Author Topic: Deledio and Tambling  (Read 957 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Deledio and Tambling
« on: August 21, 2005, 08:07:36 PM »
If there was a game these two would kick backside in a last quarter it had to be against the Hawks  :rollin.

Tambling still is too light and needs a pre-season as he gets pushed too easily off the ball but great for him kick 2 vital goals and work himself into the game in that last quarter. Just showed what he can be capable off. He might have been lucky to get on the end of his first one -  lol @ Richo's wishful thinking pass that came off - but his confidence just lifted after snagging it.

As for Lids. Mr NAB Rising Star  - 18 second half possies of most of them all class to our advantage  :bow
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

Re: Deledio and Tambling
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 09:09:08 PM »
I cant believe some people are talking up other players for the rising star.

Lids will win by the biggest margin in the history of the award.

He has played every game and has been a solid contributor in many games. None of the other draft picks have even come close to him.

He will be a superstar  ;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 09:26:37 PM »
I have to say that I was very impressed with Tambling's first (I think it was the first one  ;D) goal.

1/ He spoilt a Hawk mark, hit the ground and then kept his feet and ran.................great second effort :cheers (the sort of stuff I love)..

then....

2/ It was rather symbolic.... the angry old man Wayne Campbell handballs it to a young bloke in Hartigan (who's very quick BTW) who in turn handballs it to an even faster Tambling. Our past...........passing it on to our future :cheers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 09:47:50 PM »
Where was Tambling when they were singing the song at the end of the game?

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 01:38:47 AM »
Where was Tambling when they were singing the song at the end of the game?
Just finished watching the replay of the game, they showed him next to Simmo singing near the start of the song, so he was in the circle.

Wallace was in the "2nd" circle, which is usually players who didn't play and staff, and he looked really pumped up about the win!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 03:54:15 AM »
I have to say that I was very impressed with Tambling's first (I think it was the first one  ;D) goal.

1/ He spoilt a Hawk mark, hit the ground and then kept his feet and ran.................great second effort :cheers (the sort of stuff I love)..

then....

2/ It was rather symbolic.... the angry old man Wayne Campbell handballs it to a young bloke in Hartigan (who's very quick BTW) who in turn handballs it to an even faster Tambling. Our past...........passing it on to our future :cheers

Goal of the week  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 07:03:26 AM »
tambling is stronger than he seems, he is strong over head and pace is his asset, but what he has is footy smarts, see that punch /knock on in the last quarter at defensive 50 for us, set up a goal! he gets knocked down alot but thats because he puts his body in , but the great thing is he just jumps str8 up again! his second half was fantastic, and he just needed to string some games together watch out 2006!

deledio is just going to be better than judd, he is awesome

i was impressed with shulz too when he was on the ground in defense he looked the goods, and in th elast quarter his presence helped us win the game