Author Topic: Demetriou set to resign?  (Read 10000 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Demetriou set to resign?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2014, 10:37:10 AM »
profits are up!  :cheers

fun is down  :(

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 10:45:47 AM »
Can someone please explain what Demetriou was supposed to have done with the Essendon crisis?

My biggest issue with the Essendon fiasco is (a) the comments he made and (b) the backroom deals done to get to the punishment Ramps

His comments have come back to bite him on the behind.

His comment about Hird not getting paid when Hird was indeed getting and then getting a years salary before Xmas. That one simply made Andy D look incredibly stupid

His comments about the Dons Club Doctor, his comments about the AFL not doing deals on that outcome when cleary they did has hurt him and quite rightly

Then there is the final punishment - the fact that they actually did any type of deal was pathetic.

There was no need to do any deal IMHO. The Bombers should not have been able to "negotiate" their punishment. My view was there shouldn't have been any backroom deals and if the Bombers didn't like the penalties then let them go through with their threat of taking the AFL to court. Because again IMO the Bumblings wouldn't have done it, they had far too much to lose
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 10:55:25 AM »
Can someone please explain what Demetriou was supposed to have done with the Essendon crisis?
You asked the question and I'll give you the answer.

Firstly, he erred in tipping off Essendon about the ACC and ASADA.  They destroyed as much evidence as they could after the tip off.  What he did was illegal.  FFS even Essendon claimed he tipped them off!

Secondly, he should have never allowed the AFL to be co-investigators and sit WITH ASADA.  That means all evidence ASADA gained he was privy to. That in turn meant that he could warn Essendon or leak to the media sensitive information etc etc.  He had too much of a pecuniary interest in the situation to be allowed to do this.

He then allows Essendon off with a feather duster punishment and James Hird gets a million dollar sabbatical on the French Riviera as his penance.  Wow with punishment like that who needs rewards!

With the tanking fiasco, he kept telling us that it didn't exist like we were all idiots. Then and he finds a couple of scapegoats and fines the club money which then he gives back to them as AFL help.  That is just pee poor governance.

My dead granny could have done as good a job him.  The game is so good it sells itself.  The money from the TV rights would have come in regardless of the CEO.

So what has he done that has you in such raptures?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 10:58:45 AM »
Conspiracy theory? My theory

Vlad covered this up to protect essendon, to protect the money, mostly from TV rights. This is why EFC fans are very, very stupid. The AFL does not want bad things to happen to efc as it harms the game (in the eyes of vlad) and harms the bottom line

Dollars before integrity.

Hence many people will stop flowing the sport IMO if no bans comes out.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:31:52 AM by Judge Roughneck »

tony_montana

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2014, 11:11:10 AM »
 :clapping :cheers

Everything said above, good riddance

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2014, 11:44:55 AM »
Firstly, he erred in tipping off Essendon about the ACC and ASADA.  They destroyed as much evidence as they could after the tip off.  What he did was illegal.  FFS even Essendon claimed he tipped them off!

That is an incredibly serious allegation one that I don't think has been proven or one at least he has denied.

Andy D admitted that he spoke to David Evans but he has said that he didn't tell him that Essendon was the AFL team under investigation because he didn't know whcih teams were

Both the ACC and now ASADA have confirmed this. You are implying that they are lying as I said that is an extremely serious allegation

As for the EFC claiming Andy D tipped them off. All they have ever said is that he spoke to Evans on the night he was having a crisis meeting about their supplement program. Hird allegedly claimed in his evidence he believed Evans had been tipped off but there has never been one concrete piece of proof that it ever happened.

I suppose it comes down to who you believe and for mine if it's choices between believing Adny D or one J Hird then I'll go with with Andy D and that's saying something

Regarding evidence being destroyed, again that is a serious allegation and I cannot TBH remember reading one article about any evidence being destroyed**** (see below), just that the incompetence of the EFC meant they had no proper records of what was administered to who. Bit hard to destroy evidence when there isn't any.

****I currently have OER's legal eagles looking into what you've posted YBB - not sure there is public record of what you've said so it may need to be removed****
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:19:47 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2014, 11:53:40 AM »
More so - apparently essendon have not destroyed evidence but rather keep no evidence and hence have injected unknown drugs

He (Paul Yoda Little) could not say exactly what drugs were administered to the Essendon players during 2012 nor predict whether the players faced penalties from ASADA

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-chairman-says-hird-will-return-a-better-person-20140207-327l8.html

into young / healthy (?) young men. The like of TA65 is an apparent cancer risk ie. promotes the growth of cancer and other drugs not fit for use of humans and used often on horses. Lube-and-All comes to mind.

