Author Topic: Richmond vs Brisbane - Round 19  (Read 13733 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Richmond vs Brisbane - Round 19
« Reply #165 on: August 05, 2012, 03:40:33 PM »
Exactly Flagman sometimes I feel we are too harsh on Rance given the stocks we have in our backline atm. KId has been punching above his weight for a while.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #166 on: August 05, 2012, 04:19:18 PM »
We definitely need another power forward, not sure why but a few times last night we went to King who was double teamed.... :huh

Part of the problem was McGuane would lead to the same area as Jack or would lead up but then not double back quickly enough.

Was a solid win, nothing grand but was good to see them not fall in a heap when challenged in the final qtr.

It was pretty clear which players were given rockets during the week regarding their attack (or recent lack of attack) on the footy and the contest   ;D

Conca's game - still made some bad kicking errors but the decision making side of things was a lot better.

Houli & Grigg's attack on the footy - see above comment  ;D

Rance out of his weight division again but struth he keeps on fighting

Big Ivan - sensational. Ditto Lids

Helbig - beefed up across the shoulders good to see

White - played his role very well

Dislikes:

Newman - seriously what to do? Seems to be really struggling with the pace of the game. Knows what he wants to do but geez he just looks so slow

Gut running- much improved this week but we really do seem to leave it too few, too often IMO

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

the claw

« Reply #167 on: August 05, 2012, 04:53:09 PM »
Wow, what a masterstroke by Crazy Vossy. Start Black as the sub?!?  :huh

He carves us to pieces every time we play the Lions.
just maybe vossy is trying some kids and has put development in front all else after all finals is out of the question for  them.

again we are very very reliant on our top end the bottom end was deplorable again.
alex rance is gioing backwards at a rate of knots. king nahas yes he kicked 4 goals white jackson  mcguane are so far of the pace its not funny. houli continues to shirk and panic under pressure and newman was very quite again.

the side is screaming out for a power forward ,quality small forward ,big defender,  mid field depth and a competetive second ruck forward what would happen with no maric i shudder to think..

a 48 point win does not paper over these facts. long long way to go.

Nothing wrong with Nahas, Rance and Houli you drama queen. That was Houlis best game for the season and have noticed his intensity is rising. Rance has had a great year overall, yeah has had 4-5 average to poor games, but at 21 that will happen occassionally??  ::)  Nahas? lol everytime he kicks a bag you chime in with "yeah but hes still a limited hack"
some people look but just dont see. houli will never ever win you a game of footy the fear of contact continues with him. he skis down hill with the best of them its when he has to go uphill he struggles. hes barely a passable footballer.

lol nahas once again totally unsighted but pops up with 3 or was it 4 goals that were mainly gimmes. the lack of polish one sidedness  and non involvement for huge chunks of games continues.

rance quite simply has been over rated by just about every man and his dog. decision making lousy positioning and inept attempts in the air have been a regular feature all yr. not to mention the regular falling over. we are chasing a kpd for a reason bud.

you rate them how you like me i will just continue to be honest and do the same.i suggest you take the blinkers off and actually look.

If you dont play Rance at FB who would you play back there Claw? Second if you could swap him for another 21 yo full back at any other club in the country who would that be?
there is no other option but play rance at fb. that is the problem,  this  comes back to craig cameron and list management who has had 5 yrs to cover this position. grimes has all the right traits to play as a fb but hes going to be asked to play way out of his weight division if we throw him back there.

we wont get a 21 yr old kpp from another club the option is to target an older one and actually draft some kids who have all the right attributes to play fb. rance can then move up the ground to chb where his attributes are put to better use.
chaplin if we get him is a stepin the right direction tom lee would be another option a promising big kid in the nd is another. if possible id do all three.

chaplin lee, rance, grimes, griffiths , nd pick post and maybe someone like darrou the rookie gives us something to work with and develop. it also gives us a little bit of depth in the area.

thing is what area do you target we need to do something similar up forward we need to find a young ruckman and we need more mids theres lots of areas need a lot of work.

