Author Topic: Coburg vs Box Hill - Sat. August 4 --- LIVE on ABC1 TV  (Read 10121 times)

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Coburg vs Box Hill - Sat. August 4 --- LIVE on ABC1 TV
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2012, 09:36:48 PM »
While they kept showing the despair of coach Adam Potter, I kept thinking about who Cameron is going to get to coach our VFL team.
The idea that Cameron will put together an administration and coaching panel for a VFL team just fills me with horror.

Everybody wants a VFL team and doesn't even give a thought to the club's ability to actually make it function.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2012, 09:42:27 PM »
While they kept showing the despair of coach Adam Potter, I kept thinking about who Cameron is going to get to coach our VFL team.
The idea that Cameron will put together an administration and coaching panel for a VFL team just fills me with horror.

Everybody wants a VFL team and doesn't even give a thought to the club's ability to actually make it function.

Settle down ya peanut, i think the club has done well assembling our off field over te last 18 months, no doubt we can do same at vfl level
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2012, 10:51:42 AM »
Is Astbury just getting over his injury blues or something as I havent been impressed with him at the coburg at all.

Gigantor

« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2012, 11:45:25 AM »
watching astbury the past few weeks ,the thing i notice is his lack of intensity.Seems quite content to sit back rather than to get involved.He needs to start announcing himself more.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2012, 02:43:45 PM »
Where's Biscuit at?

the claw

« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »
see mitch hallahan in box hill bests. not getting a game at hawthorn liked him as a junior wonder if he would be worth targeting.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2012, 04:28:01 PM »
Where's Biscuit at?

Injured hamstring strain
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2012, 04:32:18 PM »

Settle down ya peanut, i think the club has done well assembling our off field over te last 18 months, no doubt we can do same at vfl level

Stop abusing people who don't get on their knees for everything Richmond. I have had enough of it and you've been reported you bad man.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2012, 04:34:00 PM »
Where's Biscuit at?

Injured hamstring strain

ah yep, thats right. Cheers WP. I'm eager to see what this kid can offer us.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2012, 09:38:28 PM »
watching astbury the past few weeks ,the thing i notice is his lack of intensity.Seems quite content to sit back rather than to get involved.He needs to start announcing himself more.
Is Astbury just getting over his injury blues or something as I havent been impressed with him at the coburg at all.
Not saying Astbury will or won't make it eventually but this year is a write off for him. Playing now is just about building confidence in his body after missing practically 18 month or so of footy. He wouldn't missed last preseason so his fitness base will be below what it needs to be. IMO we should judge him on what he does next year after a full preseason.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2012, 09:49:56 PM »
Not saying Astbury will or won't make it eventually but this year is a write off for him. Playing now is just about building confidence in his body after missing practically 18 month or so of footy. He wouldn't missed last preseason so his fitness base will be below what it needs to be. IMO we should judge him on what he does next year after a full preseason.

Good post.

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2012, 11:41:00 PM »
David Astbury should contact Dicky Tambling
Life after the rfc
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2012, 02:15:24 AM »
Better a poor vfl than none

Can't be worse than coburg

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2012, 12:47:54 PM »

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2012, 12:58:03 PM »
 :lol

Geez highlights can make some players look good.

Derickx looks like a pack marking machine with a tank like Richo. A. Maric looks like the next Trent Cotchin, Browne and Gus make it look like we're spoiled for ruck options with their tap work, marking power and goal kicking abilities.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do