Author Topic: Richmond vs Greater Western Sydney - Round 19, 2014  (Read 4773 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: Richmond vs Greater Western Sydney - Round 19, 2014
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 07:13:59 PM »
For those without Foxtel and not going to the game, you can watch the match for free over the net as the AFL site is offering a free two-week trial pass ....

https://id.afl.com.au/livepass

What a disgrace!

Why should the great unwashed get a free kick while the more affluent members of the football watching community make the sport what it is with our contributions to the media outlets, who in turn fund the game?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 07:17:56 PM »
For those without Foxtel and not going to the game, you can watch the match for free over the net as the AFL site is offering a free two-week trial pass ....

https://id.afl.com.au/livepass

Do you have to sign up?

Yes but just the 2 week pass

Thanks  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 09:01:57 PM by Yeahright »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 09:22:01 PM »
Snip

Back to the topic folks  >:(
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 09:25:38 PM »
Snip

Back to the topic folks  >:(

Thanks for snipping all those in quoting, they were doing my head in

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 09:49:34 PM »
In all seriousness the afl app is usually an opt out subscription (ie they bill you if you don't confirm the end date) so pls be sure to check and if necessary on day 13 cancel otherwise your credit card linked to iTunes/google play will be billed
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 10:20:54 PM »
Callan Ward says GWS Giants out to earn back respect following heavy loss to Richmond in Round 10

Amy Stevenson
Daily Telegraph
July 29, 2014 6:45PM

GREATER Western Sydney will be out to prove the point that they can’t be pushed over when they take on Richmond for a second time on Saturday.

After a humiliating 113-point loss to the Tigers in Round 10, co-captain Callan Ward said the club is ready to make amends for the last time the two teams met.

“It’s a day I’d like to forget to be honest with you, it was a very poor performance so hopefully this weekend we can come out and really take it up to them,” Ward said.

“Every game is a game we can prove ourselves, we’re still trying to make it in the AFL world to try and get respect of the opposition clubs.

“Richmond is one team we need to get respect from especially after last time.

“Our form against them hasn’t been great and last time was extremely disappointing for us as a football club.”

While an unfortunate injury toll has sidelined six of their best 22 for the rest of the season, including Jeremy Cameron, Lachie Whitfield and Tim Mohr, Ward believe this gives an opportunity for some of their best reserve players to join the team.

“We have been really unlucky this year especially in the last month where we have lost guys for the season.

“I don’t think we have had a solid six defenders in our backline for the whole year, we keep losing players unfortunately.

“But we do have guys playing good footy in the reserves that can come in and take their spots and prove their worth.”

Heath Shaw will undergo a test on Wednesday and if fit will be a strong chance to come back this weekend.

Shaw has missed the past month due to concussion resulting in a minor brain bleed after a sickening collision with Sydney Swan Kurt Tippett in Round 15.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/callan-ward-says-gws-giants-out-to-earn-back-respect-following-heavy-loss-to-richmond-in-round-10/story-fndv8lf1-1227006244821

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 12:56:27 PM »
Preview: Richmond v Greater Western Sydney
Jennifer Phelan 
afl.com.au
July 30, 2014

RICHMOND has enjoyed a good month. After losing four games in a row and sliding out of finals contention, the Tigers have won their past four with the most recent a 17-point triumph over West Coast last Friday night. While they still won't play into September and are 12th on the ladder with seven wins, there's been encouraging signs recently. Greater Western Sydney has lost its last four after notching back-to-back wins over the Brisbane Lions and Carlton. The Giants are above Melbourne and St Kilda on the ladder on percentage - only narrowly above the Demons.

WHERE AND WHEN: the MCG, Saturday August 2, 4.40pm AEST

LAST FIVE TIMES
R10, 2014, Richmond 24.10 (154) d GWS Giants 5.11 (41) at Spotless Stadium
R22, 2013, Richmond 25.13 (163) d GWS Giants 6.6 (42) at Spotless Stadium
R12, 2012, Richmond 11.20 (86) d GWS Giants 12.2 (74) at Spotless Stadium

THE SIX POINTS

1. Should the Giants win, it will be their first victory at the MCG in six tries. The closest they came to a win was against Hawthorn (seven points) in round 11.

2. The Tigers smashed the Giants in round 10, with Jack Riewoldt booting 11 goals on their way to the 113-point win.

3. Despite winning only four games, the Giants continue to be a strong centre clearance side. They're ranked 1st in the competition with an average of 13.6 per game.

4. In comparison, the Tigers have struggled. They're ranked 12th with 11.7 per game.

5. In the last month the Tigers' wins have been by an average score of 95 points, while they've conceded only 68 per game.

6. Dustin Martin is climbing the Official AFL Player Ratings, brought to you by Gatorade, after dropping to No.90 earlier this season. He's now ranked 77th in the competition.

Prediction: Richmond by 25 points

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-30/preview-richmond-v-greater-western-sydney

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 02:53:14 PM »
25 LMAO should be 125

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 06:27:31 PM »
Giventheconditions for us last week in perth and GWS slight improvement since last time we met it I believe it will be a close game. Could be wrong but the expectation we should smash them at home just reeks typical richmond failure  ::)
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2014, 04:13:26 PM »
Massive.

Just ran a ladder predictor and if we win all the games and lose to Sydney, I have 8th coming down to percentage.

Must win this by over 10 goals.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

tony_montana

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2014, 05:03:53 PM »
Umpires have got to crack down on GWS, they are holding Our players illegally off the ball more than I have ever seen in a game of footy. Griff has been blocked off the ball 4 times, Martin being held and blocked 20 metres off the ball FFS do something abt it, we need percentage

tony_montana

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2014, 05:06:53 PM »
Hands in the back, get stuffed dumbest rule in footy

tony_montana

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2014, 05:10:19 PM »
Gotta say as good as Thomas is at the contest he ruins our ball movement and plays a hell of a lot, constantly getting in the way, reckon we can do without him tbh