Author Topic: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]  (Read 435712 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]
« Reply #1335 on: March 17, 2022, 06:22:17 PM »
Back under 100 pts into the last quarter.

Noah Cumberland makes something out of nothing, snapping our fifth goal.

Sydney Stack soars inside 50, clutching a strong contested mark and slotting his second goal of the game.

RICH  6.6-42
CARL 22.7-139

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1336 on: March 17, 2022, 06:23:50 PM »
Noah Cumberland launches from a pack in the goal square, dragging down a strong contested mark and kicked his second goal of the quarter.

RICH  7.6-48
CARL 22.7-139

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1337 on: March 17, 2022, 06:28:46 PM »
Depth not as good as I thought.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1338 on: March 17, 2022, 06:36:20 PM »
Judson Clarke shows why he's rated so highly internally at Tigerland, getting in behind his opponent, scorching a path to goal and snapping his first in the Yellow & Black.

Now Mykelti Lefau strolls into the open goal from the restart.

RICH  9.8-62
CARL 22.7-139

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1339 on: March 17, 2022, 06:44:01 PM »
Final Score

We finish with a five-goal-to-one last quarter and reduce our the final deficit to 77 points.

@CarltonReserves were electric for the majority of the night.

Now on to Round 1

RICH   0.3      2.4     4.5       9.8 (62)
CARL   9.2    15.2    21.6     22.7 (139)

Goals: Cumberland 2, Stack 2, Clarke, M.Rioli jnr, Miller, Hicks, Lefau.

https://twitter.com/RichmondVFL

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1340 on: March 17, 2022, 07:17:19 PM »
Geez Geez - that's like the early days for GWS.  Smacked off the park each week.

We had 14 AFL listed players on the park.  Not time to hit the panic button but FMD it would want to improve alot next week

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1341 on: March 17, 2022, 09:58:31 PM »
Geez Geez - that's like the early days for GWS.  Smacked off the park each week.

We had 14 AFL listed players on the park.  Not time to hit the panic button but FMD it would want to improve alot next week
I’d panic.

Collier-Dawkins is a bust as I expected.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1342 on: March 17, 2022, 10:01:44 PM »

I’d panic.

They should play him in the forward line
Looks good there

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1343 on: March 18, 2022, 01:48:27 AM »

I’d panic.

Based on a practice match that you haven't seen..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1344 on: March 18, 2022, 11:38:22 AM »
I’d panic.

Or how you seem to desperately want him to be?

No offence intended but even when he played well last year in the seniors you criticised him. I'd even suggest (perhaps unfairly) that you've been critical of him since he was drafted

It seems like you want him to fail. Not sure why.

He will be a very good player I have no doubt. He should be playing seniors ahead of the likes of Aarts.

Perhaps it's all about seeing what we want to see. Sometimes you need to take the blinkers off preconceived views and start a fresh. Personally, I didn't rate Baker and I now know I was wrong, so very wrong. Took the blinkers off and started to see what others saw and were telling me

Try it
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 02:50:52 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1345 on: March 18, 2022, 12:38:46 PM »
It's clear the "next Fyfe/Cripps" expectations when he was drafted were wildly exaggerated (guilty as charged) but reckon if we want a more realistic comparison look no further than the the other big bodied Carlton mid who killed us last night -Kennedy- another first round kid who came into the AFL with big wraps & expectations was written off as a bust or dismissed as a plodder early but looks to be finally coming good...tipping RCD will track similarly...just needs to be given an extended run in the seniors.....also agree he should spend more time forward...particularly while Jack's out... :shh

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1346 on: March 18, 2022, 01:10:23 PM »
It's clear the "next Fyfe/Cripps" expectations when he was drafted were wildly exaggerated (guilty as charged) but reckon if we want a more realistic comparison look no further than the the other big bodied Carlton mid who killed us last night -Kennedy- another first round kid who came into the AFL with big wraps & expectations was written off as a bust or dismissed as a plodder early but looks to be finally coming good...tipping RCD will track similarly...just needs to be given an extended run in the seniors.....also agree he should spend more time forward...particularly while Jack's out... :shh

Good comparison

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1347 on: March 18, 2022, 02:50:28 PM »

:clapping

Great post Dio, spot on I reckon
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1348 on: March 18, 2022, 04:05:58 PM »
Richmond VFL shows late fight, but succumbs to Carlton

By Brenton Mann
Richmond Media
18 March 2022

Richmond VFL hosted Carlton in its final hit-out of the pre-season on Thursday afternoon at the Swinburne Centre, going down by 77 points.

Carlton burst out of the blocks with a nine-goal first quarter avalanche.