Hence Vlads role is not only unethical, but rather illegal I would have thought trying to make such things 'go away' so the so called good of the game

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2014, 12:24:37 PM »

That is an incredibly serious allegation one that I don't think has been proven**** (see below) or one at least he has denied

Andy D admitted that he spoke to David Evans but he has said that he didn't tell him that Essendon was the AFL team under investigation because he didn't know whcih teams were

Both the ACC and now ASADA have confirmed this. You are implying that they are lying as I said that is an extremely serious allegation

As for the EFC claiming Andy D tipped them off. All they have ever said is that he spoke to Evans on the night he was having a crisis meeting about their supplement program. Hird allegedly claimed in his eveidence he believed Evans had been tipped off but there has never been one concrete piece of proof that it ever happened.

I suppose it comes down to who you believe and for mine if it's choices between believing Adny D or one J Hird then I'll go with with Andy D and that's saying something

****I currently have OER's legal eagles looking into what you've posted YBB - not sure there is public record of what you've said so it may need to be removed****

Well I have emails from February 2012 that show I knew about Dank and what was happening at Essendon back a year before it was announced. If I knew and have little to do with Essendon, I would be certain that AD knew too. 
So if he hears a team is being investigated by the ACC then of course he would know what team that was!!!!  He wouldn't have to be told.  Knowing what team it was,  it would be easy for him to phone them and warn them.  As I have stated, James Hird categorically said that Vlad tipped them off and he was at that meeting that night!!!!  That is on public record.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2014, 12:32:12 PM »
More so - apparently essendon have not destroyed evidence but rather keep no evidence and hence have injected unknown drugs

He (Paul Yoda Little) could not say exactly what drugs were administered to the Essendon players during 2012 nor predict whether the players faced penalties from ASADA

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/essendon-chairman-says-hird-will-return-a-better-person-20140207-327l8.html

into young / healthy (?) young men. The like of TA65 is an apparent cancer risk ie. promotes the growth of cancer and other drugs not fit for use of humans and used often on horses. Lube-and-All comes to mind.

Hence Vlads role is not only unethical, but rather illegal I would have thought trying to make such things 'go away' so the so called good of the game

Again you are making a serious allegation that is factual incorrect  :banghead

The punishment that the EFC received was based on the joint investigation of the AFL & ASADA. The penalites were club penalties and penalties against individuals for bringing the game into disrepute. They were not penalties that have anything to with what people took. That's becasue at that time that invesitgation was not complete

The ASADA report was an interim report not the final one. So based on that fact no players could be punished. Like it or not that is how it is until the investigation/report is finished. What players were or were not given is a matter for ASADA to determine not the AFL.

They are 2 very different issues

You can make an case for the ethical side of things but to suggest that Demetriou has done something illegal is ridiculous. He wasn't involved in the Essendon program he had nothing to do with it.

By all means whack him for how the AFL handled their investigation but don't whack him or anyone else who wasn't aware (until it was far too late) of what the Bombers were up to 

tony_montana

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2014, 12:34:06 PM »

That is an incredibly serious allegation one that I don't think has been proven or one at least he has denied.

As for the EFC claiming Andy D tipped them off. All they have ever said is that he spoke to Evans on the night he was having a crisis meeting about their supplement program. Hird allegedly claimed in his evidence he believed Evans had been tipped off but there has never been one concrete piece of proof that it ever happened.

Regarding evidence being destroyed, again that is a serious allegation and I cannot TBH remember reading one article about any evidence being destroyed**** (see below), just that the incompetence of the EFC meant they had no proper records of what was administered to who. Bit hard to destroy evidence when there isn't any.

Its called connecting the dots, everyone bar ASADA has done it.

Its pretty obvious or was that phone call just a random how do you do call where the head honchos of Essendon were all just conveniently together at the one place? 

Also, regardless of what the story being peddled is, nobody is gullible enough to truly believe Essendon didn't keep records of a major supplement regime. Did they just keep mental notes?

please..

dwaino

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2014, 12:39:13 PM »
My theory is he is a reptilian and is going to return to his homeworld with Obama once he is out of office.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2014, 12:42:28 PM »

Can you clarify which part?

What players were or were not given is a matter for ASADA to determine not the AFL.

Incorrect. The EFC ie. Little have repetitively stated they "do not know what drugs the players injected".

We can extrapolate from that they are unsure of what drugs were given...

I dont believe repeating what efc/little have said is defamation or legally shaky ground.

to suggest that Demetriou has done something illegal is ridiculous. He wasn't involved in the Essendon program he had nothing to do with it.

