Author Topic: ARTICLE ON HAMPSON ON AFL SITE  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: ARTICLE ON HAMPSON ON AFL SITE
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2014, 10:53:54 AM »
If he is shyte again the vfl side will be behind the 8 ball from the get go

At least he can rucka bbit so he should be ok in the twos

the claw

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2014, 11:13:19 AM »
we know he can ruck. we got him to combat the types that can jump and give ivan trouble.
purely as a ruckman hes only behind ivan at the club.

its the other areas in fact all the other areas of the game that have never ever been any good.

on performance  time in system and deficiencies in his game we should never ever have even looked at him in fact after this yr we should have cut him we have 8 yrs of evidence.

anyway like angus said hes contracted for another yr he is athletic  lets hope he can finally put together some pretty key areas of the game, like marking and kicking and finding the footy.
 you never knowmaybe these things will improve i wont hold my breath in hope though.

I don't see the purpose of making this public, especially now.

spin and justification. they are trying to justify taking him. as usual they react to outsside forces  and stay in denial that they may have gotten something wrong. the club does this with everything it does. they are good at making excuses for mediocrity.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2014, 11:22:18 AM »
He's a stuffen pea heart.

Deal with it
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2014, 06:00:18 PM »
I heard Newman is going through some tough times...

Better give him a contract ext til 2017 as he's a good bloke
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2014, 07:49:44 PM »
Cancer can affect the whole family in many different ways. Many of us have either battled it or seen it one way or another. lt can smash you in several months or pick at you for years. Some live with curable cancers & some die & family members are left angry why treatments never saved their loved ones. We don't know what he does within his family but playing AFL football has supported him & his family. Just the cost to fight cancer is extreme in most cases. l would be taking a 350k contract if l knew it could give anyone a 2nd chance of life to fight cancer. Not playing football for a few years would mean he would never get a 2nd chance to play in the elite comp. You sacrifice so much just to make it. Just ask any AFL player in the last 15 years how hard it really is to even get looked at. l dont think money is a thing too him. What l am saying is stress will affect anyone playing AFL. It also drives many to new heights. It has obviously affected him because he has had the need to tell us all. & l said it before l give him high respect & support for that. Those of you who don't is your opinion or maybe you just never seen how cancer works.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2014, 10:08:18 PM »
Well said TM, some people have no idea
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2014, 10:18:16 PM »

Ironic
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2014, 10:21:37 PM »
Cancer can affect the whole family in many different ways. Many of us have either battled it or seen it one way or another. lt can smash you in several months or pick at you for years. Some live with curable cancers & some die & family members are left angry why treatments never saved their loved ones. We don't know what he does within his family but playing AFL football has supported him & his family. Just the cost to fight cancer is extreme in most cases. l would be taking a 350k contract if l knew it could give anyone a 2nd chance of life to fight cancer. Not playing football for a few years would mean he would never get a 2nd chance to play in the elite comp. You sacrifice so much just to make it. Just ask any AFL player in the last 15 years how hard it really is to even get looked at. l dont think money is a thing too him. What l am saying is stress will affect anyone playing AFL. It also drives many to new heights. It has obviously affected him because he has had the need to tell us all. & l said it before l give him high respect & support for that. Those of you who don't is your opinion or maybe you just never seen how cancer works.

30000 children die a day from preventable causes and no one GAF If the United Nations is to be trusted

1/18 teams win flag p year

Both facts

Got to be ruthless ala ken Hinkley

This might be upsetting, but he was shyte before issues, too

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2014, 10:29:17 PM »
On your wave length TM, great post!   :thumbsup

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2014, 07:41:30 PM »
Read through all the negative comments on this site
You would not find a better kid than Shaun
Hope he has a great 2015

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2014, 08:09:28 PM »
Hope he has a great 2015

I don't think anyone is saying he isn't a good bloke Jack, what most people question is his football ability.

They are 2 very separate issues

Reckon everyone hopes he can turn things around. But in all honesty there are a lot, a real lot of question marks

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2014, 08:16:23 PM »
Jack I'm sure hes a charming young man,but in all honesty I couldn't care less if he had the personality of your garden slug,as long as he could play good football at this level,and frankly the jury is still out on  that

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2014, 08:21:39 PM »
Hope he has a great 2015

Hang on. Since when is a player turning 27 at the start of next year and a father (if I may add) a "kid"??? I hope he has a great year too but Geez Geez if he's a father and 10 years older than this year's recruits let's not imply his actual age buys him some innocence and leniency from constructive criticism.

If anything he should be leading the youngsters. You should not be making excuses. 

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2014, 08:48:28 PM »
Take out his tap work and he's close to, if not the, worst player in the competition. Around the ground he makes Angus Graham look like Jim Stynes at his peak. Would rather bring back JON and play him the ruck.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2014, 09:52:04 PM »

Ironic

From the way you post about people you should look in the hall of mirrors. Take your own advice and deal with it
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.