Author Topic: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]  (Read 193054 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]
« Reply #600 on: July 04, 2022, 09:30:25 PM »
hmm mr fumbles at it again.

Ok I'll bite

82.4% disposal efficiency clearly not good enough for you?

Which of the stats, seeing you base so much of your constant criticism of all players on their stats, aren't good enough for you this week?

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #601 on: July 04, 2022, 09:41:15 PM »
^
It will be that kicking to a 1:1 contest is considered an effective disposal.

Even though when there's no good free option the best thing to do is kick to a 1:1 contest.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #602 on: July 04, 2022, 09:44:03 PM »

Ok I'll bite

Which of the stats, seeing you base so much of your constant criticism of all players on their stats, aren't good enough for you this week?

Hang on a minute where have i mentioned stats and where  have i relied on em. At least unlike you and others i use stats  to confirm WHAT I BLOODY SEE. Last time i looked a fumble is not a stat. And you can bugger off with your disposal efficiency bull crap . It is just about the most spurious stat there is. If your trying to tell me he is a good kick than i will go heave.

He is an ordinary player who is limited and lacks polish for the role of a wingman. I don't give a poo if you agree or not thats your blind  problem.

Sheesh people can see how poor Castagna is when it comes to lets say ball use and smarts but they cannot see  similar things with McIntosh.

Last week i thought he was pretty good this week well na no thanks.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #603 on: July 04, 2022, 11:18:14 PM »

Ok I'll bite

Hang on a minute where have i mentioned stats and where  have i relied on em. At least unlike you and others i use stats  to confirm WHAT I BLOODY SEE. Last time i looked a fumble is not a stat. And you can bugger off with your disposal efficiency bull crap . It is just about the most spurious stat there is. If your trying to tell me he is a good kick than i will go heave.

He is an ordinary player who is limited and lacks polish for the role of a wingman. I don't give a poo if you agree or not thats your blind  problem.

Sheesh people can see how poor Castagna is when it comes to lets say ball use and smarts but they cannot see  similar things with McIntosh.

Only uses the stats when they back up his claims, otherwise stats are useless and it’s all about what he sees…..  :help

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #604 on: July 06, 2022, 08:01:51 PM »
Stupid cornwit

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #605 on: July 16, 2022, 01:47:47 PM »
From FanFooty.com.au:

I am not sure the AFL Rules Committee can take all the credit but I love the return of the wing position in its purest form, staying on their side and running goalpost to goalpost to get to contests instead of just kickchasing.

Andrew Gaff was fine, but I much prefer Ed Langdon.

Also, pundits identify Langdon as the template for this throwback role, but I think it was actually Kamdyn McIntosh who was doing this before it was cool.

Every wing wants to be Kamdyn these days, eschewing Dream Team stat padding and fulfilling more exotic and intangible KPIs.

I reckon at some point there might be a backlash against throwback wings, because they more than anyone else in the 18 players on the field contribute to congestion. It's their job to add numbers to a contest.

Will we see experiments to remove them VFL-style to clear away mess?

Perhaps that's looking too far forward. For now we can enjoy whatever it was (mostly the 6-6-6 rule) that led to the reversion of the wing position to what it was meant to be, instead of just another follower.

https://twitter.com/m0nty/status/1547768970622947328

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Kamdyn McIntosh reported [update]
« Reply #606 on: August 06, 2022, 10:57:02 PM »
Kmac was reported for this late spoil:

Slow motion vision here: https://twitter.com/IncrediblyBozza/status/1555888327600906240

Is he in trouble?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #607 on: August 06, 2022, 11:03:14 PM »
Shouldn't be for that. Was aiming for the ball, idiot just got in the way.

DBJ should be fined for intentional contact to KMacs hand

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #608 on: August 06, 2022, 11:05:15 PM »
Didn’t seen too late, ball beside the head with him turning his head away and not looking at the ball or port player , and contact as a glance
because it’s richmond , 6 weeks

Offline FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #609 on: August 06, 2022, 11:07:15 PM »

You wanted him dropped after last week.

KMac is never going to be a match winner but he was great tonight and was great in the second half last week. Ultimate team man and role player.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #610 on: August 06, 2022, 11:14:57 PM »
Clumsy spoil more than anything. Byrne-Jones played on. So it should be at worst careless, high and low impact = a fine.

However, after last week when Cotch was sighted for imaginary rough conduct ::), it's anyone's guess with the MRP especially when it comes to a Richmond player  :help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #611 on: August 06, 2022, 11:23:38 PM »
Don't think it should end up in a suspension, but Brynne-Jones should get an award for The-Most-Mayo-Ever-Added-When-Touched-Somewhere-Near-Goal ...   ::) 
Award winning flop anyway ... the face plant was inspired ...      ::)
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #612 on: August 07, 2022, 04:02:20 AM »
Darcy Byrne-Jones suffered some blurred vision after a late spoil from Kamdyn McIntosh, but Hinkley indicated it was more of an eye issue than concussion.

"It'll be interesting how he pulls up because he'll be one we have to monitor really closely, because he's had a really strong year, a really impressive season for us," Hinkley said.

Source: AFL website.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #613 on: August 07, 2022, 09:14:18 AM »
He was playing the ball and just missed. Move on!

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #614 on: August 07, 2022, 04:42:11 PM »
If you watched Cripps jump into the back of a Brisbane player , gets him in the head , without any attempt to spoil the ball and commentators support it as part of the play and then without a report by the umpires  you wonder amount the independence when Macca was clearly trying to spoil the ball and gets reported