By all means whack him for how the AFL handled their investigation but don't whack him or anyone else who wasn't aware (until it was far too late) of what the Bombers were up to

Wp -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0K220uHa0s

* to inject players with unknown drugs is clearly very very bad.
* of course efc know what drugs where given. however as they are wada banned, they pretend to not know / destory evidence. (<--- IMO)
* The Australian Medical Association stipulates you must record what drugs you are injecting into sportsman. To not be able to produce such documentation is indeed illigal I beleive.
Hence evidence has been destroyed or non legal actions taken place. Even rats used for scientific experiments have this rights.
* so the position we find our self in is Demetriou not wanting EFC banned, as this will harm the game in regards to money. Hence vlad supports the injecting of unknown drugs indirectly.

At the end of the day the AFL and the AFL CEO have a massive vested interst in not losing essendon players to two year bans for doping. Billion dollar TV rights come to mind.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2014, 12:43:09 PM »
Well I have emails from February 2012 that show I knew about Dank and what was happening at Essendon back a year before it was announced. If I knew and have little to do with Essendon, I would be certain that AD knew too. 
So if he hears a team is being investigated by the ACC then of course he would know what team that was!!!!  He wouldn't have to be told.  Knowing what team it was,  it would be easy for him to phone them and warn them.  As I have stated, James Hird categorically said that Vlad tipped them off and he was at that meeting that night!!!!  That is on public record.

You may not have noticed but I have edited my post to remove my concerns about the "tip off" part of your post to the "destroying evidence" claim

1/ I am aware of what Hird has said, but it is his version of events and he was trying to save his bacon. That too is on public record.

2/ You are accusing the ACC of leaking information to the AFL. Forget about the AFL for a moment this has been denied by the ACC because the have said they didn't inform any sporting body of the teams involced until that day in Canberra.

3/ Again you accusing Andy D of lying and that is a very serious allegation

4/ You claim that the EFC "destroyed evidence" as I said in my amended post I haven't seen one article about evidence being destroyed and that is the thing I am concerend about re the Forum. Again that is a very serious allegation and unless you can supply some sort of proof then it may need to be removed

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2014, 12:50:27 PM »

You may not have noticed but I have edited my post to remove my concerns about the "tip off" part of your post to the "destroying evidence" claim

1/ I am aware of what Hird has said, but it is his version of events and he was trying to save his bacon. That too is on public record.

2/ You are accusing the ACC of leaking information to the AFL. Forget about the AFL for a moment this has been denied by the ACC because the have said they didn't inform any sporting body of the teams involced until that day in Canberra.

3/ Again you accusing Andy D of lying and that is a very serious allegation

4/ You claim that the EFC "destroyed evidence" as I said in my amended post I haven't seen one article about evidence being destroyed and that is the thing I am concerend about re the Forum. Again that is a very serious allegation and unless you can supply some sort of proof then it may need to be removed
Where did I say the ACC leaked anything??????????
They never told AD anything.  They didn't need to. He already knew. As I said, if I knew, surely he did too!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2014, 12:55:52 PM »

Can you clarify which part?

[/quote]

This part

"Hence Vlads role is not only unethical, but rather illegal I would have thought trying to make such things 'go away' so the so called good of the game

You are accusing him of doing something illegal

As I said a very serious allegation and based on what we know; factually incorrect

Wp -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0K220uHa0s

* to inject players with unknown drugs is clearly very very bad.
* of course efc know what drugs where given. however as they are wada banned, they pretend to not know / destory evidence. (<--- IMO)
* so the position we find our self in is Demetriou not wanting EFC banned, as this will harm the game in regards to money. Hence vlad supports the injecting of unknown drugs indirectly.

Bent's I am not disputing for 1 second let alone 1 minute that injecting players with unknown drugs is "very bad". Very bad is putting it mildly. It is digusting, morally bankrupt and unforgivable. That isn't in dispute

But you are making an assumption of the AFL not wanting the EFC banned. That is not correct because with regard to the drug issue it is a matter for ASADA to sort out. The AFL is a signatory to the WADA code therefore bound to follow their rules & regulations. For the AFL to ban players at this stage would breach those rules but also run the risk of impeding any ASADA finding. Is that what you want? Any punishment they handed out to Essendon last August needed to ensure that it didnt damage any future ADASA findings punishment

Would you be happy if the AFL went whack suspensed players and then next month when the full completed ASADA findings are released they are unable to do anything because of what the AFL did previously? Doubt you would

BTW I am not sure who you can come to the conclusion that he supports any form of players taking drugs when on his watch the AFL was the first sporting body in this country to bring in out of competition testing  ::)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:54:58 PM by WilliamPowell »