Author Topic: Disgraceful umpiring  (Read 2691 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Disgraceful umpiring
« on: June 04, 2005, 08:06:53 PM »
Like to thank those three clowns impersonating umpires today for the most pathetic display of umpiring I have ever seen in over 25 years of watching footy  >:(. That first half was criminal and so one-sided that they robbed us of 3 goals:

(i) Krakouer's disallowed goal
(ii) Not bringing the ball back for the free kick on goal after the quick snap missed and so it wasn't advantage.
(iii) The bearhug and chopping of arms on Richo in the second quarter and not paying a free when he had paid the exact same free down the other end to the Eagles.

The Eagles are a good enough side without 3 extra mates on the field  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead

The 5 goals difference at halftime was a true reflection of the teams to that point so I'm not whinging about that. But the scoreline was more due to the Eagles not putting us away than a decent standard of umpiring. Back to the bush next week boys  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Disgraceful umpiring
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 10:14:46 PM »
Like to thank those three clowns impersonating umpires today for the most pathetic display of umpiring I have ever seen in over 25 years of watching footy  >:(. That first half was criminal and so one-sided that they robbed us of 3 goals:

(i) Krakouer's disallowed goal
(ii) Not bringing the ball back for the free kick on goal after the quick snap missed and so it wasn't advantage.
(iii) The bearhug and chopping of arms on Richo in the second quarter and not paying a free when he had paid the exact same free down the other end to the Eagles.

The Eagles are a good enough side without 3 extra mates on the field  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead

The 5 goals difference at halftime was a true reflection of the teams to that point so I'm not whinging about that. But the scoreline was more due to the Eagles not putting us away than a decent standard of umpiring. Back to the bush next week boys  ::).

MT ...not three umpires. All the decisions you talk about..not to mention the headlock that Cambo was held in (20 metres out from goal) for NO free kick were all down to one umpire..CRAIG HENDRIE...may I never see him umpire again.

I dislike umpires (as a general rule), but it's not often that I actually think they influence the result of a game..well I think Craig had a HUGE influence on the result of today's game and I'm NOT HAPPY!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 03:04:10 AM »
Wallace view on the umpiring from the Herald-Sun:

Both sides were again confounded by poor umpiring, the worst being a quick Joel Bowden kick on goal being called advantage despite it finishing out of bounds and Rory Hilton waiting to take his free kick 35m from goal.

But Wallace was more irritated by the umpires' tendency to penalise players who make the play at the bottom of the pack.

"From the time you have got nine-year-old kids what you are telling them is to go in and make the play and you will be looked after," he said.

"At the moment if you go in and make the play you get sweated on.

"That is something we need to be careful of.

"We want our ball generators to be doing the right thing and you don't want them to be sat on.

"It is a part of our game that I don't like."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,15510695%255E19771,00.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 12:40:40 PM »
MT ...not three umpires. All the decisions you talk about..not to mention the headlock that Cambo was held in (20 metres out from goal) for NO free kick were all down to one umpire..CRAIG HENDRIE...may I never see him umpire again.

I actually think the Cambo one was the worst of the lot to be honest - there was no excuse for that one.  :banghead :banghead

I mean for crying out loud it wasn't like it was bloody Richo being grabbed because we all now that there is not a chance in hell that an umpire would award Richo a free 10 metres out from goal directly in front :banghead :banghead

As for a the Krakouer disallowed goal - I was told by someone after the game it had something to do with a tiger elbowing a Weagle in the head - I aint seen the tape so I don't know.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 06:49:37 PM »
In the third quarter Richo was one on one and was doubling back at the city end to chase the footy and was clearly held by the jumper with the umpire twenty metres away and no free kick.

This happens way too much and Im sick to death of it.

That Hendrie is the new Mclaren. :help

letsgetiton!

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 05:56:03 AM »

As for a the Krakouer disallowed goal - I was told by someone after the game it had something to do with a tiger elbowing a Weagle in the head - I aint seen the tape so I don't know.

what happened wp. richo was triple teamed and went up 4 the mark , his arm went across glasss shoulder, and the umpire gave the free, but what happened to the interference rule, at the same time 2 eagles players ran str8 into richo front on with their backs to the ball!!!!!! it happened on that occasion and a few more times in the game!!!! it was down and out murder! we were crucified, richo never ever gets the treatement of a hall, lloyd or neitz!! i am so f mad!!!atm

also that mutant wacko matera, whats with him, he also fluked a game out of his butt! and how about that freal  lynch, twice he illegally sheparded players away with his back to the ball and from more than 5 metres away to allow matera to get th eball and goal!!!!

who the hell pays these umpires!!!!

