Author Topic: Patrick Dangerfield  (Read 4175 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Patrick Dangerfield
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 08:02:08 PM »
Chris Newman is finished, Nathan Foley is finished and Jake King should also retire at the end of this season. Newman as a past captain would be on about $300k, Foley as a favorite son would be on at least $250k and King would probably be on $200k a year. Thats $750,000 a year straight of the bat that could go to paying a "Big Fish".

Dangerfield is the right age and the right capacity as a player to be that big fish. The club would probably have a little bit of room in the salary cap to increase on the $750k as well. Maybe a 5 year deal at $900k a year or $4.5 million over the 5 years would be enough to get Dangerfield to agree to come to us.

Get it done Tiges :clapping

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 11:34:44 PM »
stuff me, if King/Foley/Newman are only on 750k between them I will eat some poo.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2014, 03:50:04 AM »
stuff me, if King/Foley/Newman are only on 750k between them I will eat some poo.
:lol :lol Depends whether CC or DR signed the deal I guess.  :whistle

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2014, 08:19:43 AM »
Chris Newman is finished, Nathan Foley is finished and Jake King should also retire at the end of this season. Newman as a past captain would be on about $300k, Foley as a favorite son would be on at least $250k and King would probably be on $200k a year. Thats $750,000 a year straight of the bat that could go to paying a "Big Fish".

Dangerfield is the right age and the right capacity as a player to be that big fish. The club would probably have a little bit of room in the salary cap to increase on the $750k as well. Maybe a 5 year deal at $900k a year or $4.5 million over the 5 years would be enough to get Dangerfield to agree to come to us.

Ramps u know they won't do it(dump all 3) so there's no point even bringing it up.

Club has shown it has no balls by holding onto these Newman type hacks who play one good quarter out of 8.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 10:13:03 PM »
He'll end up at Geelong, Collingwood or Hawthorn becayse they are the three best run Vic clubs.
If you want shady deals Carlton is your team.
If you want a bloke who overstays his welcome then Richmond is your moneybag.
As I said he'll be a Hawk, Cat or Maggie next year.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2014, 11:35:32 AM »
One would think richmond should rebuild properly investing in youth

Or

Have a big crack at an a grader

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2014, 12:08:22 PM »
:lol :lol Depends whether CC or DR signed the deal I guess.  :whistle

Not sure Richardson is a genius either ;D Argument with Greg White puts him in the bad books.

Rampstar

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2014, 12:20:55 PM »

From memory the minimum pay is about $80k so I reckon these payments are about right considering Newman was a past club captain, Foley a favorite son and King has played over 100 games.

The total salary cap is $9.6 million for the 2014 season. Its amazing how much money supporters are coughing up to pay these blokes.

According the a Herald Sun report last year the average salary per AFL player is now $265,179 obviously the stars get more and the rookies alot less but the 3 players I mentioned are experienced AFL players and youd reckon theyd all be around the average so my figures arent probably alot wrong.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2014, 06:48:16 PM »
I reckon if we managed to land him we would bag him after a few games

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 09:58:54 AM »
I'd take trengrove

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 10:15:28 AM »
We have so few A-Grade players in reality. Danger is A grade. If we can land him we should.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2014, 03:07:08 PM »
such a flog figjam this bloke

great player though

Can see him moving in with Dusty and Dan Conners.

:lol

watching him now he is a great player, has all the time in the world when he has that ball.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2014, 03:08:19 PM »
I'd take trengrove

Trengrove is injury plaqued & could have a career ending injury

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2014, 10:31:22 PM »
such a flog figjam this bloke

great player though

Can see him moving in with Dusty and Dan Conners.

:lol

watching him now he is a great player, has all the time in the world when he has that ball.
against GWS. My hero.  :shh

tony_montana

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 10:38:22 AM »

Heard Foley was on about 300k a season, and I'd be pretty confident that newman is on more than the average afl wage. think 750k is underselling, would think its closer to 900k for those 3.