tony_montana

« Reply #168 on: August 05, 2012, 07:07:22 PM »
Wow, what a masterstroke by Crazy Vossy. Start Black as the sub?!?  :huh

He carves us to pieces every time we play the Lions.
just maybe vossy is trying some kids and has put development in front all else after all finals is out of the question for  them.

again we are very very reliant on our top end the bottom end was deplorable again.
alex rance is gioing backwards at a rate of knots. king nahas yes he kicked 4 goals white jackson  mcguane are so far of the pace its not funny. houli continues to shirk and panic under pressure and newman was very quite again.

the side is screaming out for a power forward ,quality small forward ,big defender,  mid field depth and a competetive second ruck forward what would happen with no maric i shudder to think..

a 48 point win does not paper over these facts. long long way to go.

Nothing wrong with Nahas, Rance and Houli you drama queen. That was Houlis best game for the season and have noticed his intensity is rising. Rance has had a great year overall, yeah has had 4-5 average to poor games, but at 21 that will happen occassionally??  ::)  Nahas? lol everytime he kicks a bag you chime in with "yeah but hes still a limited hack"
some people look but just dont see. houli will never ever win you a game of footy the fear of contact continues with him. he skis down hill with the best of them its when he has to go uphill he struggles. hes barely a passable footballer.

lol nahas once again totally unsighted but pops up with 3 or was it 4 goals that were mainly gimmes. the lack of polish one sidedness  and non involvement for huge chunks of games continues.

rance quite simply has been over rated by just about every man and his dog. decision making lousy positioning and inept attempts in the air have been a regular feature all yr. not to mention the regular falling over. we are chasing a kpd for a reason bud.

you rate them how you like me i will just continue to be honest and do the same.i suggest you take the blinkers off and actually look.

lol yeah  lol 

take the blinkers off, do you hear yourself? speaking like the messiah telling us we are massively over rating a 21 yo KPD  :lol
 As for nahas, you keep calling him a spud chief, hes no Rioli or Milne but results speak for themselves, he's a proven performer in the toughest position on the ground. Houli, jury is out but I'll back him in until we find better. His best is good enough, up to him if he finds a consistent level of intensity.

This is real life, not championship manager on PC. You will never, i repeat never have 22 + 12 perfect robots, Even Geelong one of the greatest sides we've seen has some players that would be very very ordinary in our lineup.

For someone who talks themselves up, you certainly are very naive when it comes to this.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2012, 02:52:01 PM »
Well I for one enjoyed the game although that 4 goal spurt by Brisbane in the last quarter was a bit of a worry.  I thought Rance did a good job but like someone said, he's missing Grimes helping him out.  We were near the interchange bench and at one stage in the last quarter, Richmond were trying their hardest but kept fumbling in front of goal.  Dustin Martin was on the sidelines and literally was pulling his hair out (as we all were).

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2012, 03:37:36 PM »
Nahas has kicked 30 goals this year.  73 tackles.  Can't really complain about that for a small forward.  He does his job.  Rance.  You can question his skills and decision making.  But then you need to acknowledge that he doesn't get much support.  The decisions therefore are much more difficult and the skill required to execute them up another notch again.  He still manages to beat his opponent most weeks.  Thats good enough for a full back.  Mcguane kicked his goals when our forward line wasn't firing.  Set the win up.  Lets not forget how many handballs he made that resulted in goals.  For a big guy, he is very good at ground level, competes well in the air and has 22 tackles already this season.  Regardless of where your list is at, if you have 22 players tackling and competing like these players do, you will win more games than you lose. 

Grigg was heading towards the "elite category" earlier in the season.  Kicking superb goals, elite running, elite skills.  Did Hardwick swap Grigg and Ellis around, give Grigg a tagging or defensive role?  Is it just coincidence that when Ellis started to get more of the footy, Grigg stopped finding the footy?  Ellis played a defensive game on the weekend and Grigg was back to his earlier form.  Our ball movement was much better as a result.  A coach can kill a club with these kind of decisions.  Houli is good without being great most weeks.  I can't see an issue with that.

