Author Topic: How long for Mark Neeld at the Dee's?  (Read 14002 times)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
How long for Mark Neeld at the Dee's?
« on: April 01, 2013, 10:12:20 PM »
Soooo

Whadda people reckon for Mark Neeld?  He seems a poo coach to me.  He has lost his players even before round one and last year people were saying he was an angry man.  Does he make it to round 12?

dwaino

Re: How long for Mark Neeld at the Dee's?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:16:49 PM »
Reckon he'll last the season, but goneskies unless he shows something by the end. Would need to justify their ridiculous recruiting strategy somehow too. Next coach will be rooted without the youth they could have drafted instead of the battlers they're contracted to keep for another 2+ years. At least our recent recycled recruits are mostly rookies and no strings attached.

gerkin greg

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 10:39:04 PM »
Should have been sacked this morning followed by the resignations of the CEO and President but they are a weak rabble

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 10:42:18 PM »
Should have been sacked this morning followed by the resignations of the CEO and President but they are a weak rabble

?? did that really happen when?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 10:53:38 PM »
Lloyd sunk the boot into the player development and culture at the club. After showing a screen shot of the draft choices of recent years he said he believes some of those players would of made it at other clubs e.g Geelong and Sydney.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 07:03:24 AM »
It isn't the fact they are getting thumped; it is the WAY they are getting thumped

Simply not having a go is the real issue for mine

If they keep getting smashed by 10+ goals every week he will be goneskis by mid-season
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 09:04:11 AM »
Lloyd sunk the boot into the player development and culture at the club. After showing a screen shot of the draft choices of recent years he said he believes some of those players would of made it at other clubs e.g Geelong and Sydney.

Notably Jade Rawlings and Brian Royal are at the Dees these days and our development was poor when they were coaches at the tiges.  I suspect both of them can't coach.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 11:43:31 AM »

Notably Jade Rawlings and Brian Royal are at the Dees these days and our development was poor when they were coaches at the tiges.  I suspect both of them can't coach.

neeld gets the boot

Neil Craigh will get the gig

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 01:15:28 PM »

neeld gets the boot

Neil Craigh will get the gig

It seems most assistant coaches who become senior coaches come from a team that has been successful which currently the demons look a long way off being.  So the only way they will be able to bring in highly rated assistant coaches would be to spend money. I know they paid off a sizable amount of debt a few years ago but do they actually have much money to spend on a yearly on-going bases for better assistants.

As WP said Neil Craig would be the person to step straight into the role as his already at the club. What is his actual job there.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:37:44 PM by tiger101 »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 01:23:41 PM »
As WP said Neil Craig would be the person to step straight into the role as his already at the club. What is his actual job there.

From the Dees sad web-site

Neil Craig - Director Of Sports Performance

He isn't even listed on the Coaches page to find him you need to look under "Staff Members"  :rollin

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 01:29:12 PM »

Thank heavens it's not us these days.

gerkin greg

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 03:45:41 PM »

From the Dees sad web-site

Neil Craig - Director Of Sports Performance

He isn't even listed on the Coaches page to find him you need to look under "Staff Members"  :rollin

And they are paying a poo load for him  :clapping

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 05:24:58 PM »
Should get rid of half the players as well, regardless of the coach the players should have enough pride in their performance to stand up as individuals at least

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 06:55:02 PM »
Soooo

Whadda people reckon for Mark Neeld?  He seems a pooe coach to me.  He has lost his players even before round one and last year people were saying he was an angry man.  Does he make it to round 12?

Elebenty

dwaino

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 12:16:20 AM »