Author Topic: Liam McBean [merged]  (Read 168669 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Liam McBean [merged]
« Reply #390 on: December 07, 2013, 08:47:55 PM »
on grand final day hawthorn played:

bailey
hale
gunston
franklin
roughead

why is

maric
hampson
riewoldt
vickery
mcbean

unrealistic?
Because none of our forwards have the mobility of Franklin, Roughead, Gunston. Franklin is a freak and Roughead rotates into the midfield. Gunston is an athletic medium sized fwd who just happens to be tall for that position.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #391 on: December 07, 2013, 09:03:04 PM »
Bean is the white franklin

Roughead isn't really a mid. Jus a gimic

the claw

« Reply #392 on: December 07, 2013, 09:20:01 PM »
vickery will never be a #1 ruck no matter how much size he puts on. yes vickery has agility and speed and atm thats about all hes got.

why?

IMO some of tyrones best football has been from the midfield

Franklin goes alright without being able to mark

If you watch young bean at training be looks a pure forward with all the tricks. Knows where the goals are

The kids not debut yet and you are bagging him

usually a giant 'project' type would be given four + years...
jeezus h Geez where in hell did i bag the kid, yes he should be given 4 plus yrs but cant we comment on the good and bad in the mean time.

all ive said there is a lot of love for a kid who hasnt even played a game yet and who hasnt shown any sort of outstanding aerial quality that you would expect from a 200cm player.
we do this, talk em up  as supporters all the time before they have done a thing.  far more often than not we end up with egg on our faces.

ffs mcbean hes supposed to become our first ruck.  what attributes does he need or should he have that will allow him to become the player we drafted him to become. they certainly arent  being good at ground level and crumbing goals. while they are indeed good attributes to have they are not the most important  ones we want from ruckmen and kpps.

vickery geez do i have to go over why i dont rate him again and again and again.  let me be perfectly clear and as blunt as i can be. pea hearts do not make it as ruckmen in any league yet alone afl. wait you could be right afl has become so sanitised and soft vickers may yet make it.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #393 on: December 07, 2013, 09:29:41 PM »
FFS
in his first year mcbean has been one of the stand out forwards of the VFL.
unlike others such as griffiths who has shown  SWA, Mcbean has performed at the the 2nd tier.

he has shown more than any other kid as a kpf or a number of years.
Stuff me.
Get stuffing real, the positivity is warranted, although for some positivity is an dirty word.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #394 on: December 07, 2013, 09:41:26 PM »
on grand final day hawthorn played:

bailey
hale
gunston
franklin
roughead

why is

maric
hampson
riewoldt
vickery
mcbean

unrealistic?
Because none of our forwards have the mobility of Franklin, Roughead, Gunston. Franklin is a freak and Roughead rotates into the midfield. Gunston is an athletic medium sized fwd who just happens to be tall for that position.

Thankyou

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #395 on: December 07, 2013, 09:44:56 PM »
Thats ok

the claw

« Reply #396 on: December 07, 2013, 10:14:27 PM »
FFS
unlike others such as griffiths who has shown  SWA, Mcbean has performed at the the 2nd tier.

Stuff me.
Get stuffing real, the positivity is warranted, although for some positivity is an dirty word.
lol ive seen even greater positivity over griffiths short career and where did it get us. you can reel em off in the shedloads yet im to get real.  post astbury grimes vickery to date on our list champions all and lets not dare criticise em eh or even say they have to prove themselves. i wonder who should get real.

ive gotta ask why do people never learn, why the impatience awhy cant they  actually wait for players to properly develop and then perform  at the least to a reasonable standard before lauding them as the next big thing.
seems 30 plus yrs of abject failure and making the same sort of judgements is of no concern,  lets just keep on praising em up before they do a thing. sooner or later one of em will turn out good. yep some just never learn.

i suppose the old idea of players actually proving themselves and  then becoming good consistent players is old hack.  me i think i will stick to those notions unlike others who it seems are still easily pleased by that word potential and are happy to pronounce em the next big thing before they have played a game.
yep i really do wonder who is the one who should get real.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #397 on: December 08, 2013, 12:27:52 AM »
FFS

Stuff me.
lol ive seen even greater positivity over griffiths short career and where did it get us. you can reel em off in the shedloads yet im to get real.  post astbury grimes vickery to date on our list champions all and lets not dare criticise em eh or even say they have to prove themselves. i wonder who should get real.

