Author Topic: Richmond interested in Dylan Shiel [merged]  (Read 22671 times)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond interested in Levi Greenwood & Dylan Shiel (afl site)
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2014, 06:18:14 PM »
While id like dylan sheils it shouldnt be at any cost.  He would be a asset to replace newman or whomever

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2014, 06:27:31 PM »
I cant see why Nort would let Greenwood go. Its not as if they are under salary cap pressure or they shouldnt be and he played 22 games this year his stats are pretty good.  If this came up last year you might have thought hes a chance to go after 6 games and only 5 the year before.

Online yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2014, 06:28:15 PM »
Wasn't impressed with his kicking when we played GWS butchered the ball many times.

What happened to Hardwicks mantra must be able to kick?

tony_montana

« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2014, 06:31:11 PM »
Wasn't impressed with his kicking when we played GWS butchered the ball many times.

What happened to Hardwicks mantra must be able to kick?

yeah he was terrible that day - to those that have seen a lot more of him - is he worth our first round pick? Should we seriously be looking at offloading say a conca to wa or vickery and packaging up a couple of picks for O'Rourke and Shiels? Or would we be better off leaving them and going the draft?

the claw

« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2014, 06:43:51 PM »
greenwood ur kidding we don't need another so so player we need ones with polish and class that can win games for us not just be a tier player.

hes a yes  from me. would be a good get. i thought he had a very good season last yr 2013 despite playing  just 6 games of afl but  was good at werribee and it translated into the  afl games he did play. last yr he was pretty decent despite just 6 games.
hes gone on with it this yr at the top level and i cant believe nm have not resigned him at this stage.he would be up there with both swallow and cunnington for cps tackles and clearances the key stats for inside mids to me.he also can do a good run with role did na job on cotch if i remember.reckon nm will resign him and imo we are 1 yr too late to go aftewr him.  would be an ideal replacement for jackson imo.
if we had identified his 2013 at the end of 2013 and got him then we would have got him fairly cheap. now we will pay unless he walks.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2014, 06:46:30 PM »
not interested in greenwood, would struggle to get a game, GET shiel is my message  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2014, 07:29:44 PM »
not interested in greenwood, would struggle to get a game, GET shiel is my message  :shh
I'd be happy with either.  Obviously more so if we got Shiel, but either would be an upgrade.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

the claw

« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2014, 07:41:24 PM »
oh im interested in both i dont believe we will get either.

we have a lot of areas to fix and build real depth.midfield is one of them. if getting both and one or two other mids is what we do then so be it. target the area and then move to the next area.imo we need roughly 6 mids both inside and out. our trouble is we do need to address other areas asap as well.so it may be only two or three mids this trade draft period.if we got both greenwood and shiel it would be a good start.

seniors - greenwood, deledio, cotchin, miles, martin, shiel, ellis, foley.vlastuin .
reserves - arnot, grigg, conca, knights,thomas, edwards??.  plus 3 others. it would total 18 mids wich is about whats needed for both seniors and reserves and cater to the various stages of development mature devevelopment and juniors.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2014, 07:48:38 PM »
Why ??
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2014, 07:48:57 PM »
 Shiel is nothing special imo
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2014, 07:54:35 PM »
FFS even claw can see what I'm talking about here.

Conca and pick 11 to WCE for pick 10 and 30.

Vickery (and pick 31 if necessary) for Greenwood.

Grab Higgins as a FA MAYBE??

Pick 10 and pick 30 for Dylan Shiel.

Out:
Conca (doesn't look an A grader)
Vickery (doesn't look an A grader)
Pick 11
Pick 31

In:
Greenwood (looks an A grader based on this year)
Shiel (A grader)
Higgins (mid/fwd depth)
Pick 31 maybe

And there's your midfield depth. Shiel 180/84, Greenwood 181/87, Higgins 184/89. Three big bodied blokes who can play inside midfield straight away, no need for our hit/miss development.

Frees up Cotchin to go forward and Deledio to go the half back to provide rebound.

Midfield = Greenwood, Shiel, Higgins, Miles, Foley, Edwards, Ellis, Vlastuin, Cotchin (part time), Deledio (part time), Martin (part time).
Forward = Riewoldt, Griffiths, ? McBean, Gordon, Lloyd, Cotchin (part time), Martin (part time), Deledio (part time).
Back = Astbury (if he can reproduce 2014 early form), Rance, Chaplin (3rd tall/3rd up), Grimes (can play small, fast runner), Morris (post shoulder surgery), Deledio (part time), Houli etc

Gives us the midfield depth we need, and big bodies to protect the smaller blokes like Chimp.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2014, 08:03:58 PM »
Don't mind swapping conca for shiel but TV for greenwood no way, would leave us light on in the rucks...greenwood is really an arnot that s been given a go...that is all
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2014, 08:08:58 PM »
Similar size to Arnot yes, but he's averaged 25 touches per game and kicked 16 goals in 22 matches this year. Already has more finals experience than practically anybody at our club. Far superior to Arnot.

As for rucks we have Maric (1st), Griffiths (FWD/ruck), we're still stuck with Hampson who despite being a nothing player is at least a reasonable tap-ruckman. Don't think I'd be too worried losing Vickery, and there's no reason we couldn't pick up another ruck. Could even try to get Shiel + Giles as a package?

One thing for sure, I certainly wouldn't hang onto TV for ruck depth.

the claw

« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2014, 09:31:47 PM »
Similar size to Arnot yes, but he's averaged 25 touches per game and kicked 16 goals in 22 matches this year. Already has more finals experience than practically anybody at our club. Far superior to Arnot.

As for rucks we have Maric (1st), Griffiths (FWD/ruck), we're still stuck with Hampson who despite being a nothing player is at least a reasonable tap-ruckman. Don't think I'd be too worried losing Vickery, and there's no reason we couldn't pick up another ruck. Could even try to get Shiel + Giles as a package?

One thing for sure, I certainly wouldn't hang onto TV for ruck depth.
dont think greenwood an a grader but a pretty decent prospect b grader and b grade for me is somewhere aroiund good to v/good.

to me we could take it further and go hard for frawley thus build some real kpd depth,  get garlett address the immediate sml fwd need. somehow snag shiel and greenwood.
if we arent  going to address needs this way then we really should be looking to trade players for picks. this doesnt seem an option as most of those with any sort of trade value have been resigned.

best 22 with the above scenario.
fb  morris - frawley - rance
hb mcintosh/vlastuin  - astbury - clem  smith 2nd rounder.
c  deledio - cotchin - ellis
r  maric - miles = shiel
hf  martin - #### - lennon
ff  garlett - riewoldt - griffiths
int/ vlastuin - greenwood - foley - knights if fit.
theres a lot of wishful thinking going on there.

magoos theres a lot of gloom here as i think i would replace em all over the next two or three yrs apart from two or three.
b/  dea - chaplin - batchelor
hb/ houli - #### - grimes
c/ #### - thomas - grigg
r/ hampson - arnot - edwards
hf gordon - elton - petterd
ff/ lloyd - mcbean  - vickery
the lack of good talls right thru ruck to 3rd tall hits you in the face. the lack of mids also.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2014, 09:44:13 PM »
Yeah I'd like to see them have a crack at Garlett. Not sold on Frawley for the price he's asking though.

If he's getting offers of $500-600k/year from top 4 sides like Geelong, Hawthorn and Fremantle then we'd have to probably offer him $800k/year. Not worth that to me.