Author Topic: Paris mass shooting - terrorists  (Read 31209 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Paris mass shooting - terrorists
« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2015, 07:52:26 PM »
im guessing the europeans should have listened to Abbott on its borders. Not so wrong now was he lads.  :shh

To have these flogs go through country to country says more about the security of the europeans.

Best thing abbott did was stop the illegal boats im sure we all agree aye?

Yep, we need a strong PM.

Well we better start looking around because the weak, untrustworthy, spineless egotist we currently have will prove in time to be every bit as bad for our country as Rudd or Gillard.  And in b4 anyone accuses me of wanting Abbott back.  I don't know of any politicians in the country at present who are strong enough and smart enough to demand our respect.  Just when we have a desperate need for leadership in the mould of Keating or Howard, we instead have a bag of soft-centred jelly beans.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2015, 08:58:46 PM »
Well we better start looking around because the weak, untrustworthy, spineless egotist we currently have will prove in time to be every bit as bad for our country as Rudd or Gillard.  And in b4 anyone accuses me of wanting Abbott back.  I don't know of any politicians in the country at present who are strong enough and smart enough to demand our respect.  Just when we have a desperate need for leadership in the mould of Keating or Howard, we instead have a bag of soft-centred jelly beans.

:clapping :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2015, 10:56:16 PM »
Thats rubbish smokey give the bloke a chance FFS. Thats good if you dont vote then you shouldnt come here all guns blazing when things dont go your way aye WP?

What did you expect him to do after a 2 months?
im guessing the europeans should have listened to Abbott on its borders. Not so wrong now was he lads.  :shh

To have these flogs go through country to country says more about the security of the europeans.

erm... tone did not stop the boats albert

he just stopped reporting the boats rockin up,

jawohl accomdante

bello. please.

Send me the michael moore link when its released.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2015, 07:03:08 AM »
Thats rubbish smokey give the bloke a chance FFS. Thats good if you dont vote then you shouldnt come here all guns blazing when things dont go your way aye WP?

Dear me Angus, I really do implore you to actually read what I write before you post whacks at me.

I have never said I never voted at the last election, what I said I about what on the Politics thread about not voting was this:

"Please Angus I really wish wouldn't speak for me when you haven't got a clue what my thoughts are. Again you have no idea

But just so you are clear

Currently I wouldn't vote for either party, just simply wouldn't vote at all.

Until they show me some concrete policies that will actually result in some sort of social change for the better in this country then no political side gets my vote
'

From http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=12416.msg525019#msg525019

So just to repeat: Right now I wouldn't vote for either party, can I make it clearer?

And the part of Smokey's post I was applauding, hence why I put it in BOLD was:

"I don't know of any politicians in the country at present who are strong enough and smart enough to demand our respect."

Which I whole heartedly agree

I have said Turnbull is doing OK but considering the buffoon he replaced that wouldn't be hard but he has a long way to go to demand my respect, ditto Shorten, ditto Truss, ditto Bishop, ditto Plibersek. That's the point.. again can I make it any clearer?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2015, 08:57:47 AM »
The two party system is broken beyond repair. That is why the state of politics is so bad. in fact the Westminster system was never developed around political parties at all. Each elected member is supposed to represent their constituents, but what we see is members of parliament having to toe the party line rather than follow the wishes of those that vote them in and idealogy rules over the common good. Politicians spend more time bringing down their "opponents" rather than improving their own performance and as a result the less crap ones are getting voted in rather than the best ones.

The only people who cannot see how rotten things are, are the fan boys like dan, who actually contribute to the problem with their religious like blind faith in their "team."
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2015, 09:37:00 AM »
Okat great thanks for clearing that up WP, so tell me as im curious what did you see in the last party you voted for a few years back that you cant see happening now?

System is broken in 2 years is it or has the policies done a 180 and your not happy with them?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2015, 10:27:31 AM »
Okat great thanks for clearing that up WP, so tell me as im curious what did you see in the last party you voted for a few years back that you cant see happening now?

System is broken in 2 years is it or has the policies done a 180 and your not happy with them?

First up I don't think this is right thread for this on going discussion it should be in the politics thread

As I said I vote for the parties that offer policies that are for the betterment of this country not throw things up because they are popular. I will vote for those who are prepared to make tough decisions

I think it is well known that the National Disability Insurance Scheme (it goes by a different name these days) was a significant policy for me, it was/is something that I am passionate about. So yes I will put my hand up and say I voted for Labor because of that policy; they introduced it; they championed it. It's importance can never and should never be questioned just because people don't like or respect the person who introduced it.