AND WHEN WILL THE FRICKEN MEDIA GET OFF JUDDS @RSE! JUST BECAUSE HE KICKED A COUPLE OF GOALS DID NOT MAKE HIM BEST OB GROUND!! HE ONLY HAD 23 TOUCHES , LOW 4 HIM, AAND ALL U READ ABOUT IS HOW JUDD KILLED US AND GAVE A COGS A FLOGGING!!!! PIGS F @RSE!!!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 01:44:16 PM »
who the hell pays these umpires!!!!

Er....... not me  :-\

:rollin

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 02:21:42 PM »
I watched no.24 at the half-time siren. As he walked to the centre one of the other umpires held his hands out in a 'what happened' gesture. No.24 just shrugged as if to say he made mistake.
I suppose umpires are only sort of human.  8)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 04:05:51 PM »

Thanks bg25  :thumbsup. That twit's name is now stored in my long-term memory  ;D.

I thought the umpiring overall for the first 3 quarters was shocking. They umpired according to which side had the momentum. They went from hating our guts in the first half to paying us a couple of soft frees in the 3rd term. Plus they had no idea about the rules on interference as X pointed out. What happened to stopping the chopping of arms and defenders takling their eye off the ball to spoil Richo. A complete farce!  >:(

As for Joel's shot out on the full which was called advantage. Although I still believe the call was totally wrong, according to a PM I got Joel broke the team rule of playing on when we had a set shot on goal inside our forward 50. So it was a total stuff up all round  :banghead.

what happened wp. richo was triple teamed and went up 4 the mark , his arm went across glasss shoulder, and the umpire gave the free, but what happened to the interference rule, at the same time 2 eagles players ran str8 into richo front on with their backs to the ball!!!!!! it happened on that occasion and a few more times in the game!!!! it was down and out murder! we were crucified, richo never ever gets the treatement of a hall, lloyd or neitz!! i am so f mad!!!atm

I getting this second hand as I don't listen to the radio at the ground but I was told 3LO said that that arm across Glass' shoulder was from his own teammate  :banghead.

AND WHEN WILL THE FRICKEN MEDIA GET OFF JUDDS @RSE! JUST BECAUSE HE KICKED A COUPLE OF GOALS DID NOT MAKE HIM BEST OB GROUND!! HE ONLY HAD 23 TOUCHES , LOW 4 HIM, AAND ALL U READ ABOUT IS HOW JUDD KILLED US AND GAVE A COGS A FLOGGING!!!! PIGS F @RSE!!!

Not sure how Judd killed Cogs. Chaffey was on Judd for periods during the game. Maybe they missed Chaffs cause at times he was 10-20m off Judd  :-\.

Judd, Cousins and Matera won the game for them. The good players don't need to have heaps of stats every week if they finish off their work. Judd killed us with his finishing. When we got within a kick in the third term he got the goal for them against the run of play. Likewise in the last he marked in front of a pack and kicked the winner. I'd have him anyday in a tiger guernsey. Imagine if he and Deledio in a few years time were in the same team together. 

letsgetiton!

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 04:33:52 PM »
. Imagine if he and Deledio in a few years time were in the same team together. 

so when is judd coming over lol  :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 04:41:59 PM »
. Imagine if he and Deledio in a few years time were in the same team together. 

so when is judd coming over lol  :rollin

In our dreams lol  :lol

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 07:54:34 PM »
As for Joel's shot out on the full which was called advantage. Although I still believe the call was totally wrong, according to a PM I got Joel broke the team rule of playing on when we had a set shot on goal inside our forward 50. So it was a total stuff up all round  :banghead.

[

One guy pointed out to me that Bowden took about 6-7 steps and had time to steady (he didn't) before his shot at goal. I don't usually go in to bat for umpires  :help  but that was advantage.

Especially umpires that make so many mistakes in the same pocket, time and again. Well spotted BG25.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 08:03:41 AM »
Was that WCE on the news last night training so they could see things from the umpires perspective. :lol

Found out after the game that hendrie is a west aussie too - surprise surprise  :help spewin I was looking forward to greeting him at the VFL this weekend.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Dropped
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 01:17:51 PM »

Well well well - the OER linching party (division = umpiring)  headed by bg25 - has struck again.

Mr Hendrie is not listed to umpire in the AFL this week.

First "Let loose Live" now umpire Hendrie - I shudder to think what or who'll be next  :rollin :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Dropped
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2005, 05:07:21 PM »
Well well well - the OER linching party (division = umpiring)  headed by bg25 - has struck again.

Mr Hendrie is not listed to umpire in the AFL this week.

First "Let loose Live" now umpire Hendrie - I shudder to think what or who'll be next  :rollin :rollin

Viva la revolution  :thumbsup

Pity the poor sods in the lower leagues who now have to put up with twit though lol.