The Blues were near perfect, efficient and potent in front of goal, the final score reading 22.7 (139) to 9.8 (62).

The victors kicked 21 goals in the first three quarters, a large portion of them coming from beyond the arc.

Richmond was pricked into action by senior coach, Steve Morris at three-quarter time. They then kicked the last five goals of the game, ignited by talisman, Sydney Stack and Noah Cumberland up forward, both showcasing their aerial skills.

Stack was the first to soar above the pack inside-50, juggling a strong contested mark and converting his set-shot from a smidge inside the paint.

Cumberland then parked himself under a high ball inside the goal square, launching vertically at the ball and clutching another strong contested mark.

The burly forward is a definite barometer for Richmond, slotting two powerful goals in the final term, whilst Stack kicked two goals after half-time.

Maurice Rioli Jnr tried his hardest to lift his side, applying his trademark defensive pressure and sticking a handful of tackles in the front half.

He was sturdy over the ball, keeping his feet and driving through contests to propel the Tigers into rare attacking territory.

The zestful small forward pinballed in and out of congestion, flicking Blues and dishing off the ball and putting his teammates in better positions.

Rhyan Mansell worked his tail off all day, willing himself from contest to contest.

Mansell, Bigoa Nyuon and newly appointed skipper, Lachlan Street, provided the sturdiness behind the ball that allowed Richmond to capitalise on the scoreboard.

Thomson Dow’s evasion in traffic caught the eye, as he tried to turn the tide back in Richmond’s favour.

The Blues led by 53 points at the first change, holding the Tigers goalless for the quarter.

Carlton kicked the opening goal of the second term before Angus Hicks and Rioli Jnr sparked a mini-surge by the Tigers.

Slick half-forward, Judson Clarke had a direct hand in the opening goal for Richmond, using his electric pace and keen eye to put Hicks on a path to goal for their side’s opener.

Clarke would again show his skills in the last quarter, as he got in behind his defender, flicked into high gear and snapped truly for his debut goal in the Yellow and Black.

Hicks and Rioli Jnr teamed shortly after, with the former cutting off a Blues’ kick out, slapping the ball into the path of Rioli Jnr, who skidded through the Tigers’ second goal.

The goals dried up for Richmond for the rest of the second quarter, as the Blues added five more to their account, making it 15 for the half.

It was more of the same in the third term, as Carlton attacked at will, leading to a flurry of goals.

Ben Miller was deployed as a permanent forward, and fought tirelessly throughout, competing against two, three and four opponents at times.

Miller was rewarded with a goal in the third quarter, after showing great connection with Will Martyn, marking on the lead inside 50 and converting his set-shot.

Stack's hard work was then recompensed with a goal from an acute angle.

The Tigers were revitalised in the last quarter, getting the game played on their terms for most of the quarter and showing greater vigour and verve inside 50.

RICH 0.3 2.4 4.5 9.8 (62)

CARL 9.2 15.2 21.6 22.7 (139)

Goal Kickers:

Rich: Stack (2), Cumberland (2), Hicks, Rioli, Miller, Clarke, Lefa

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1080101/richmond-vfl-shows-late-fight-but-succumbs-to-carlton

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1349 on: March 18, 2022, 04:24:48 PM »
The VFL fixture for rounds 1 to 8 has been released.

* Rounds 1, 3 & 5 at Punt Rd are curtain raisers to our AFL games at the MCG.

* Round 2 vs Sandy at Beach Road is also prior to our AFL game at Marvel. Have about an hour to travel b/w the two venues.

* Round 7 vs Port Melb. clashes with our AFL Collingwood game.

Richmond VFL's Round 1-8 fixture:

Round 1      Richmond vs. Southport Sharks     Sunday, March 27        SC          11.35am       

Round 2       Sandringham vs. Richmond           Sunday, April 3         TBBO        12.00pm

Round 3         Richmond vs. Footscray             Saturday, April 9          SC            2.05pm     

Round 4          Carlton vs. Richmond                Sunday, April 17        IKON        11.05am

Round 5      Richmond vs. Casey Demons         Sunday, April 24          SC           2.10pm       

Round 6      ----------------- BYE -----------------------

Round 7       Port Melbourne vs. Richmond        Saturday, May 7         ETU         12.35pm

Round 8       Box Hill Hawks vs. Richmond        Sunday, May 15         BHCO         2.05pm

SC - Swinburne Centre, Punt Rd.
TBBO - Trevor Barker Beach Oval, Sandringham.
IKON - IKON Park (Princes Park).
ETU - ETU Stadium (North Port Oval), Port Melbourne.
BHCO - Box Hill Community Oval.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1080162/vfl-fixture-confirmed-for-rounds-2-8