Author Topic: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]  (Read 193026 times)

No More

Re: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]
« Reply #315 on: August 30, 2015, 12:47:54 PM »
started the year really well, thought he had a lull in the middle but the last few weeks he is getting right into it again. he has had a really good season IMHO. A 200 game player for us.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #316 on: August 30, 2015, 02:04:03 PM »
Noice.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #317 on: December 04, 2015, 10:29:50 AM »
Overall a little disappointed. There are areas he just has to do better in.
Hasnt stayed involved enough and for a mid is not finding enough ball. Needs to find another notch if he is to become a top player.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #318 on: December 04, 2015, 10:33:47 AM »
Hasnt stayed involved enough and for a mid is not finding enough ball. Needs to find another notch if he is to become a top player.

Hold on, this was basically his first year of footy.

No doubt he can get better in a number of areas (as all young players can), but were you seriously "disappointed" with what he produced this year?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #319 on: December 04, 2015, 11:08:35 AM »

Exactly

Outside of being a first year player people should also consider what his role given to him by his coaches was. Did he fulfill that that?

Answer is yes, as every coach I've spoken to said so. His outside gut running is an abvious strengthe and they wanted him to use that and he did they way they wanted

So he had a very good first year season, he will improve
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #320 on: December 04, 2015, 11:09:45 AM »
*4th year player
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Jonesracing82

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #321 on: December 04, 2015, 11:36:51 AM »
*4th year player
on our list yes, he's been injured each year until this year tho so was prob knackered at the end of the year, another full pre season & he'll be even better next year

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #322 on: December 04, 2015, 12:02:53 PM »
*4th year player

Actually 2015 was his third on the list

But it was the first season he actually played in the AFL

He is going into his 4th season now

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #323 on: December 04, 2015, 12:15:45 PM »
He's currently training for fourth season

Let's drop the first year player crap

Agreed with who ever said he's played out of position. 
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #324 on: December 04, 2015, 01:06:06 PM »
Good footballer..

Needs a good coach
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #325 on: December 04, 2015, 01:18:37 PM »
He's currently training for fourth season

Let's drop the first year player crap

There is a massive difference between training and playing

Just like there is a huge gap between the standard of AFL & VFL

Facts are in his first 2 seasons he had significant injuries and didn't play AFL football. That's not crap that is fact

2015 is the first year in his 3 years on the list he played senior football; that's also a fact

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #326 on: December 04, 2015, 04:20:11 PM »

No doubt he can get better in a number of areas (as all young players can), but were you seriously "disappointed" with what he produced this year?
This was his third year in the system. physically  a fully developed big bodied player.
15 disposals a game is not good enough. He did go missing for big chunks in a lot of games. Call it a lack of experience or what ever you want but it is something that has to be improved upon.
Yes at times i was just a little disappointed with his output.I think it is a legit criticism of his year and it is something we should  want him to improve upon.

I was one of few who insisted he could play a bit but like all of our players if i think they need to improve in areas i say so.
Personally i think he should be playing across h/b i have always thought that to be the case.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #327 on: December 04, 2015, 06:08:09 PM »
[
This was his third year in the system. physically  a fully developed big bodied player.

With respect last pre season was the first full one he had done. I would say he is not a fully developed big bodied player

Very hard to be able to all drills at training when you are on restricted program because of injury

Hard to put miles in the legs when you've got a serious foot injury and you're not able to run

Not sure how you can do weights when you have a shoulder injury

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #328 on: December 04, 2015, 06:56:20 PM »

15 disposals a game is not good enough. He did go missing for big chunks in a lot of games. Call it a lack of experience or what ever you want but it is something that has to be improved upon.
Yes at times i was just a little disappointed with his output.I think it is a legit criticism of his year and it is something we should  want him to improve upon.

I was one of few who insisted he could play a bit but like all of our players if i think they need to improve in areas i say so.
Personally i think he should be playing across h/b i have always thought that to be the case.

Fair 'nuff. Still think "disappointing" is harsh but whatevs.

You did back him as a draftee, so credit for that.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #329 on: December 04, 2015, 09:23:04 PM »
[

With respect last pre season was the first full one he had done. I would say he is not a fully developed big bodied player

Very hard to be able to all drills at training when you are on restricted program because of injury

Hard to put miles in the legs when you've got a serious foot injury and you're not able to run

Not sure how you can do weights when you have a shoulder injury
Wth respect at 191cm and 90kg he wont get any bigger he is at his playing weight.Physically he is   developed.
With respect injurys occured late in both 2013 where he didnt play after round 18 with a shoulder   and 2014 where he missed from round 14 to round 20 and played the last couple of rounds..  As far as im aware i dont believe either injury greatly  prevented him from having decent preseasons.
This season he was picked to play on a wing he clearly had the miles in his legs to play there in fact at times he was one of few who had the ability or maybe it was the inclination  to run both ways.

Look i really like him as a player i always have all i have done is point out a few areas he really needs to get better at.
We dont want him sitting back and thinking i have made it,  he is far from it. I hope the club is challenging him to be better and actually point out areas he must work on.