Author Topic: professional web presence  (Read 1084 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
professional web presence
« on: December 20, 2013, 10:16:23 AM »
In this day and age of technology, how is this presentation of our team acceptable??

Surely someone at the club knows how to use photoshop. I could have had them all done and dusted in about 10 minutes. To have a Swans Jumper present on our site and for two of our recruits to have no picture at all is unacceptable!! Have the website developers gone for Christmas already??

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: professional web presence
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 10:19:49 AM »
Where the EFF is Taylor Petrenko!!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 11:51:40 AM »
Was hoping this would be good news,.

Not sure what happened with the numbers, they definitely were there and correct, will fix that up.

re: photos, our team photos/headshots are taken at once in Feb, what is the issue with the Hampson photo?

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 12:15:57 PM »
The Port Adelaide website still have Whitey in his Richmond gear.

However Collingwood and Sydney at least have their new recruits in the appropriate colours.

No club that I looked at had their new recruits with professional head shots yet.
Unleash the tornado

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 12:18:14 PM »
Stig since you explained that all pics are done in Feb I understand you can't put up official photos and its the reason why Hampson is just a headshot, but to put up a pic of Gordon in a Swans Jumper is a little disappointing. Surely a quick snap of all our new recruits in an official polo would look a whole lot better than seeing them in opposition colours.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 01:14:15 PM »
Stig since you explained that all pics are done in Feb I understand you can't put up official photos and its the reason why Hampson is just a headshot, but to put up a pic of Gordon in a Swans Jumper is a little disappointing. Surely a quick snap of all our new recruits in an official polo would look a whole lot better than seeing them in opposition colours.

Pretty sure they all had a photo with the Richmond jumper on for the Herald Sun. Why couldn't someone quickly snap a picture of them for the website?

Photoshop not allowed?

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 01:54:59 PM »
Was hoping this would be good news,.

Not sure what happened with the numbers, they definitely were there and correct, will fix that up.

re: photos, our team photos/headshots are taken at once in Feb, what is the issue with the Hampson photo?

The issue is its a multi-million dollar empire & very unprofessional & something the supporters do not want to see on there club website that they pour millions of dollars into. Fix it  :banghead

Offline hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 02:26:29 PM »
agreed - it is christmas and it is busy... but it's a 10 minute job per head at absolute worst.

Especially for the web - lower resolution = smaller file-size & less work.

If the club is looking for a new senior graphic designer i know of a guy who'd be perfect for the role "wink wink".  ;)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 02:37:19 PM »
How hard is it to set 5 minutes aside to have these guys pull on a jumper and have a solo shot taken until Feb?

It looks like a  shitman country team that is run by old moles.

Cant show continuity on a frikken web page so how do u expect them to show it on a field.

Pathetic
Caracella and Balmey.