The highlight of the night of course was Michael Voss.  He is one of the few coaches that Hardwick can beat on match day.  Did he tank?  Black as a Sub.  Makes you wonder.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2012, 08:28:37 PM »
Grigg was heading towards the "elite category" earlier in the season.  Kicking superb goals, elite running, elite skills.  Did Hardwick swap Grigg and Ellis around, give Grigg a tagging or defensive role?  Is it just coincidence that when Ellis started to get more of the footy, Grigg stopped finding the footy?  Ellis played a defensive game on the weekend and Grigg was back to his earlier form.  Our ball movement was much better as a result.  A coach can kill a club with these kind of decisions.  Houli is good without being great most weeks.  I can't see an issue with that.

WTF Grigg heading towards elite, the only thing he does elite is hanging by himself and being unaccountable

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #172 on: August 06, 2012, 08:53:55 PM »
Can't work out when you're being serious Chuck. Do you rate Grigg or not?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: August 06, 2012, 08:54:52 PM »
Can't work out when you're being serious Chuck. Do you rate Grigg or not?

Definitely not, downhill skier.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2012, 12:38:42 PM »
Cotch got 3 coaches votes.

He still leads but only by 1 to Watson.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Tigermonk

« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2012, 12:58:45 PM »
all l can say is they finally won a game for the supporters  :clapping

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2012, 01:01:12 PM »
Grigg.  3rd in disposals. 2nd in marks, 14 goals.  77% disposal efficiency.

30 possessions and 2 goals in the loss to Essendon earlier in the year.  Is that a downhill skier?  Our best ball users are Deledio, Cotchin, Martin, Houli and Grigg.  It drops away a fair bit after that.

------
Of Grigg’s 27.8 disposals per game this season, however, he runs at 79 per cent efficiency, a higher rating than his much publicised teammates Deledio (75 per cent), Martin (67) and Cotchin (65).

He also averages three clearances per game and manages to hit the scoreboard when he runs out onto the field, kicking on goal per match. His numbers so far prove that he is one of the unsung heroes of the Tigers line up, that the Hawks will need to be aware of on Saturday afternoon.
-----

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2012, 03:08:43 PM »
Coaches' votes (Hardwick and Voss)

Brisbane Lions v Richmond
10 Brett Deledio (Rich)
6 Shaun Grigg (Rich)
5 Ivan Maric (Rich)
3 Jonathon Brown (Bris)
3 Reece Conca (Rich)
3 Trent Cotchin (Rich)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/143800/default.aspx

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: August 07, 2012, 06:15:40 PM »
Coaches' votes (Hardwick and Voss)

Brisbane Lions v Richmond
10 Brett Deledio (Rich)
6 Shaun Grigg (Rich)
5 Ivan Maric (Rich)
3 Jonathon Brown (Bris)
3 Reece Conca (Rich)
3 Trent Cotchin (Rich)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/143800/default.aspx

Chuckles is the reason Grigg didn't get the choccys on sat nite
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: August 07, 2012, 06:30:31 PM »
Grigg.  3rd in disposals. 2nd in marks, 14 goals.  77% disposal efficiency.

30 possessions and 2 goals in the loss to Essendon earlier in the year.  Is that a downhill skier?  Our best ball users are Deledio, Cotchin, Martin, Houli and Grigg.  It drops away a fair bit after that.

------
Of Grigg’s 27.8 disposals per game this season, however, he runs at 79 per cent efficiency, a higher rating than his much publicised teammates Deledio (75 per cent), Martin (67) and Cotchin (65).

He also averages three clearances per game and manages to hit the scoreboard when he runs out onto the field, kicking on goal per match. His numbers so far prove that he is one of the unsung heroes of the Tigers line up, that the Hawks will need to be aware of on Saturday afternoon.
-----

How is his tackle count compared to the other mids.  His disposal is only good because he is out on his own most of the time, he is not a good kick. 

How can you compare his disposal to our other mids who actually win contested ball, you are doing them a major dis-service putting Grigg in their category.

No 1 in unaccountability and runs off the efforts of our other mids such as Cotch, Foley and Dusty.

Average player for mind that we can do a lot better on, IMO Grigg and Houli are just fill ins until we develop our own.