  imposing a cap on the number of interchanges as they should have done, they came up with the dysfunctional sub rule instead, which Cam Mooney correctly opined would just lead to more flooding. Whoops!

Ruanaidh

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 05:50:15 PM »
What a load of crap to even suggest to sack Hardwick. I love were we are heading and the style of play we are performing.Its fast and very exciting to watch and to see the way Freo play is just absolute boredom football and if I was one of there members I would tear up my membership.I still think we will make the eight and I never had expectation to make finals this yr.If the same happens next year than yes those comment can be just worthy.Yes it was disappointing to lose being in such a great position at quarter time but hey we didn't get the points but to see the potential our team can create like that first quarter over a really good team then we are going to be a powerhouse yet again. Go the tigers  :thumbsup
This is fun.......sack, sack, sack Hardwick. There you go. :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 05:55:03 PM »
Dimma didn't have his best coaching/selection effort yesterday but to think of sacking a coach who has taken us from a rabble to being competitive against every side in the comp. is crazy talk. We are still a young and inexperienced group with plenty of natural development still left in most of them. Add to that we'll add more classier players at the end of the year come trade/draft/free agency time. Also Dimma in his third year is still developing as a senior coach as well.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ruanaidh

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 06:02:06 PM »

So what are you saying, that to beat them we have to join them? If we did I would seriously turn my back on footy and just walk away.Honestly, 3 weeks have now lapsed since that garbage that Fremantle forced on us, and it still makes me furious. Teams shouldn't have to devise ways to combat that crap, that was supposed to be the AFL's job. But instead of  imposing a cap on the number of interchanges as they should have done, they came up with the dysfunctional sub rule instead, which Cam Mooney correctly opined would just lead to more flooding. Whoops!
The boys get ahead of themselves and run too far forward of the ball. We need to tighten up when we haven't got the pill. Tight, defensive footy wins clutch and finals games. Don't take it from me. Listen to every successful AFL coach, they all subscribe to the same plan. We have gone away from Ross Smiths methodology and we are paying the price. I think the Collingwood model has it right and no I don't like the poo that Lyons sides dish out.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 06:08:27 PM »
That's where we miss Foley's pace affecting our spread offensively. Noone has stepped up.

Conversely defensively and at the stoppages we have not been as outstanding as we had been in the first 10 weeks. Our spread is slower and our tackling pressure in the clinches has not been as manic.
Foley's impact cannot be understated and his absence is being felt over games now as noone has stepped up to cover him or more pertinently we have had noone on our list to come and do this role. That's where we need to dip into the draft and use Blair Hartley's expertise to bring someone to the club to add some more players to our midfield depth that have pace.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 07:16:30 PM »
Stupid thread. 3 weeks ago we beat Hawks and Saints in consecutive weeks.

Stupidity.
Go Tigers!

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 08:28:18 AM »
The boys get ahead of themselves and run too far forward of the ball. We need to tighten up when we haven't got the pill. Tight, defensive footy wins clutch and finals games. Don't take it from me. Listen to every successful AFL coach, they all subscribe to the same plan. We have gone away from Ross Smiths methodology and we are paying the price. I think the Collingwood model has it right and no I don't like the poo that Lyons sides dish out.

I've never disputed the fact that sides need good defensive structures to win finals. Your original quote, whether facetious or not was that Roos would make a good Richmond coach, and I couldn't think of a more hellish prospect from a spectator's perspective. If you want to copy a good role model for success, look no further than Geelong who have won a string of flags playing the game as it should be played as their song states. Sure, they had a strong defensive element to their side, and physically monstered their opponents. But they never just locked the game down and turned it into a low-scoring, highlight-free scrap. Their Grand Final win over the dour, ugly Ross Lyon-led Saints was a moral victory for the desired state of the game as much as anything.

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:08:37 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2012, 02:23:03 AM »
Needs some help in the box

Maybe a bishop

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old