ive gotta ask why do people never learn, why the impatience awhy cant they  actually wait for players to properly develop and then perform  at the least to a reasonable standard before lauding them as the next big thing.
seems 30 plus yrs of abject failure and making the same sort of judgements is of no concern,  lets just keep on praising em up before they do a thing. sooner or later one of em will turn out good. yep some just never learn.

i suppose the old idea of players actually proving themselves and  then becoming good consistent players is old hack.  me i think i will stick to those notions unlike others who it seems are still easily pleased by that word potential and are happy to pronounce em the next big thing before they have played a game.
Just drop it claw.
McBean has at least shown more than the others with actual performances. His super coach data is excellent. Whilst guts like Griffiths titillate you with their size and kicking ability, McBean has put in real performances.
McBean will never be a ruckman, at least not for a good 5 or 6 years. If you've ever seen him play, he actually plays like a small so he is very difficult to match up on. The poor kid has just finished his first season and has shown more than any other kpf other than Joe Daniher. Give him a break.
You say you're consistent but you're not. One minute you're saying draft kids with the ND, then the next you're bagging them saying what have they shown?!!! It's normal for supporters to look for the next big hope, so let them!
At least the RFC is putting a system in place that it hopes will fast track development. The results may take a few years to come to fruition but at least they are trying something different. This is despite you claiming that they are continually doing the same thing.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #398 on: December 08, 2013, 10:31:25 AM »

ffs mcbean hes supposed to become our first ruck.

dont believe everything the clubs says

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #399 on: December 08, 2013, 10:38:33 AM »
FFS

Stuff me.

you are definately the one who needs to get real. go and have at look at mcbeans performance at VFL. You can list all the names of blokes who have shown nothing but that is just misery guts irrelevance.
Unlike all the others you mention, he has actually performed. Ranked 9 in the VFL goalkicking from 13 games, 5th on goals per game. What more do you want from a 200cm beanpole in his first year?

If someone his age had performed like that in the WAFL you'd be gobbling his name about like a turkey, telling all and sundry that if we didnt draft him we would be doomed for another 100 years.

If people cant show a bit of positiveness and excitement over a kid who,in his first year, has actually shown he can perform at 2nd tier senior level, then we all may as well line up behind you and your misery guts followers and neck ourselves.

If you want to spend your life in a pit of despair, thats fine, but why try to drag everyone else into the pit of darkness with you? Misery certainly does love company.

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #400 on: December 08, 2013, 10:39:46 AM »
jeezus h Geez ...

Damn it claw, I wish you hadn't said that. Read the rest of your post in  Mr Slave's voice from South Park. I'm really hoping that doesn't stick, it's quite disturbing.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #401 on: December 09, 2013, 12:37:46 AM »

If you want to spend your life in a pit of despair, thats fine, but why try to drag everyone else into the pit of darkness with you? Misery certainly does love company.

Misery was September 8th, 2013....…. The blackest day in football!

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
The club that keeps giving.

the claw

« Reply #402 on: December 09, 2013, 12:59:51 AM »
FFS

Stuff me.

you are definately the one who needs to get real. go and have at look at mcbeans performance at VFL. You can list all the names of blokes who have shown nothing but that is just misery guts irrelevance.
Unlike all the others you mention, he has actually performed. Ranked 9 in the VFL goalkicking from 13 games, 5th on goals per game. What more do you want from a 200cm beanpole in his first year?

If someone his age had performed like that in the WAFL you'd be gobbling his name about like a turkey, telling all and sundry that if we didnt draft him we would be doomed for another 100 years.

If people cant show a bit of positiveness and excitement over a kid who,in his first year, has actually shown he can perform at 2nd tier senior level, then we all may as well line up behind you and your misery guts followers and neck ourselves.

and yet hes to play an afl game.  but never mind that hes a champion. its hilarious. delusion is grand.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #403 on: December 09, 2013, 01:37:37 AM »
Who said he was a champion?

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #404 on: December 09, 2013, 09:18:23 AM »
no one. no one at all. he's just making poo up to justify his misery guts attitude.
Claw wants everyone to assume the foetal position in a dark corner and wait to die. Maybe one day someone will yell through the window and we won a premiership and we will be allowed a little nervous smile, but hope, excitement or any of those other things that make our life a little more enjoyable are definitely not permitted.