Author Topic: Richmond interested in Dylan Shiel [merged]  (Read 22675 times)

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Richmond interested in Levi Greenwood & Dylan Shiel (afl site)
« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2014, 10:28:59 AM »
greenwood hard to say didn't watch many if any north games so cant really comment.... Shields would be great he is hard nut powerful left foot and can run al day last year I remember we were going to land that hoskin Elliott form GWS but nothing he had a break out year....
Higgins wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole he plays what 8-10 games a year if lucky has an awesome pre season and breaks down....

tony_montana

« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2014, 10:34:36 AM »
All the talk is Shiels isnt going anywhere..

North are going hard to try and pinch a premiership in the next year or 2 (lol) Waite is a done deal and strong mail that Higgins is close too. I hope they get them both - that will squeeze out Greenwood $$ wise, the offer is in the $200's and he wants more. North have an abundance of strong inside mids(Swallow, Cunnington and Zieball) so as much as they like Greenwood, he's not a major loss if he walks and they get reasonable compensation for him

What do people think is a fair offer? I reckon a pick around 20 is fair, our first rounder is too much, our second rounder is not enough.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2014, 10:51:47 AM »

North are going hard to try and pinch a premiership in the next year or 2 (lol) Waite is a done deal and strong mail that Higgins is close too. I hope they get them both - that will squeeze out Greenwood $$ wise, the offer is in the $200's and he wants more. North have an abundance of strong inside mids(Swallow, Cunnington and Zieball) so as much as they like Greenwood, he's not a major loss if he walks and they get reasonable compensation for him

What do people think is a fair offer? I reckon a pick around 20 is fair, our first rounder is too much, our second rounder is not enough.

Probably fair, would be great to off load Vickery to the Bulldogs for their 2nd rounder - keep that but give our second round pick for Greenwood.
So
Out
Vickery, pick 27-29
In
Greenwood, pick 21-23
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2014, 10:52:53 AM »

Probably fair, would be great to off load Vickery to the Bulldogs for their 2nd rounder - keep that but give our second round pick for Greenwood.
So
Out
Vickery, pick 27-29
In
Greenwood, pick 21-23

Ouch

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2014, 10:59:31 AM »
green who? Isn't he slow? and also only had a good year when his contract was up.

he is out contract is he not? so make him an offer to take in the PSD and keep all our picks for Shiel.

Obtaining second round picks shouldn't be an option for the RFC because 95% of our picks are wrong so we might as well throw it down the toilet.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2014, 11:05:51 AM »
hasn't he been the whipping boy at north for three years now

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2014, 11:08:20 AM »
Its pretty funny one breakout year and we are all over him like a wet suit but then when our players have a descent years  like Nahas, Edwards, Grigg, most on here are like yeah na good depth players must keep.

Please

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

tony_montana

« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2014, 11:25:34 AM »

He wins his own football, is a hard in and under type, would take heaps of pressure off cotch and Miles and wouldnt cost an arm and a leg. Bit of a no brainer if he's available.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2014, 12:04:10 PM »
Evidently a lot of you didn't watch many north games this year.

Bloke is a contested ball winner. Need players like him now that Jackson is gone.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2014, 12:48:09 PM »
I once heard Bruce say in commentary "Greeenwoood....cleverrrrr" so we must get him purely based on this.  :thumbsup

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2014, 01:18:38 PM »
I once heard Bruce say in commentary "Greeenwoood....cleverrrrr" so we must get him purely based on this.  :thumbsup

x 2 Must have

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2014, 04:08:45 PM »

He wins his own football, is a hard in and under type, would take heaps of pressure off cotch and Miles and wouldnt cost an arm and a leg. Bit of a no brainer if he's available.
He isn't worth our second rounder IMO. Not even close. And more to the point he isn't worth $350K.
Straight swap for Batch, or Bacha.

tony_montana

« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2014, 05:04:31 PM »

He isn't worth our second rounder IMO. Not even close. And more to the point he isn't worth $350K.
Straight swap for Batch, or Bacha.

lol pee-er bt

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2014, 06:14:13 PM »
Martin's best mate at the club Edwards has just been delisted, Martin's off contract next year and Greenwood is another of Martin's good mates but also a half-decent player who fills a specific need and is off contract. No surprise we'd be into him.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2014, 09:02:54 PM »
So some are get excited over Greenwood after one half decent year.
I wouldn't be giving up much for him.

I'm sure the red carpet is been saved for clangerfields arrival.