Author Topic: Richmond interested in Dylan Shiel [merged]  (Read 22669 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Richmond interested in Levi Greenwood & Dylan Shiel (afl site)
« Reply #285 on: October 07, 2014, 05:03:57 PM »
CAUSE MATT THOMAS IS VERY SLOW AND THAT WAS FOUND OUT IN THE LATTER PART OF THE SEASON :thumbsup

Hang on, isn't Thomas an inside mid??

tony_montana

« Reply #286 on: October 07, 2014, 05:25:17 PM »
CAUSE MATT THOMAS IS VERY SLOW AND THAT WAS FOUND OUT IN THE LATTER PART OF THE SEASON :thumbsup

Yes, slow and unskilled.

It ain't enough just to be a ball winner is my point. Matt Thomas is my example.

Thomas's weaknesses are significant. His kicking is about as bad as Ive seen since kellaway. Is there a worse kick in the afl? I noticed in quite a few games that Thomas was invariably left in space when he had the ball and was forced to kick, teams cottoned on pretty quick.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #287 on: October 07, 2014, 06:13:22 PM »

Yes, slow and unskilled.

It ain't enough just to be a ball winner is my point. Matt Thomas is my example.

Thomas's weaknesses are significant. His kicking is about as bad as Ive seen since kellaway. Is there a worse kick in the afl? I noticed in quite a few games that Thomas was invariably left in space when he had the ball and was forced to kick, teams cottoned on pretty quick.

Yes, that is why to say that the job if inside mids is 'to get it to the outside mids' is too simplistic. You cant just be wrecking ball in modern football. You've got to have some skills as well otherwise you are a liability. That is my point, no more no less.

tony_montana

« Reply #288 on: October 07, 2014, 06:17:41 PM »

Yes, slow and unskilled.

Yes, that is why to say that the job if inside mids is 'to get it to the outside mids' is too simplistic. You cant just be wrecking ball in modern football. You've got to have some skills as well otherwise you are a liability. That is my point, no more no less.

So you're saying Greenwood is no better than Thomas? Bc whilst Andy said he's an inside mid, I think we can all agree he's got a fair bit more polish than Thomas!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #289 on: October 07, 2014, 06:23:10 PM »

Yes, slow and unskilled.

So you're saying Greenwood is no better than Thomas? Bc whilst Andy said he's an inside mid, I think we can all agree he's got a fair bit more polish than Thomas!

No....Greenwood is clearly better, and more polished. I never compared the two. I was responding to Andy's comment 'These are inside mids. Their job is to get it to the outside mids. Not deliver I50'
My post above explains what my point was pretty clearly. I don't think I need to go over it again. Lets move on.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #290 on: October 07, 2014, 07:00:31 PM »
TM is right.

My point is that Greenwood > Thomas.

He'll, even Miles ain't a great kick.

You want fellas like Cotchin, Deledio, Martin and Riewoldt kicking inside the F50.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #291 on: October 07, 2014, 07:04:13 PM »
TM is right.

My point is that Greenwood > Thomas.

He'll, even Miles ain't a great kick.

You want fellas like Cotchin, Deledio, Martin and Riewoldt kicking inside the F50.
Miles is a beautiful kick mate. Take another look, he really surprised me with his kicking. Can kick it a long way too for a tiny bloke.

the claw

« Reply #292 on: October 07, 2014, 07:55:37 PM »
does anyone know mitch hallahans contract status. if we want to go after an inside mid this is the bloke id chase.
just turned 22 has done a fantastic apprenticship and can really play. the next anthony miles like impact on the comp if you ask me.
shame about greenwood. dont think hes a one yr wonder imo hes been tracking in the right dirction in particular the last two yrs.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #293 on: October 07, 2014, 07:59:54 PM »
does anyone know mitch hallahans contract status. if we want to go after an inside mid this is the bloke id chase.
just turned 22 has done a fantastic apprenticship and can really play. the next anthony miles like impact on the comp if you ask me.
shame about greenwood. dont think hes a one yr wonder imo hes been tracking in the right dirction in particular the last two yrs.
He is very good. Doubt he'd be out of contract though…..
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #294 on: October 07, 2014, 08:02:25 PM »
Im pretty sure Graham Wright said on Friday ??, he is contracted after a club asked the question

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #295 on: October 07, 2014, 08:52:56 PM »
Daniel Jackson, 27 years of age wins our B&F.
The club would have been torn apart if we'd offered him a 4 year $400k contract on the back of that!!
Yet people are screaming the club down for not offering it to a guy nearly the same age, with half the amount of games who has been a plodder at best until this season.
I look forward to the club offering Arnot a similar contract after his break out season in 2-3 years from now....

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #296 on: October 07, 2014, 09:20:28 PM »
Daniel Jackson, 27 years of age wins our B&F.
The club would have been torn apart if we'd offered him a 4 year $400k contract on the back of that!!
Yet people are screaming the club down for not offering it to a guy nearly the same age, with half the amount of games who has been a plodder at best until this season.
I look forward to the club offering Arnot a similar contract after his break out season in 2-3 years from now....
And they still have to offer a pick or player for him to get to the pies….. :whistle

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #297 on: October 07, 2014, 09:39:44 PM »
Shiel is the only one I want too hear about, but that wouldnt create such amusement now would it.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #298 on: October 07, 2014, 09:58:36 PM »
Shiel is the only one I want too hear about, but that wouldnt create such amusement now would it.
Very true CUB.  Although some here knock him, I think he is second only to WHE in their team of mids.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #299 on: October 07, 2014, 10:02:22 PM »
close thread neither are coming here pointless discussing
Lots of people name their swords......