Author Topic: Land o' the Giants  (Read 1325 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Land o' the Giants
« on: June 12, 2005, 06:20:50 PM »
IMO we start top heavy up forward and to make matters worse most of our big guys have let us down the last few weeks. Simmonds, Stafford and Graham (why play him forward  ???) have become a liability because for some reason beit basic skill, confidence, poor delivery or injury in Staff's case they are no longer holding their marks  :banghead and once the ball spills to the ground they are too lumbersome to stop the ball being easily rebounded by the opposition. Even Richo dropped a simple mark in the second quarter because the sun was in his eyes.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
Re: Land o' the Giants
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 06:28:29 PM »
...and then the crumbers try to shepherd whilst the lumbering giants try to crumb....  :help

Naturally, none execute the job effectively  :banghead
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 06:30:43 PM »
Well Stafford and Graham should retire at seasons end, so that issue will solve itself for next season.

We have Schulz, Pattison and, dare i say, Morrison who we can give opportunitirs up forward (although it looks like Morrison has been reinvented as a backmen!)

I would play Tambo out of the forward line, while dropping either Stafford or Knobel.

LMAO @ Krakeour? trying to crumb the ball and being kicked in the head by Knobel!  :'( :'(

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 03:34:28 PM »
And we kick it to Krak as though he's our 195cm leading forward, whilst at the same time kicking it to Richo's knees...maybe our blokes need glasses. :scream :scream

I did feel sorry for Richo dropping that mark...you could tell he was looking straight into the sun. I'm with all the coaches...shut the bloody roof. It looked awful watching the players and umpires shielding their eyes with their hands.

What sort of incompetent designed that stadium? They should be shot....wouldn't you think they'd actually check which way the sun was going to shine (not like it's going to change) and then position the goals accordingly :banghead :banghead Hard to believe it's a purpose built football stadium.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 09:48:44 PM »
What sort of incompetent designed that stadium? They should be shot....wouldn't you think they'd actually check which way the sun was going to shine (not like it's going to change) and then position the goals accordingly :banghead :banghead Hard to believe it's a purpose built football stadium.

It’s only hard to believe because it actually wasn’t built for football at all.  Not Aussie Rules football anyway. :-\  It was mainly built for soccer/rugby I believe.  There’s pull out seating on both wings to increase the capacity of the stadium for sports such as soccer and rugby.  Don’t know if it’s ever been used.

Once the AFL got involved, I think that’s when they re-jigged certain things to accommodate Aussie Rules.  The coaches’ boxes were an after thought and were only put in place once the AFL jumped on board.

Why anyone would build such a stadium in Melbourne and not know they need AFL involvement to make it a success is hard to work out.  Can you imagine the white elephant that place would be if it were up to soccer/rugby and other short-term events to pay for it?  :help
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 11:03:16 AM by Tiger Spirit »
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 05:13:59 PM »
The Dome should have been built with the goals E/W  like at the 'G not N/S.

The coaches’ boxes were an after thought...

A common theme with new buildings at footy grounds - Geelong lol. How dopey can you get?!  :lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 05:39:50 PM »
Easy - Pull it down and if you have to start again make it at least 80,000 capacity for a start  - Actually Nah just pull it down  :lol