Author Topic: Cambo said we need to rise before Richo is gone  (Read 784 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Cambo said we need to rise before Richo is gone
« on: August 28, 2005, 06:29:08 PM »
Ch 9 did a interview with Cambo during the week which they showed at half-time.

* Cambo reckons our current crop of youngsters will give us a strong future but said we probably need to make our move in the next 3-4 years while Richo is still around as power forwards are hard to find.

I just hope we don't make short-term decisions with our recruiting because we're uncertain about life without the big fella :-\

* Cambo also wants the physicality to remain in the game like it "is" then quickly corrected himself and said "was" as in the past tense. While he's happy the king hits and head high stuff is gone he reckons there needs to be that element of risk and danger to keep people coming through the gates.   

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Re: Cambo said we need to rise before Richo is gone
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 06:40:48 PM »
Campbell is a great man  :bow but I don't really agree with him here. Sure, we will have a good chance with Richo there to win a flag, but when Richo goes I don't think it will be the case that we will fall into a heap.

One thing we will have going for us is a lot of unpredictability.

Richo is such a magnetic force in the forward line that our players always become Richo conscious. This allows the opposition to triple team him and we always cough up the ball. As we have shown in our few fairings witout the big fella, we can benefit from some unpredictability (we've won quite a few games whilst he's been absent haven't we?).

Look at adelaide this year, got rid of Carey and put in a bunch of no namers that were expected to do nothing but have functioned well because thereis no dominant presence to make the forward thrusts one dimentional and predictable.

What would be ideal though would be to snag another freak forward to compliment Richo. Then we're talking flags.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 06:46:39 PM by JohnF »

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Cambo said we need to rise before Richo is gone
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 06:57:11 PM »
It would be nice but i can't see us being anywhere near good enough to win a flag while richo is still
around. Not unless he plays to 35 anyway.