Author Topic: Hardwick's press conference - April 30 / Hardwick to make big changes (afl site)  (Read 1576 times)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
FFS we a the clowns of the afl last year it was Maric not having the operation done early on preseason because of a miscommunication  problem now Lids was rushed back  :banghead nothing but a circus punt rd.

tony_montana

But we're right the other 95% of the time :angel:

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
95% is 19/20 players right per week.

So by his own admission Hardwick gets at least one selection wrong per week.

How can we persist with selectors who never nail the correct team once throughout 22 rounds?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

How can we persist with selectors who never nail the correct team once throughout 22 rounds?

In fairness Dooks he was talking about picking injured players, that's is 95% of the time they get it right whether to play them or not

Not saying his is right but that is what he was talking about not overall selection
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame

In fairness Dooks he was talking about picking injured players, that's is 95% of the time they get it right whether to play them or not

Not saying his is right but that is what he was talking about not overall selection

Dooks knew this but is the perfect example of twisting stats to suit ones argument

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
On this, I'd be backing my take on the hit rate of selections over the spin Hardwick feeds you all. Historically most of us here think they get about 4-5 selections wrong per week.

If it's not Grigg, Newman, Chaplin, Houli, Morris and friends, it's Pettard, Vickery, Dea, Batchelor, Conca, Loyd, Gordon and friends.

If you believe the selections are on the money, let alone playing injured players, then good for you.
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
On this, I'd be backing my take on the hit rate of selections over the spin Hardwick feeds you all. Historically most of us here think they get about 4-5 selections wrong per week.

If it's not Grigg, Newman, Chaplin, Houli, Morris and friends, it's Pettard, Vickery, Dea, Batchelor, Conca, Loyd, Gordon and friends.

If you believe the selections are on the money, let alone playing injured players, then good for you.

Now you really are twisting things to suit your purpose

I never said I thought he got all selections right every week.

I don't and to suggest otherwise is incorrect.

Every week I am staggered by those who get selected and those who don't. Think you will actually find a couple of posts by me about this weeks selections in the selected team thread.

But that fact is overall selection is not what his 95% statement was about.

His statement wasn't about overall selection it was clearly in reference to making a call on whether someone with an injury is fit to play. To suggest otherwise is creating your very own version of spin.

Disagree with the statement in the context it was made and argue against it? I would say absolutely go ahead but to use it justify pushing a case that it obviously doesn't relate to is drawing a very long bow to say the least

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Oh look....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟

Now you really are twisting things to suit your purpose

I never said I thought he got all selections right every week.

I don't and to suggest otherwise is incorrect.

Every week I am staggered by those who get selected and those who don't. Think you will actually find a couple of posts by me about this weeks selections in the selected team thread.

But that fact is overall selection is not what his 95% statement was about.

His statement wasn't about overall selection it was clearly in reference to making a call on whether someone with an injury is fit to play. To suggest otherwise is creating your very own version of spin.

Disagree with the statement in the context it was made and argue against it? I would say absolutely go ahead but to use it justify pushing a case that it obviously doesn't relate to is drawing a very long bow to say the least

my post wasn't directed at anyone in particular.  I didnt quote the posts before me and I didn't name any of the posters.

I also didn't say you were happy with selections. I said most posters weren't and based on history I agree this would include yourself.

My post is a general comment to anyone on the topic who may disagree. And yes I am arguing things to suit my own perspective. 

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
The selection committee are arse clowns.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Agree dooks. The selection of Newman straight back in after a spell springs to mind

If dimwit is going to say a comment like that then it's only natural we talk about all of his idiot selections.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Consider how many players are injured yet we play them week after week.

Morris last year, Maric in chunks year after year. Newman for finals. Riewoldt for months at a time.

Historically we have carried players into most games injured through a moronic approach.

And I agree what's wrong with raising all of his moronic selections who are fit as well. It's a progression on the conversation
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland

He broke Cotchin
He broke Deledio
He broke Morris
Rance is going to the Vatican
Hes breaking Maric

hope it was worth it to keep the job Damien

twot

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
The selection committee are arse clowns.

Amen