Author Topic: OER Challenge - Name a worse loss than this.  (Read 3478 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
OER Challenge - Name a worse loss than this.
« on: July 14, 2012, 08:25:12 PM »
Can't think of one.

In all the thrashings....

- 150 point drumming to Cats..
- 10 goal loss to Carlton in our Centenary Game..
- Thrashing against Carlton in our FTF game last year..

All seem insignificant to the debacle that we just witnessed..
Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: OER Challenge - Name a worse loss than this.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 08:26:45 PM »
Round 1 Blues/ Cuz does his hammy is very close

This takes the cake though
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 08:30:40 PM »
Can't think of one.

Was a 5 goal loss in our centenary game.

Worse loss was Carlton Round 1 2009.

The amount of good will the Club was spewing out as well as the coach and then us fans on the back of the end of 2008 whilst reservations on who beat still considering where we finished in 2007, alot of posters on here and yes lets not go back into those feel good post pre game in the lead up.

That loss emphasized the job that was required by the club and the magnitude of it and that was the report card that showed what Walla$$ had done in 4 years at the club that has killed us onfield more than any other coach since KB.

Whilst Spud made errors and yes he took us to finals which was token but Walla$$ came as a saviour and all he did was try to pump tyres up without a pump and in the end all he did was leave us in a worse position than what Spud did.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 08:32:34 PM »
 :huh

It's a bit like trying to distinguish Sandra Bullock movies from one another
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 08:40:58 PM »

Despite the pain and psychological realisation 2012 is officially dead our list whilst still needing an injection of depth and players to get rid of the spuds that have not yet been delisted from the Walla$$ era and the first round of Dimma's recruits we are in a much better position than what we were in round 1 2009. Tonight just emphasised we can't get ahead of ourselves and the rebuild needs a few more drafts to achieve the complete transformation of the list.

As I said whilst tonight hurts and the manner in which we lost is gut wrenching the loss in itself if the club is smart will show that the draft is still required and our success is still well and truly far away. We have a base and that's about it. We need to build the next level.

In comparison we are where Geelong were in 2002 in Bombers third year. Improving but still a long way off.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 08:54:18 PM »
How many after the siren losses have we had?

I can't remember too many.

A loss after the siren is heartbreaking, but when it is the bottom side and a K Hunt kicks the goal, it is IMO the worst loss I have ever seen.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:26:17 PM by WilliamPowell »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 08:58:28 PM »
How many after the siren losses have we had?

I can't remember too many.

A loss after the siren is heartbreaking, but when it is the bottom side and a Karmichael Hunt kicks the goal, it is IMO the worst loss I have ever seen.

I have to agree. Hell the thing is I would have wanted Karmichael Hunt to take the kick, under pressure like that I thought he was just going to crack and miss it. The GC's were just destined to win it

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 09:01:28 PM »
Funny how our last two after the siren matches have evoked the same sort of vitriol and we sit at 1-1 in the win loss category. :help

tony_montana

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 09:08:54 PM »
the one where we played melb in front of 77k in final round, essendon lost their game, we only needed to lose by 30 points or less to finish 8th but we folded and lost by abt 12-15 goals and finished 9th - farmer ripped us apart. That day scarred me and is the reason i bang on abt our culture being mentally weak.

since then iv never seen us win one of those key moment career defining games.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 10:27:54 PM »
the one where we played melb in front of 77k in final round, essendon lost their game, we only needed to lose by 30 points or less to finish 8th but we folded and lost by abt 12-15 goals and finished 9th - farmer ripped us apart. That day scarred me and is the reason i bang on abt our culture being mentally weak.

since then iv never seen us win one of those key moment career defining games.
best post I've read.  :thumbsup

I was at that game too T M and it was the first time that I ever left a game early I was that disgusted. It was difficult and I felt alittle guilty but I was so gutted and hurt I couldn't watch another second.

Since then left early many times.  It gets so much easier when disappointments are so common. 
I'll go to the game v carlscum and if it starts to look bad i'll be gone by quarter time, there's no way i'll watch those cheats smash us again.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 11:08:36 PM »
Can't think of one.

i try and erase them from the recesses of my mind... ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 05:09:59 AM »
The Crows loss!!!

The writing was on the wall losing to Freo and then just beating the Giants and the Dees, neither were convincing wins.

Shame really, it's not like we don't have the tallent, dare I say it we just don't have the mental strength, hopefully that will come next near. If it doesn't I am not sure when it will!! :-\
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 06:25:51 AM »
Wish I could hibernate until round 1 2013. :(
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 07:45:47 AM »
The Crows loss!!!

The writing was on the wall losing to Freo and then just beating the Giants and the Dees, neither were convincing wins.

Shame really, it's not like we don't have the tallent, dare I say it we just don't have the mental strength, hopefully that will come next near. If it doesn't I am not sure when it will!! :-\

Yes WA after the Freo loss you could Hear a select few on here blame the weather, blame God, blame our tired bodies but anyone can see the writing on the wall. Players weren't playing to instructions and usual suspects were showing their true colours.

After the close win against GWS, see above

We lost because we don't have the mental capacity to win the games we should and win well

LMAO at u lot blaming it  on the depth. We also lost last year too and GWS nearly beat our full strength.

Unless we change the culture of this football we will continue to be a joke

You can change the coach players all you like but the players are weak in the head and a losing culture is now in built

We have lost 5 games now under 2 goals because of what's between the ears not our depth

after the hawks win I was asked why aren't you stoked you will play finals. I said with this list and the and the culture of this club I only get excited if we make finals

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2012, 09:03:44 AM »
what a load of wank Danyell.  We have not capitulated to a team all year, we have fought out every match.  The difference is we have lost 7 or 8 blokes to injuries and suspensions and the ring ins have to gel with the seniors that are left.  You and the other chronic whingers would be euthenased in the trenches with your woe is me bs.
Lots of people name their swords......