If any side of politics thant came forward now and said they would abolish the constant stream of handouts people who really shouldn't be receiving them get (eg family allowances) they'd get my vote in an instant. This "tweaking" of the eligibility rules doesnt go hard enough IMHO. Scrap them all and start again is the approach I'd love to see but no one has the guts to do that. Any side that has to guts to really improve things for our aged community again I'd support them.

But the biggest sealer for me would be any political party that had the guts to get rid of the ridiculous "benefits" pollies receive would get my vote. The Joe Hockey sham of claiming a living away from home allowance while living in a home owned by his wife is a rort, no ifs, buts or maybes. That is the ultimate tough decision though it actually should be the easiest and anyone who did that would be swept to power in a heartbeat IMHO 

dwaino

« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2015, 01:17:23 PM »
That moment you realise that getting rid of Saddam was the wrong idea.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2015, 03:29:40 PM »
Thats rubbish smokey give the bloke a chance FFS.

He's had a couple of months already Dan and here's the kicker - he hasn't done or changed a damn thing that wasn't already in place or in motion before he took over!  And he was too gutless to front Abbott but undermined him for a long period before striking him.  I don't trust him, I don't agree with some of his thinking and I think he's a snake oil salesman.  And he has the perfect deputy who is even less trustworthy than him.  He will prove to be about as effectual as Obama - all talk, all gloss, all friends to everyone but no fibre, no substance and no real action when it's desperately needed.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2015, 06:21:36 PM »
More activity in Paris atm. Reports of shootouts and series of explosions  :(
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2015, 06:40:49 PM »
That moment you realise that getting rid of Saddam was the wrong idea.

:snidegrin
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2015, 06:46:48 PM »

What did you expect him to do after a 2 months?

erm... tone did not stop the boats albert

he just stopped reporting the boats rockin up,

jawohl accomdante

bello. please.

Send me the michael moore link when its released.

Sounds like you doing well enough with the scott morrison ministry of truth.

Bit soft to apologize to indonesia for towing a asylum seeker boat into their waters, is it not? the same time he is having a cry about them punishing a couple of smack smugglers

he crapped him self well and proper when putin rocked up with a gunship and a few Cossacks. Even forgot to hip-and-shoulder vlad 

best thing hes done is tell his sister shes going to hell, and get knocked out at oxford a few times. 

:edit - i thought you said he was 'powerful' for some reason. Too much cordial and thinking about Tzars, perhaps

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2015, 07:08:17 PM »
THREE terror suspects have been killed as heavily armed police swoop on a suburb in northern Paris, local media report. Police and military officers have surrounded an apartment in Saint-Denis where the mastermind of Friday’s attacks, Abdelhamid Abaaoud, is believed to be holed up.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/paris-terror-attacks-france-russia-ramp-up-bombing-campaign-against-islamic-state-in-syria/news-story/76f0da5eebf5ffe7a1f90bb37f695ff7

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2015, 09:19:15 PM »
Moving on from the 'Turnbull is a spineless muncher' truth, I'll pose a question.

Do people think the Paris terrorist attacks represent a game changer with respect to the terrorists, the west and the general way this whole global saga is panning out?

I kind of get the impression that the terrorists are a lot more well organised now and won't be going away. The fact that the French Intelligence agencies appeR to have had zero idea indicates a much more sophisticated and comprehensive effort by ISIL.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

dwaino

« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2015, 10:09:51 PM »
This is an entirely different beast. This isn't a bunch of dark age cave dwellers like the Taliban or Al-Qaeda. IS consider themselves a genuine country and are running things out of Al-Raqqah such as the administration of utilities and law and order (whatever that is there these days). I don't buy into the crap that Waleed said on the Project that went viral which pretty much amounted to blackmail, if you're mean to Muslims then they will join IS, but I agree that while Islam in general is nothing but a scourge that the majority of Muslims do not follow or agree with Salafism. In that regard I believe they can be crushed at home. They are not well organised outside their borders but just claim responsibility for anything done in their name. I also think the west is very hesitant in what to do. Too many failed missions since Vietnam. Saddam was brutal but crushed both Sunni and Shi'ite fanaticism and the problem we create now is the power vacuum every time someone is removed. What happens when IS are destroyed? Do the Ba'ath regain power? Does a crippled Syria gain their lost territory back by default or does someone like Hezbollah pinch a few parts? Do Shi'ites take control in either Syria or Iraq and enact retribution against the Sunnis? The Syrian civil war isn't even finished and no matter the outcome with IS that will continue and there will be consequences with which ever side gains an advantage.

The problem is clearly Islam and there will never be stability in the Middle East until the Earth is rid of it. With any luck the next generation of those escaping from there to the west now will not be pampered to by their new home governments where they live in a community that is nothing more than a bubble of their own people. Instead they have the opportunity to get a proper education and move on.