Author Topic: OER Posters to Decide  (Read 96903 times)

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: OER Posters to Decide
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 07:20:50 PM »
hmm dooks i agree with a lot of that. look at us two we have had some prtty heated gos at each other in recent times . some of it probably outside the rules which i apologise for.
ive never ever reported a poster until just recently that is after i got suspended and i thought no im not allowed to return fire so i just reported it.

i suppose the message is simple if they troll or abuse just report em.

to every poster on here im happy to wipe the slate clean and start from scratch yes even you al. at the end of the day all i want to do is talk footy, talk richmond and whats wrong, and how we think we can be better.
im keen to hear peoples vies on players strengths weaknesses how we can fix recruiting what needs to be done with list management etc. ive never ever been much on the positives as i have always thought there are plenty a majority who talk about em.
i like to be honest and as such my perspective comes from one who thinks we are very ordinary and have a long way to go. so i ask people keep that in mind when they wonder why i focus on the negatives.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 07:24:07 PM »
People should only be banned if they start threatening via PMs, otherwise.....everybody's a grown up guys, come on....we're adults.......let it go..........

yep, pretty much sums it up.

some need to.....

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 07:24:57 PM »
I don't think the issue is criticism of players or club but rather the personal attacks........is this correct?

In one sense yes. And that's easy, just refrain from name calling. Easy.

The grey area is the supposed trolling and baiting. The current test appears to be, if someone reports you for perceived trolling or baiting then it's likely you'll cop a ban. Or at least have your post deleted. Even if you're only being critical of the club and not intending to (or actually) trolling or baiting, it's to far outside the comfort zone of some site members to read anything negative, so they report the said poster to get their post deleted that they don't agree with.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Gigantor

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 07:26:07 PM »
would you cop personal attacks in the workplace ,are they appropriate in the school yard?

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 07:26:42 PM »
I actually think the forum is run well with a good balance of what is acceptable and what isn't. Posters should not be humiliated and denigrated but at the same time a little tongue in cheek jab can be quite funny and brings one back to the site. I have had many laughs on here as there are many witty comments made by my fellow posters.  As long as they don't get personal, I think it is actually healthy.

As for the team and especially those who run it, they should be prepared for harsh criticism. Although constant negativity can become tiresome, I can understand that after 35 years of no success, those in charge have had ample time to right the wrongs of previous administrations, and should be open to harsh criticism. It is frustrating seeing teams just pass us by and get better while we continually are middle of the road side.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 07:31:03 PM »
hmm dooks i agree with a lot of that. look at us two we have had some prtty heated gos at each other in recent times . some of it probably outside the rules which i apologise for.
ive never ever reported a poster until just recently that is after i got suspended and i thought no im not allowed to return fire so i just reported it.

i suppose the message is simple if they troll or abuse just report em.

to every poster on here im happy to wipe the slate clean and start from scratch yes even you al. at the end of the day all i want to do is talk footy, talk richmond and whats wrong, and how we think we can be better.
im keen to hear peoples vies on players strengths weaknesses how we can fix recruiting what needs to be done with list management etc. ive never ever been much on the positives as i have always thought there are plenty a majority who talk about em.
i like to be honest and as such my perspective comes from one who thinks we are very ordinary and have a long way to go. so i ask people keep that in mind when they wonder why i focus on the negatives.

No harm done whatsoever. I respect your right to have your say and for the record I havent reported you.

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2015, 07:39:53 PM »
The trolling rule has been exploited by the meek.
Caracella and Balmey.

Gigantor

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2015, 07:40:51 PM »
The meek shall inherit the earth...............see even the man above says this

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2015, 07:43:48 PM »
would you cop personal attacks in the workplace ,are they appropriate in the school yard?
at work id just punch ya same went for when i was at school. its funny how little abuse goes on when people realise they may pay a price.
we are on a computers and unfortunately people know they are immune from retribution.

Gigantor

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2015, 07:45:28 PM »
punching people in the head is tolerated in your work place?where do you work ?the salt mines of Stalingrad?

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2015, 07:46:19 PM »
The trolling/baiting test needs to be discussed and clarified
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2015, 07:46:33 PM »
I think a big part of the trolling that people get away with but in turn is what gets the ball rolling into an argument is the snide little comments a lot of people make. Things like "if you don't see it you're delusional", "you're an idiot if you believe that", "oh you're just an apologist" and particularly snide comments on peoples intelligence just because they don't agree with they way you think. I think most have done it including myself and all it takes is one to do it and then the return fire starts.

I have had many laughs on here as there are many witty comments made by my fellow posters.  As long as they don't get personal, I think it is actually healthy.

That's it folks, the doctor has spoken ;D

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2015, 07:50:22 PM »
I don't think the issue is criticism of players or club but rather the personal attacks........is this correct?

In one sense yes. And that's easy, just refrain from name calling. Easy.

The grey area is the supposed trolling and baiting. The current test appears to be, if someone reports you for perceived trolling or baiting then it's likely you'll cop a ban. Or at least have your post deleted. Even if you're only being critical of the club and not intending to (or actually) trolling or baiting, it's to far outside the comfort zone of some site members to read anything negative, so they report the said poster to get their post deleted that they don't agree with.
my experiences here with the mods havs been mostly good. ive only had retaliatory posts deleted  i think, and most of my posts focus on the negatives and i dont think ive ever been in trouble for being too negative. mainly because i do try to back up what im saying with something its hardly ever like dud delist. nothing else but hack. id i call em a dud i give my reasons.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2015, 09:03:05 PM »
l use the term "raped" often. So this is a banned word ?

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2015, 09:11:02 PM »
l don't spent alot of time on the forum these days. But harden up some of you guys & girls. If your willing to insult your club, You should be willing to take some abuse if you say something stupid. Truth hurts some people. Stop ya crying & get on with supporting the club.  ;D

:gotigers