Author Topic: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]  (Read 193023 times)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]
« Reply #345 on: December 10, 2015, 09:20:27 PM »
Lol at things that never change. One thing that never changes is apologists for mediocrity.
We have a great big lumping lad who can run hard all day,  He is Physically up to it   has anyone seen him rag doll opposition in tackles OR SEEN HIM STRUGGLE IN THE PHYSICAL STAKES.
Yes he is young and inexperienced and there is HOPEFULLY A LOT OF UPSIDE STILL.
Fact is, he is  an established player coming into year 4  and quite frankly 15 disposals a game is not good enough for any player regardless of age playing on a wing.

YOU lot you always defend defend defend the undefendable. We want. No we really need our players to be challenged. Most of them are poor in areas and they have to show they can get better. The expectation has to be they get better. If they cant then pee them off asap.

All i hear is Kamdyn had a great year. Well hello he didn't. He had an okay year for where he has come from and his relative experience.He has a lot of areas that he really has to work on and the vibe from you lot is na no he doesnt.
Iam  not beating up on this guy i really like him as a player but he needs to get better.He does have areas he needs to work on. Basically that is all i have said.

It will be interesting to see what happens next year. there are some traits you really need to have, to be a good mid. Playing there is not all about running power and pace. Ihave never thought of Kamdyn as a mid.  Imo he was always a running defender and im asking is his inability to find a lot of ball a learning thing and an indication that he is not a natural mid and that indeed   his right position is  coming of h/b. We will never know,  because while  the bozoes in charge have thrown players all over the shop mainly to the players detriment,  they steadfastly refuse to play some players in natural positions.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #346 on: December 10, 2015, 09:24:07 PM »
Lol at things that never change. One thing that never changes is apologists for mediocrity.
We have a great big lumping lad who can run hard all day,  He is Physically up to it   has anyone seen him rag doll opposition in tackles OR SEEN HIM STRUGGLE IN THE PHYSICAL STAKES.
Fact is, he is  an established player coming into year 4  and quite frankly 15 disposals a game is not good enough for any player regardless of age playing on a wing.

YOU lot you always defend defend defend the undefendable. We want. No we really need our players to be challenged. Most of them are poor in areas and they have to show they can get better. The expectation has to be they get better. If they cant then pee them off asap.

All i hear is Kamdyn had a great year. Well hello he didn't. He had an okay year for where he has come from and his relative experience.He has a lot of areas that he really has to work on and the vibe from you lot is na no he doesnt.
Iam  not beating up on this guy i really like him as a player but he needs to get better.He does have areas he needs to work on. Basically that is all i have said.

It will be interesting to see what happens next year. there are some traits you really need to have, to be a good mid. Playing there is not all about running power and pace. Ihave never thought of Kamdyn as a mid.  Imo he was always a running defender and im asking is his inability to find a lot of ball a learning thing and an indication that he is not a natural mid and that indeed   his right position is  coming of h/b. We will never know,  because while  the bozoes in charge have thrown players all over the shop mainly to the players detriment,  they steadfastly refuse to play some players in natural positions.

Hmm. I don't think you get it. No one is saying he can't improve. We're just saying he had a good year, given his age and experience.

Please explain how that is being an apologist for mediocrity?

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #347 on: December 10, 2015, 09:28:17 PM »

Hmm. I don't think you get it. No one is saying he can't improve. We're just saying he had a good year, given his age and experience.

Simple if you are good enough to play 23 games in the middle for the whole year then 15 disposals a game is  I SAY IS MEDIOCRE.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #348 on: December 10, 2015, 09:31:28 PM »

Simple if you are good enough to play 23 games in the middle for the whole year then 15 disposals a game is  I SAY IS MEDIOCRE.

OK that's what you say.

You didn't really answer my question though but whatevs. 

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #349 on: December 10, 2015, 10:25:56 PM »
:lol

how many players average much more that 15 possessions in their first 20 odd games?
21 yr olds playing on a wing in their third season who are physically near their peak,  most i would say. But hey i have expectations of all our players and am never satisified with mediocrity.
We aren't talking about some skinny little runt here who takes 5 years to get physically up to speed.

