Author Topic: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]  (Read 192997 times)

No More

Re: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]
« Reply #255 on: April 05, 2015, 06:34:11 PM »
Maybe Newman needs to take a few lessons from young Kamdyn and lift his own work rate.
Needs a motorized wheelchair.

coming from a highly esteemed member of the medical profession I find this to be a bit disappointing. Im sure all the old people on motorized scooters wont be impressed. ;D

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #256 on: April 06, 2015, 08:19:38 PM »
Got the Rising Star nomination, awesome The Tosh...... :clapping :clapping :bow
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #257 on: April 06, 2015, 08:33:52 PM »
Very well deserved.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

No More

« Reply #258 on: April 06, 2015, 09:00:05 PM »
2 year contract for the kid  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #259 on: April 07, 2015, 03:32:04 AM »
Tiger's dream debut rewarded with Rising Star nod

Travis King 
afl.com.au
April 6, 2015 7:58 PM

KAMDYN McIntosh's memorable debut has reached fairytale proportions, with the Richmond midfielder named the round one NAB AFL Rising Star nominee.

On the eve of his 21st birthday, McIntosh celebrated his first senior game by playing an instrumental role in the Tigers' 27-point win over arch-rival Carlton in the season-opener at the MCG on Thursday night.

The West Australian, who had to wait until his third season at Punt Road to make his debut, gathered 23 touches – eight contested – took nine marks and booted a crucial goal to ignite his teammates' surge to victory.

With the Blues in control and on top by 21 points midway through the second term, McIntosh burnt off his idol Chris Judd, roved a marking contest and split the big sticks from 40m.

It was the turning point for the Tigers, who piled on seven unanswered goals to set up the round one triumph in front of 83,493 fans.

"I'm pretty rattled that I played as good as I did," McIntosh said post-match.

"I've always dreamt of something like this and to play in front of a crowd like that. I was pretty nervous at the start.

"Growing up I barracked for Carlton. To play on Juddy – I idolised him as a kid growing up when he was at West Coast and then when he changed to Carlton – so to line-up on Juddy was a pretty big thrill."

Making the occasion even more special was that McIntosh's family – including three-month old nephew, Kobi, who he had never met - travelled to watch the match.

"I ended up getting nine tickets, but I still had four siblings who didn't come over," said the Pinjarra product, who received the Rising Star news while at dinner with his relatives on Monday night.

"I've got six sisters and two brothers. Then I got my parents to come over too. It was good fun."

McIntosh, who was the 31st pick in the 2012 draft, said his debut felt like a long time coming after shoulder surgery derailed the latter part of his 2013 season.

He then had his appendix removed and battled a foot stress fracture last year.

"My first year didn't go the way I wanted it to … pretty much my whole second year I didn't play a whole lot of footy," he said.

"But then I had a full pre-season this year, up and going, (with) no injuries so I feel like I was pretty ready for it."

The 192cm winger, who played soccer until he was 15, is Richmond's seventh Rising Star nominee since coach Damien Hardwick took the reins in 2010.

He follows in the footsteps of Dustin Martin, Reece Conca, Jake Batchelor, Dylan Grimes, Brandon Ellis and Nick Vlastuin.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-06/tigers-dream-debut-continues

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2015, 10:06:07 PM »
McIntosh's press conference today:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2015-04-07/mcintosh-press-conference-april-7th

* It’s just one game, so definitely next week I’m going to need to show up and perform how I did on the weekend. But if I put a few more games like that together, I think I can hold my spot in the team. It’s just a matter of going through each week and performing at that AFL standard; not dropping off and staying there as much as I can.

* It was my first full pre-season I’ve done this year.  I felt a lot of confidence this year going into the NAB Cup. I think that was a terrific lead-up against Carlton.  It was just good to get that first game and hopefully go forward from there.

* The publicity is expected because you’ve got all your friends back home seeing you in the paper and that sort of thing, saying congratulations and things like that, so there is a little bit. But to me, I’m still going to go through each week. This has been my first highlighted season so far, so it’s all still new to me to be highlighted in games. It’s only a once-off game, so far on Thursday, so I hope to see myself there in the near future and to be consistent, but time will tell.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-04-07/mcintosh-staying-grounded

Offline Tigers of Old

• Premiership Captain
  • @Tigers_of_Old
« Reply #261 on: April 08, 2015, 12:11:15 AM »
Early days but he has so many skillsets we lack in.
Pace being the most obvious one. If he kicks on from here well... :pray

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #262 on: April 08, 2015, 06:31:53 PM »
I'm gonna put it out there.....is it not possible for him to bring home Chas?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #263 on: April 08, 2015, 07:55:21 PM »
Not if his game on Thursday doesn't even get him into the AFL Team of the Week.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #264 on: April 08, 2015, 08:52:15 PM »
I'm gonna put it out there.....is it not possible for him to bring home Chas?
Depends how good looking Chas is and how his parents feel about it! ;)
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #265 on: April 08, 2015, 10:19:25 PM »
Not if his game on Thursday doesn't even get him into the AFL Team of the Week.

I think that guy who named the team is a melbourne supporter
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: April 11, 2015, 11:54:35 PM »
i think you mean physical attributes. pace size motor are physical. kicking marking smarts etc are skills. hes well rounded and he should be a decent player. seems he had another good one today.

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #267 on: April 12, 2015, 01:01:00 PM »
i think you mean physical attributes. pace size motor are physical. kicking marking smarts etc are skills. hes well rounded and he should be a decent player. seems he had another good one today.

why didnt he play last year ...

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #268 on: April 12, 2015, 06:23:11 PM »

why didnt he play last year ...
struggled with injuries and continuity.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #269 on: April 19, 2015, 12:32:38 PM »
This lad is what the Tigers have needed for years & he has worked hard & stepped up to the next level. He has a excellent penetrating kicking style which is accurate so that the players can run into the area & mark the ball under pressure. Since Tuck & Kingy have gone l will back this guy for big things to come.  :thumbsup good game last night again. Rising Star of the year award  :thumbsup

:gotigers