Author Topic: General Soccer discussion.  (Read 160446 times)

tony_montana

Re: General Soccer discussion.
« Reply #915 on: December 07, 2016, 10:37:36 AM »
Liverstool are pretty good to watch under Klopp. One mode, attack. Tuchel is putting his own touches on Dortmund but we had a far more exciting brand under Klopp even if it meant we struggled to keep clean sheets.

We've been great this season bar the burnley and Bournemouth losses. It happens, yes its disappointing to lose when you're 3-1 up but truth be told we were lucky to even be in that position, no coutinho, Lallana, Matip and sturridge, with firmino playing out wide instead of central, just shows we don't have the quality of depth yet to cover. But overall we're playing some good exciting football
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 11:03:27 AM by tony_montana »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #916 on: December 07, 2016, 01:11:46 PM »
Meh - water of a duck's back for us, unlike your lot, at least we can accept the fact we'll never win the premiership ...we did enjoy making you our bunnies last season though..and I can only laugh at a Kopite mouthing off about wasting money on Fatty Carroll..... :shh

Yeah nah I don't think so, its one thing to accept never winning the premiership and another to go from European aspirations to a relegation dogfight in the same season and having your best player wanting out.

We cut our losses, clawed back half the fee and saved on his exorbitant wages from pretty early on in the piece, your mob had him on loan, then paid a club record transfer fee and gave him 6 years  :lol

Less than half your fee....and so far he's scored four times as many goals for us in less than twice the apearances....yep, big "win" for you...Redshytes, the Kerry Packers of the EPL....  :clapping
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #917 on: December 07, 2016, 02:30:52 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/11337882/Andy-Carroll-has-cost-West-Ham-over-45-million.html

Just bc he's scored more goals for you than he did for us doesnt make it a success. poo is still poo, even worse when its expensive.
Hes playing for you not us and getting paid by you = big win for us

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #918 on: December 07, 2016, 02:50:19 PM »
Well we can only hope Vickery kicks 40+ next year for Hawthorn so you can declare that a "big win for Richmond"....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

tony_montana

« Reply #919 on: December 07, 2016, 05:06:19 PM »
Yes bc fatty is going to trouble the scorers averaging his 6 goals per season  :lol and somehow that is going to equate to Vickery kicking 40+ next year and me declaring it a success, smh. Is there a bigger bow you can draw? :lol

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #920 on: December 07, 2016, 05:20:46 PM »
When you  take into account the wldly different scoring rates in the respective codes, the fact it would still constitute them both scoring at twice the rate for their new clubs and that Hawthorn is actually a far better side than Richmond  wheras Fat boy's been playing in what at least on paper and squad value should be a considerably weaker side than Liverpool it's no longer a bow to draw than your definition of a "big win".....

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 06:47:31 PM by Diocletian »

- Thomas Sowell

tony_montana

« Reply #921 on: December 07, 2016, 10:25:24 PM »
As I mentioned already, We cut our losses early on this one, yep we lost 17mill but saved considerably on his wages, could've been a whole lot worse. Not sure how that isn't a big win. He's scored 24 goals in 4 seasons for your mob, you can try and dress it anyway you like, but that is poo.

45mill pounds including 90k per week per season for 6 seasons for that spud, you're gonna need a bigger bow. It's comical watching you try and twist it to heap it on Liverpool when your mob continue to pay the price (and what a price) for his 'services' years later.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 10:45:38 PM by tony_montana »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #922 on: December 07, 2016, 11:26:11 PM »
It's comical watching you continue to believe that getting less than half your money back for a dud who's gone to statistically improve more  100% at his next club constitutes a "big win" for you....,,but I sympathise as it must be hard when you support a club that's gone from winning trophies to hanging their hats on supposedly getting the better of a bottom half clubs in transfer deals...

Oh and as us for us maybe losing our best player...how have you lot been in regards to retaining your best players in recent years? Say hello to Torres, Chompers, & Sterling for me.....btw have you got rid of all the hacks Rodgers brought over yet? The amount of fizzers & shyte trucks your club's paid massive overs for over the years and the best you can hit us with is Carroll....haha stuff me drunk, you arrogant scouse polesmokers never change....

« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 11:43:14 PM by Diocletian »

- Thomas Sowell

tony_montana

« Reply #923 on: December 07, 2016, 11:50:25 PM »
100% improvement of nothing is still nothing you nuffer but you keep telling yourself you've done well landing that overpaid dud for a club record fee no less. I have no issue admitting we stuffed up signing him, but at least we cut him quick smart recouped half the transfer fee and stopped paying a fat hack 90 quid a week, but yeah keep twisting it around that it's only Liverpool who stuffed up here wowser.

Actually statistically we have come out way ahead in transfers over the past few years, statistically no side has come out with better financial wins. Fact. We got a kings ransom for the 3 you mentioned, so whilst it's not great losing them, we certainly got compensated extraordinarily well for them. 50mill quid for Stirling LOL is now a shadow of the player he was, so too Torres. Choppers hurt bc he's the best player in the world but 80mill mends broken hearts. Incidentally who are the pooe trucks you're talking about? bc most of Rodgers' buys have now become very good players under Klopp. Lallana? Lovren? Firmino? Clyne? Origi? All good quality contributors not that an uneducated hater like yourself would know. Speaking of polesmokers, it's a pretty sad existence when the sum total of you contribution to this thread is to exclusively slag off one side. Get a life son

« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 12:06:10 AM by tony_montana »

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #924 on: December 08, 2016, 12:08:34 AM »
Only the posts you notice - sign of a narcissist perhaps....(and trust me if there were more Manure fans here to annoy I'd probably ignore the hilarious trials & tribultions of the nearly men of Arsefield for the most part...because in line with your relevance in the modern game, you pale into insignificance compared to my contempt for them.) anyway I'll leave you to your Koppite delusions of "big wins" and faded glories....tara la, now make yer name Walker before I lamp ya.....

- Thomas Sowell

tony_montana

« Reply #925 on: December 08, 2016, 12:15:11 AM »
 :lol big man.. stuff me, you can talk some poo. Get that OCD checked out son, can trigger something nasty in your noggin down the track if you don't reign it in.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #926 on: December 08, 2016, 01:55:09 AM »
Jeez...deary me....
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:20:41 AM by one-eyed »

- Thomas Sowell

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #927 on: December 08, 2016, 07:34:32 AM »
The gunners seem to be going ok

Topped their champions league group :bow

dwaino

« Reply #928 on: December 08, 2016, 08:51:40 AM »
Dortmund 2-2 this morning with Real Madrid has us finishing top of group too  8)

FlashGordon

« Reply #929 on: December 08, 2016, 09:32:15 AM »
100% improvement of nothing is still nothing you nuffer but you keep telling yourself you've done well landing that overpaid dud for a club record fee no less. I have no issue admitting we stuffed up signing him, but at least we cut him quick smart recouped half the transfer fee and stopped paying a fat hack 90 quid a week, but yeah keep twisting it around that it's only Liverpool who stuffed up here wowser.

Actually statistically we have come out way ahead in transfers over the past few years, statistically no side has come out with better financial wins. Fact. We got a kings ransom for the 3 you mentioned, so whilst it's not great losing them, we certainly got compensated extraordinarily well for them. 50mill quid for Stirling LOL is now a shadow of the player he was, so too Torres. Choppers hurt bc he's the best player in the world but 80mill mends broken hearts. Incidentally who are the pooe trucks you're talking about? bc most of Rodgers' buys have now become very good players under Klopp. Lallana? Lovren? Firmino? Clyne? Origi? All good quality contributors not that an uneducated hater like yourself would know. Speaking of polesmokers, it's a pretty sad existence when the sum total of you contribution to this thread is to exclusively slag off one side. Get a life son

all good man, but coming from fellow Kopite, tipping when Klopp finishes the refurbishment, there wiil be quite a few new names in place of the ones you mentioned.  the name of the game is championships and go as deep as you can in UCL...dropping games to poo trucks like Bournemouth says he still has work to do. Tipping he will throw the dice with the current list and hopefully snag a top 4 spot and ask for the cheque-book. At the end of the day he sussed out a Lewandowski so he can find the stars before they ascend to the stratosphere.  As for Hardwick, oops sorry, I meant Rodgers and I will leave it at that  ;)