Author Topic: Richmond interested in Dylan Shiel [merged]  (Read 22681 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond interested in Levi Greenwood & Dylan Shiel (afl site)
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2014, 07:11:12 PM »
So some are get excited over Greenwood after one half decent year.
I wouldn't be giving up much for him.

I'm sure the red carpet is been saved for clangerfields arrival.

Don't see anyone really getting all that excited over Greenwood....hell, even bo hasn't talked him up.......yet...

...and we're not going after Dangerfield.....next year's main targets are bigger, better, younger and lie in a more northerly direction....
Tony M thinks he is worth a pick around 20. I'm pretty sure he is over excited!
Anyone else think he is worth pick 20ish?  :help

Not excited, he is comfortably worth a pick in the 20's. Like we'd find a better player with our second pick :lol he's an upgrade on Jackson and Thomas.

You don't even think hes worth a 2nd rounder, you think one of norths best inside mids this season is worth batch or a pick 40+  :help so probably best to agree to disagree
100% right! I would not give up our second round pick for him. 3rd rounder is about right for a bloke that has had one decent season.
By the way, you said in your original post a pick around 20 would be about right for him. At pick 20 that would be a late first rounder, surly you don't think he is worth a first rounder??

tony_montana

« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2014, 07:22:39 PM »

Don't see anyone really getting all that excited over Greenwood....hell, even bo hasn't talked him up.......yet...

...and we're not going after Dangerfield.....next year's main targets are bigger, better, younger and lie in a more northerly direction....

Not excited, he is comfortably worth a pick in the 20's. Like we'd find a better player with our second pick :lol he's an upgrade on Jackson and Thomas.

You don't even think hes worth a 2nd rounder, you think one of norths best inside mids this season is worth batch or a pick 40+  :help so probably best to agree to disagree
100% right! I would not give up our second round pick for him. 3rd rounder is about right for a bloke that has had one decent season.
By the way, you said in your original post a pick around 20 would be about right for him. At pick 20 that would be a late first rounder, surly you don't think he is worth a first rounder??

I meant 20ish, as in a second rounder given that 1st rounders should end at 18. An early to mid second rounder is about market rate for him - imo.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2014, 07:27:31 PM »

I said 20ish, a second rounder given that 1st rounders end at 18. An early to mid second rounder is about market rate for him - imo.
With compo picks, pick 20 is still first round.  :whistle

tony_montana

« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2014, 07:31:22 PM »

I said 20ish, a second rounder given that 1st rounders end at 18. An early to mid second rounder is about market rate for him - imo.

I edited my quote to clear it up and spell it out for you as funnily enough I knew you would be a literal smartarse in true bt tradition, but you still went fishing  :lol

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2014, 08:47:24 PM »

I edited my quote to clear it up and spell it out for you as funnily enough I knew you would be a literal smartarse in true bt tradition, but you still went fishing  :lol
I might be a smartarse but at least I would be man enough to admit I got it wrong. Only a flog would try and turn it around like you have just done. You make sense most of the time but as soon as someone challenged you you resort to insults.

tony_montana

« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2014, 09:28:21 PM »

I might be a smartarse but at least I would be man enough to admit I got it wrong. Only a flog would try and turn it around like you have just done. You make sense most of the time but as soon as someone challenged you you resort to insults.

Got what wrong? I have never had a problem admitting I am wrong both on this forum and in everyday life. As far as Im aware frawley is the only likely compensation so I assume 20 and beyond is second round, reasonable assumption I would've thought??  I respect peoples right to their own opinion and was/am happy to agree to disagree on this given how different our views are, but I don't think there's any need to be so literal about it. Pretty sure most people would understand what I meant by pick 20ish and Im tipping its not "so you would give up a 1st rounder TM??" or "TM is excited!" comeon..  :)

anyhow I don't think I was resorting to insults, but I apologise for calling you a literal smartarse, I'll replace that with baiting me (and doing a good job)  :lol

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2014, 09:35:09 PM »

Got what wrong? I have never had a problem admitting I am wrong both on this forum and in everyday life. As far as Im aware frawley is the only likely compensation so I assume 20 and beyond is second round, reasonable assumption I would've thought??  I respect peoples right to their own opinion and was/am happy to agree to disagree on this given how different our views are, but I don't think there's any need to be so literal about it. Pretty sure most people would understand what I meant by pick 20ish and Im tipping its not "so you would give up a 1st rounder TM??" or "TM is excited!" comeon..  :)

anyhow I don't think I was resorting to insults, but I apologise for calling you a literal smartarse, I'll replace that with baiting me (and doing a good job)  :lol

Quoted just to get in on the quoting

tony_montana

« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2014, 09:36:10 PM »

Quoted just to get in on the quoting

Now youre in well and truly  :cheers

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #173 on: October 01, 2014, 10:09:25 PM »
Summary:  Tony called bt a smartarse so bt called Tony a flog which in turn caused Tony to conclude that bt was not a smartarse, but merely a master baiter.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2014, 10:20:31 PM »

You said "pick around 20", not 20ish.
I know I'm taking that literally but that's how most people take what they read.  I just didn't agree and asked the question.
Anyway no big deal if you think he is worth that.  :thumbsup I just don't think he is.
All good.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: October 02, 2014, 10:46:17 AM »
Big Tone vs Tony Montana !
Mafia vs Coumbian drug Cartlel warlord.
Sounds like the underworld war of the century.
 :police:

I'm breaking out the popcorn for this one.

Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #176 on: October 02, 2014, 11:35:47 AM »
Back to the topic ppl.

Jon Ralph on SEN just said Richmond is very much in the running for Greenwood as he's put off contract talks and that pick 11 would get Greenwood to Richmond.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: October 02, 2014, 12:15:02 PM »
Pick 11? gtfo

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2014, 12:16:41 PM »
Back to the topic ppl.

Jon Ralph on SEN just said Richmond is very much in the running for Greenwood as he's put off contract talks and that pick 11 would get Greenwood to Richmond.
lmao would rival pick 19 for sanchez
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #179 on: October 02, 2014, 12:18:45 PM »
Greenwood would be a good fit IMO but not for pick 11, we cant trade that pick, give them a second rounder with a player.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"