Author Topic: Richmond interested in Dylan Shiel [merged]  (Read 22672 times)

the claw

Re: Richmond interested in Levi Greenwood & Dylan Shiel (afl site)
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2014, 10:09:29 PM »
Yeah I'd like to see them have a crack at Garlett. Not sold on Frawley for the price he's asking though.

If he's getting offers of $500-600k/year from top 4 sides like Geelong, Hawthorn and Fremantle then we'd have to probably offer him $800k/year. Not worth that to me.
F/A IS A TRADE OFF. YOU PAY NOTHING AS FAR AS PICKS ETC GO TO GET EM BUT YOU PAY OVERS TO ENTICE EM. HAPPY TO PAY OVERS AS LONG AS WE MANAGE THE LIST PROPERLY. GOTTA GIVE EM A GOOD REASON TO COME .THE ONLY TICKET ITEM WE HAVE TO OFFER IS PAY HIM MONEY. IT AINT HARD FRONT LOAD HIS CONTRACT THIS YR, WE SUPPOSEDLY HAVE THE SPACE. SO PAY WAY OVER THIS YR AND 500 -600k  THE FOLLOWING YRS of his contract..

Whoops caps  on again sorry.  i feel for players like frawley, he  can definately play but has the weight of the world on his shoulders. he doesnt want to be there and hasnt for awhile id say. get him to any other  club and watch the change. well thats my take on it anyway. he has genuine strength in the core is exceptionally quick and very good at combating players on the lead. he has the right physical attributes to play f/b

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2014, 10:12:44 PM »
Can't get Gartlett. Doesn't fit our no aboriginees policy
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2014, 10:14:59 PM »

Which in turn fits in with our historical association with Tasmania....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2014, 10:16:02 PM »

truganini ?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2014, 10:25:02 PM »

truganini ?

Michael "ol' blue eyes" Mansell....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

the claw

« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2014, 10:36:59 PM »
i can understand why we are scared of taking em with our track record. thing is garlett has a pretty decent record to judge him by.hed be a pretty decent upgrade on any sml fwd we have had for a long while.

just on the tassie connection
i can still remember as a kid going to the hobart museum and looking at the aboriginal exhibits . for yrs there was the truginini exhibit and  this really old  photo of whites with aborigines draped over barbed wire fences after they had gone on a raid proudly displaying their trophys. they were hash times.we have a bit to answer for id say well or fore fathers do.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2014, 10:40:29 PM »
i can understand why we are scared of taking em with our track record. thing is garlett has a pretty decent record to judge him by.hed be a pretty decent upgrade on any sml fwd we have had for a long while.

just on the tassie connection
i can still remember as a kid going to the hobart museum and looking at the aboriginal exhibits . for yrs there was the truginini exhibit and  this really old  photo of whites with aborigines draped over barbed wire fences after they had gone on a raid proudly displaying their trophys. they were hash times.we have a bit to answer for id say well or fore fathers do.
All will be forgiven if we bring Gartlett to punt road

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2014, 10:41:55 PM »
Claw we have had one good aboriginal player since Rioli and thats Mitchell and lets be honest he wasnt great by any stretch either.

What they do with that centre god knows, but until they get their poo together i wouldnt touch any indigenous player with a ten foot pole. Not because i dont want them but because we have a rubbish culture in dealing with these guys.

Could you imagine if shaun burgoyne ended at Richmond. He would probably be in jail or caught hanging out with some bikie gang member.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2014, 10:43:26 PM »
Didn't rate Krakka ?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2014, 10:48:28 PM »
Didn't rate Krakka ?

i did say good mate. Like a Burgoyne, Betts, Ryder. Those types. We dont draft them for a reason because we cant develop them properly.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2014, 11:41:07 PM »
Giants' Dylan Shiel will not leave the club according to his manager.

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews

However, on Greenwood ... (from two days ago)

dustinlmartin instagram - "me and my boy @levi_greenwood"

http://instagram.com/p/tcbm3sRFal

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2014, 11:52:55 PM »
Didn't rate Krakka ?

If all Richmond matches were only ever was played in the rain at the MCG he'd nearly be up there with Maurice....

...so he then went to Collingwood who only ever play at MCG, though even Eddie couldn't control the weather......

- Thomas Sowell

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2014, 04:27:41 AM »
Levi Greenwood is yet to re-sign with North Melbourne as contract talks continue

Jay Clark
Herald-Sun
September 30, 2014

NORTH Melbourne sensation Levi Greenwood remains unsigned for next season only days out from an expected top-three finish in the best and fairest.

Greenwood enjoyed a career-best season and could yet take out his first Syd Barker Medal on Friday night.

But the hard nut is in limbo about his future with the club and his manager, Liam Pickering, still unable to agree to terms.

The club remains confident it will keep Greenwood and that a new deal for the ball-winner was not far away.

Industry sources estimated Greenwood, 25, was worth about $350,000 a season the back of his dazzling onball performance this season.

But it is believed North’s contract is worth significantly less and includes performance-based incentives.

Richmond is believed to be interested in landing another inside midfielder and has been linked to a possible move on Greenwood in next month’s trade period.

Greenwood won the third most clearances and fifth most possessions for the Roos this season.

Greenwood and veteran Brent Harvey are the favourites to win the club best and fairest award.

North could be restricted in its offer to Greenwood by its attempts to land free agents Jarrad Waite and Shaun Higgins.

North Melbourne has increased its offer to Greenwood from one season to two.

He has played 74 games since being taken with pick No. 32 in the 2007 national draft.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/levi-greenwood-is-yet-to-resign-with-north-melbourne-as-contract-talks-continue/story-fndv8rij-1227074360180

Rampstar

« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2014, 08:02:31 AM »
I would take Greenwood if available. All the clubs will be putting "work" into Miles next season, a seasoned hard nut that can get the footy out would be a great move for Richmond. It would also allow Cotchin to be more outside and not taking the hits that he does from opponents at the moment. Add a couple of fast outside midfielders, a ruck in the draft and maybe a kpp and that would be a decent trade and draft. having said all that I don't expect us to do anything. we never do.

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2014, 10:20:44 AM »
hahah cant get gartlett that's a good one in all honesty with the past 2 we have got in taylor and Roberts gartlett would be in the same class as an ablett hahahah