Nothing ever really changes with you blokes. You talk about improvement and the need for it but in reality are satisfied with plain old average. If your happy for our mids to get 15 disposals a game fine, but some of us want to win a premiership in our life times.
McIntosh needs to get better like a lot of our players do if we are to become a top 4 side. I dont know too many people who think differently to that. Obviously you do otherwise you would not be arguing the point.

name them then.

i know you wont, but that is good.

i love it when you dont back up your comments

the rest is even more mindless dribble drawing inane conclusions about what your self indulgent mind thinks rational people are actually thinking.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #350 on: December 10, 2015, 10:43:33 PM »

OK that's what you say.

You didn't really answer my question though but whatevs.
I actually thought it was an answer but hey whatevs.
Look simply put you would bring a kid for a block of games put him  on a wing and see how he goes.  Kamdyn at least statistically is not far beyond that. we are talking big bodied tough brute who is yes only 22.  but he plays 23 games as a mid. THAT Makes him a regular regardless of age. Are you really saying to me that 15 disposals a game from a mid is acceptable. Surely it is an area that just has to be improved upon.
15 disposals a game on a wing  regular or not. senior or junior  23 games for the season, hes good enough to be given 23 games ffs  there has to be improvement Junior or not. Simply put it is not acceptable. He has to improve if he is to be given a REGULAR GAME.. This is not about the player it is about the team.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #351 on: December 10, 2015, 11:06:11 PM »
lol now a bloke who has played 20 games is an established player......

tony_montana

« Reply #352 on: December 11, 2015, 10:01:45 AM »
Why is this even an issue? Given where he's come from, overall, I'm very happy with what he produced this season. However, If he produced the same next season, I wouldn't be happy as I'd be expecting more improvement from Kamdyn. It's all relative..

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #353 on: December 11, 2015, 10:37:33 AM »
He's in the best 22 with some to spare. Questions of age, experience etc etc are secondary in nature.

Let the kid keep playing and see where he ends up  :gotigers
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #354 on: December 11, 2015, 10:41:41 AM »
If you say he is a first year player often enough

It might come true

By that same token I would argue that the following players haven't done enough to please me:

Ben Lennon
Liam McBean
Todd Elton

How about we delist them all?

Oh, Andrew

Can u find anyone saying delist Mcintosh

Pack Of extremists you blokes...

I was being facetious you knuckle-dragger.

But since the intent was lost on you I'll spell it out clearly.

If you're going to be critical of McIntosh because it's not his first year then what do you think of the aforementioned players?

I think Kam is doing a great job. Disposal needs tidying up. Work rate is exemplary. Has a lot of dash and is a very attacking footballer.

I like kam

I like first year player ollie wines and first year player jake stringer too
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #355 on: December 11, 2015, 01:01:27 PM »
Why is this even an issue? Given where he's come from, overall, I'm very happy with what he produced this season. However, If he produced the same next season, I wouldn't be happy as I'd be expecting more improvement from Kamdyn. It's all relative..
it's an issue because of one persons irrational over the top expectations.

I think most people would be happy with where he as at, at this point of his carreer, but do expect him to improve as he gets more games and experience under his belt.

but just for poos and giggles how does he compare to the other rising star nominations from the season?

1st for total kicks
2nd for kicks per game
2nd for total uncontested possessions
3rd for total marks
3rd for total bounces
4th for total inside 50s
4th for total rebound 50s
5th total disposals
6th total effective disposals
6th total goal assists

seems like an OK base to build on to me, unless we just have a totally crap bunch of rising star noms this year.

I do wait in anticipation to see which 80 game player he will be compared with though, to prove how crap his season was.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #356 on: December 11, 2015, 01:34:42 PM »
I think if he played for Melbourne he would be considered a dead set gun by some on here

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #357 on: December 11, 2015, 01:39:14 PM »
overall, I'm very happy with what he produced this season.

FFS stop accepting mediocrity you sheep clown!!

Offline dogged

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #358 on: December 11, 2015, 06:33:05 PM »

What a dig
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 09:13:21 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #359 on: December 11, 2015, 06:39:34 PM »

What a dig!
Me thinks he was being a touch sarcastic with that comment my boy......
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 09:13:10 PM by WilliamPowell »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.