Author Topic: The not so weekly 'bottom six' thread.  (Read 5198 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: The not so weekly 'bottom six' thread.
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2014, 10:34:37 PM »
No I must have completely missed it in my review, whatever it was, was immaterial compared to the upteen cluster stuffs our forwards made of 58 x I50s  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

gerkin greg

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2014, 10:34:49 PM »
Ricky Petterd's AFL Career Epitaph: Delisted from Melbourne, also played for Richmond.

I mean, just lol

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2014, 10:37:52 PM »
Petterd was in our best dozen. Didn't have a great game but far from our worst. Some just aimlessly pick a player without genuinely looking at their performance. Can guarantee he will play against Carlton.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2014, 10:42:18 PM »
I crossed the white line at senior level, Mr Magic. Highly doubt you ever did. I'm entitled to express my opinion. You have bagged many blokes on here and I didn't see you finish off your posts with "but they're actually champions because they play AFL". 

BJ, a bloke ducking his head when going for a mark is as embarrassing as it gets, especially when one of our boys had done well to protect Petterd. Late 4th quarter, Ablett got a goal from it.

Petterd was in our best dozen. Didn't have a great game but far from our worst. Some just aimlessly pick a player without genuinely looking at their performance. Can guarantee he will play against Carlton.

Our best dozen were bloody amazing  :clapping Oh you can guarantee he will play against Carlton  :bow I can guarantee Vickery will play against them too. Gee he was brilliant as well.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2014, 10:53:38 PM »
I'm entitled to express my opinion.

Never said you weren't no matter how big a dick you come across as (IMO) with the post I highlighted.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2014, 10:57:49 PM »
I'm entitled to express my opinion.

Never said you weren't no matter how big a dick you come across as (IMO) with the post I highlighted.

I might come across as a dick to you but I know what I'm on about. Petterd isn't a good player, he didn't have a good game and he absolutely shat himself late in the game and it cost us. What is this "far from our worst" rubbish people use to defend players? So what. Doesn't mean his game  was acceptable. I reckon Chimp, Lids, Thomas & Hampson were our only players who should have walked off the field thinking their game was passable.

the claw

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2014, 11:01:41 PM »
How's petterd in bottom 6 ahead of say Ellis or jack or plenty of others
20 possies
70% eff
10 contested
1 goal
Couple of tackles
Yea woeful game  ::)
dont rely on stats #17. i mean  grigg had it 30 times and 10 of em was contested. yet his game was pathetic.
for what its worth i didnt put petterd in the bottom 6 but  despite the stats i thought his game ordinary. we just cant afford to play so many glass half full types like him.
petterd is typical of yrs gone by. gives more than a development player but just doesnt have the quality to take us anywhere.
if we want a mid find a way to promote miles. if we want a forward get some games into the likes of ohanlon and lennon. if we want a defender plget games into mcintosh. for us and where we are at it really still has a lot to do with development.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2014, 11:04:32 PM »
I reckon Chimp, Lids, Thomas & Hampson were our only players who should have walked off the field thinking their game was passable.

I thought they all played well. Hampson and Thomas in particular were a revelation.
There were many who had 'passable' games and quite a few who were poor. Petterd fell into the middle bracket.
Not useless but that's just my opinion.

We lost by 18 points against a vastly improved side on their home turf. Sky not falling just yet..

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2014, 02:55:38 AM »
The thing with Petterd and Newman is what are their purposes out there? What are their roles? Neither are really small forwards. They can't crumb off the spillages that our 3 pronged tall attack can create. They're both slow as treacle. Neither can rotate into the midfield. Neither offer any sort of real defensive pressure. Neither can rotate into the midfield. What are they doing in the team? Genuine question...

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2014, 02:56:39 AM »
vickery
riewoldt
houli
ellis
grigg
chaplin.
could possibly  replace 3 or 4 of em with others who werent too far behind.
whacky inflatable arm waving tube man can become the no.1 target.  :banghead

I will ask you this once. Are you from over "there"? ;D
Depends where "there" is?  :whistle

If it's the one you usually refer to as there then no. If it's elsewhere then probably.  :whistle

tony_montana

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2014, 08:28:41 AM »
I crossed the white line at senior level, Mr Magic. Highly doubt you ever did. I'm entitled to express my opinion. You have bagged many blokes on here and I didn't see you finish off your posts with "but they're actually champions because they play AFL". 

BJ, a bloke ducking his head when going for a mark is as embarrassing as it gets, especially when one of our boys had done well to protect Petterd. Late 4th quarter, Ablett got a goal from it.

spot on, and not long after that he went for a mark when one v one vs Prestia misjudged it when he could've just made a contest and spilt it over the boundary, instead prestia ran the length of the ground and they goaled from it, GG... 2 late goals came directly from these 2 howlers. If you watch this guy in every match, when the tempo lifts and the opposition is coming at us, he drops his bundle and makes A LOT of simple errors like dropping chest marks, fumbling - he just cant handle the big occasion

tony_montana

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2014, 08:33:34 AM »
The thing with Petterd and Newman is what are their purposes out there? What are their roles? Neither are really small forwards. They can't crumb off the spillages that our 3 pronged tall attack can create. They're both slow as treacle. Neither can rotate into the midfield. Neither offer any sort of real defensive pressure. Neither can rotate into the midfield. What are they doing in the team? Genuine question...

I have no idea hence I question these 2 ad nauseum.  They play loose in defence and attack and pinch hit. Both bit part players who are slow and go missing when the heat intensifies. I have no idea why we need 2 of them in the side let alone 1...

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2014, 12:04:59 PM »

Clear utilities. Personally see Petterd as a better option at this point. Newie is just going.
In defence RP's pretty good as a third man up, fairly brave, reads the play well and can trouble the opposition in the front half as evidenced by his goal. Yes he's not quick and is an average kick but of the two he gets the nod.
It's a valid question though. Eventually both will need to be upgraded.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2014, 06:35:21 PM »
Comments about petterd are well off the mark, he ain't a shirker, he s as tough as a five dollar steak, it's why he gets a game ea week.....try again  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2014, 06:40:37 PM »
Nobody should give JR8 shizer bout that game, he was treated like a leper for most of the game by those kicking the pill into the forward fifty, who preferred instead to pin it on the tit of the opposition backman who was always leading five meters in front of Tyrone 'fabric fingers' Vickery. 
Lots of people name their swords......