Author Topic: Richmond interested in Dylan Shiel [merged]  (Read 22633 times)

Offline sugark

• Premiership Captain
Re: Richmond interested in Dylan Shiel [merged]
« Reply #375 on: April 21, 2015, 08:10:27 PM »
Will go to Hawthorn with the buddy money

Make up your mind, you earlier said he will be at Collingwood????????

It seems that you just say that he'll be anywhere other than Richmond, you nor I know what he will do

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #376 on: April 21, 2015, 10:20:38 PM »
Mrakovs team would have used a fair whack of the buddy money on Frawley any way.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Victorian clubs are circling out of contract former Victorian and GWS Giants midfielder Dylan Shiel

Jon Ralph
Herald-Sun
April 30, 2015 9:00PM

DYLAN Shiel’s market value continues to skyrocket, with the Greater Western Sydney midfielder in no hurry to decide on his future at the club.

The GWS on-baller is out of contract at season’s end and being aggressively pursued by Victorian clubs given his impressive resume.

He is second in the AFL coaches award behind Fremantle’s Nathan Fyfe but the former Caulfield Grammar School student admits the pull of home remains.

He continues to tell the Giants he is not ready to talk about a deal, content to let his deal roll until later in the season.

He would perfectly fit Richmond’s needs if the former Carlton supporter did decide to return home, but it would take a huge package to compensate GWS.

His girlfriend’s father is Richmond development coach Mark Williams, yet every Victorian club has inquired about his availability.

The Tigers have significant cap space after missing out on several trade targets last year including Jack Trengove.

After taking five selections in last year’s draft they could easily sell to their members a trade which included a quality player and their first pick.

The 22-year-old lives in Coogee and is enjoying the Sydney lifestyle but said this month he would let the season play out without a decision on his future.

“At the moment I’m just looking forward to playing out the year. I’ll leave the negotiations to my manager and the Giants, but all good signs so far,” he said.

“I won’t lie, it’s always hard obviously with family down in Melbourne and friends but like any player you go through challenges.

“I feel like the club is really good at understanding the wellbeing of the players. Everyone has a really good lifestyle here at the club.”

Richmond has salary cap room for a player like Shiel and wants goalkicking midfielders, although he has kicked only 30 in his 54 games so far.

The Giants have been able to secure Jeremy Cameron and Devon Smith on new deals and believe team success will be a key factor in retaining their stars.

All of Shiel, Adam Treloar, Stephen Coniglio and Will Hoskin-Elliott are unsigned but believe team success is a massive part of their decision.

Hoskin-Eliott said last week his preference was to stay but would get some form up after a recent injury before considering a contract.

Shiel’s former teammate Tom Boyd was able to secure a $1 million-a-season contract that saw the Western Bulldogs give up captain Ryan Griffen and selection six.

It was seen as a game-changing trade yet underlines not only the bounty ahead of Shiel but the type of offer GWS would need if Shiel returned home.

GWS refused to comment yesterday on Shiel’s status

Coach Leon Cameron told the Herald Sun after last year’s draft he believed his stars would rebuff massive offers from Victorian clubs.

“If you have a really good culture and footy program and know where you want to go, success always overrides (huge offers),” he told the Herald Sun.

“Treloar, Cameron and Shiel came in as 17-year-olds and the loyalty they have shown in five years has been fantastic.

“I sometimes think we underestimate how loyal they have been. I am really confident when we continue our journey in 2015 and we are all looking for more wins, the signatures will take care of themselves.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/victorian-clubs-are-circling-out-of-contract-former-victorian-and-gws-giants-midfielder-dylan-shiel/story-fndv7pj3-1227329066169

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Carlton will get him as Judd will retire and that will free up a million dollars plus
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
It's not all about the almighty dollar  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
It's not all about the almighty dollar  ::)

Yep.

It's about loyalty.

Will probably stay at GWS, they are building nicely

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Shiel wants to be part of our footy club, says Giants' coach Leon Cameron:

Read more at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-03/shiel-wants-to-be-part-of-our-footy-club-says-cameron

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #382 on: May 30, 2015, 03:33:57 AM »
Victorian clubs to miss on Giants' young guns Dylan Shiel and Will Hoskin-Elliott

Jake Niall
     The Age
    May 30, 2015

Greater Western Sydney appear set to fend off Victorian raiders and secure both outstanding young midfielder Dylan Shiel and talented forward Will Hoskin-Elliott.

The Giants have started contract negotiations with the management of Shiel and Hoskin-Elliott, both of whom have indicated a wish to remain with the fledgling club, instead of returning to any one of several Victorian clubs who were keen to lure them home.

Both players are coming out of contract this year.

Shiel is understood to be looking at a two-year contract extension, which would keep him at GWS until the end of 2017.

Shiel, 22, is among the game's best-performed players this year. Virtually every Melbourne club has made inquiries about whether he would be available.

Tellingly, Shiel's desire to stay has been influenced by the left footer's wish to play in a premiership team. While the Giants are expected to pay Shiel handsomely, like most sought-after players he would certainly fare better financially if he was willing to move clubs.

Read more at: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/victorian-clubs-to-miss-on-giants-young-guns-dylan-shiel-and-will-hoskinelliott-20150529-ghcte8.html

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #383 on: May 30, 2015, 06:59:38 AM »
Well this is a shame, good for GWS but crap for us.. ;D

So we need to focus on Treloar now!! Or did he sign earlier?
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #384 on: May 30, 2015, 08:04:55 AM »
Lol

Well who didn't see this coming. Yet another quality player who rejects the Tigers

Forget Treloar- pies according to Barrett or Giants

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #385 on: May 30, 2015, 08:21:03 AM »
 :(

I reckon I've been set on this kid for what? 3 years or close to it now...
That's flattening news... can we look at someone else? I never even bothered as I was set on him  :whistle
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #386 on: May 30, 2015, 09:01:11 AM »
Extremely difficult to pick up these guys from GWS/GCS once they're clearly elite. Need to target the talented types who are fringe 22 guys.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #387 on: May 30, 2015, 10:25:18 AM »
Like Wiley and jaksch, be careful , don't worry though , fj could find a needle in a haystack when it comes to talent  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #388 on: May 30, 2015, 11:31:21 AM »
A manufactured team that no-one cares about is going to dominate the league for a decade. That should really pack them in and send the ratings through the roof. Won't get old fast at all.

Good luck AFL, looks like you going to get what you wished for...and you know what they say about that.....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #389 on: May 30, 2015, 11:38:47 AM »
Lol

Well who didn't see this coming. Yet another quality player who rejects the Tigers

Forget Treloar- pies according to Barrett or Giants

And he rejected 17 other clubs...
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.