Author Topic: Richmond vs Essendon - Round 9 - Dreamtime at the 'G  (Read 11746 times)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
Re: Richmond vs Essendon - Round 9 - Dreamtime at the 'G
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2015, 11:31:07 AM »
Are they gonna shut down general admission like in 2012/13
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2015, 03:57:45 PM »
Match preview: Tigers v Bombers

Jennifer Phelan 
afl.com.au
May 27, 2015

SUMMARY

The Tigers stopped their season sliding into the abyss two weeks ago when they beat Collingwood, and backed that up with an emphatic away win over Port Adelaide on Sunday night. The wins came on the back of four losses in five games and have restored confidence and fight to the group, as well as getting their season back on track. Meanwhile, the Bombers are also on four wins, four losses after snapping a two-game losing streak with a win over the Brisbane Lions on Sunday. They kicked 21 goals, which led to their highest score since round three last season after struggles in that area this year.

WHERE AND WHEN: MCG, Saturday, May 30, 7.25pm AEST

LAST FIVE TIMES

R20, 2014, Richmond 14.11 (95) d Essendon 11.11 (77) at the MCG
R11, 2014, Essendon 15.14 (104) d Richmond 7.12 (54) at the MCG
R23, 2013, Richmond 15.14 (104) d Essendon 9.11 (65) at the MCG
R9, 2013, Essendon 13.13 (91) d Richmond 9.8 (62) at the MCG
R22, 2012, Richmond 13.24 (102) d Essendon 8.9 (57) at the MCG

THE SIX POINTS

1. This will be the ninth Dreamtime at the 'G contest since 2006; the Bombers have won six games to three on the occasion.

2. But the Tigers beat them in round 20 last season as they marched to the finals, with Anthony Miles and Brandon Ellis key players.

3. The Bombers might have improved their scoring power on the weekend with Joe Daniher booting six but they remain the worst centre clearance side in 2015, having averaged just 10 per game.

4. Their plight at the clearances extends to around the ground. They're ranked 17th in the competition with an average of 35.2, compared to the Tigers' 37.5 that leaves them 12th.

5. Brett Deledio carried on his impressive form from round seven's win over the Magpies with another strong performance against the Power. Deledio had 28 disposals, kicked a goal and laid five tackles.

6. Despite Deledio's troubles with an achilles injury this season, he's trending back upwards on the Official AFL Playing Ratings from 75 last week to 68.

IT'S A BIG WEEK FOR …
Dustin Fletcher,
simply because the two-time All Australian is set to line up for his 400th AFL game. Reaching the remarkable milestone leaves the 40-year-old as just the third player in VFL/AFL history to do so, after Michael Tuck (426 games) and Kevin Bartlett (403). He's played 399 games of a possible 516 in his career with Essendon.

PREDICTION: Richmond by 19 points.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-26/match-preview-tigers-v-bombers

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2015, 04:54:57 PM »
wtf are Official AFL Playing Ratings

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2015, 07:22:35 PM »
Hardwick talking about Saturday night's game:

* Essendon have changed a number of things. The first four weeks, they probably tended to go backwards and sideways a little bit.  But I think over the last four rounds, they’re AFL No. 1 for kicking forward. Their mark-play-on rate is incredibly high now.  They’re playing a faster brand of footy, which probably suits them more from my point of view. So, we’ve just got to slow them down and get the game on our terms, which is very similar to the Port Adelaide game last week. If we defensively come to play, we think we’ll get the result we’re after.

* I think, the last three to four years, we’ve split games at both ends but we probably haven’t won the first game at any stage. We’re looking forward to amending that and making sure we start off on the right foot.”

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-05-28/tigers-ready-for-different-dons

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2015, 10:57:03 PM »
The issue for me after the Port and Pies wins was how we would handle the media attention and supporter expectation going back onto us this week leading into a big (home) game with us being slight favourites with the bookies. But with Fletcher playing his 400th, the media has virtually ignored us as if Essendon is the only team playing on Saturday night.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2015, 03:04:22 AM »
I hope Fletcher remembers it is the Adam Goodes round and it isn't all about his massive milestone.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2015, 04:58:43 AM »
The issue for me after the Port and Pies wins was how we would handle the media attention and supporter expectation going back onto us this week leading into a big (home) game with us being slight favourites with the bookies. But with Fletcher playing his 400th, the media has virtually ignored us as if Essendon is the only team playing on Saturday night.   

Interesting view although the players know its a big game .they aren't really affected as they just do there job that is asked
Keep in mind last 2 weeks would have had bigger expectations .especially against Port after what happened in the final last year

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2015, 09:51:00 AM »
Yep, we will poo ousrelves. I think we'll lose again
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2015, 01:36:11 PM »
A major difference i can see is that they have no Patty Ryder who normally rips it up in these dreamtime games.. 

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2015, 05:26:05 PM »
We could really poo the bed and get done tomorrow night. Big game, build up, leaders normally go missing.

But I'm not so sure.  I think we will probably go ok.

Maybe I've just fallen into the Richmond comfort zone again.  We haven't really beaten anyone who is going OK. 
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

tony_montana

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2015, 05:56:50 PM »

But I'm not so sure.  I think we will probably go ok.

Maybe I've just fallen into the Richmond comfort zone again.  We haven't really beaten anyone who is going OK.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2015, 06:16:22 PM »
Hating RFC is a double edged blade.
At times one can overestimate the competition.
Essendone are pooful and hird is coaching like a man who is shitnn his pants about pending legal issues.
Even RIchmond will beat this shamble of a club.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2015, 06:36:18 PM »
That's the spirit  :clapping
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2015, 06:41:22 PM »
Hating RFC is a double edged blade.
At times one can overestimate the competition.
Essendone are sissyul and hird is coaching like a man who is poonn his pants about pending legal issues.
Even RIchmond will beat this shamble of a club.

Where's the line? 7 goals? 10 goals?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2015, 07:20:35 PM »
Most of the media 'experts' are tipping us to win:

Herald-Sun   16 - 13
The Age        15 - 9

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/expert-tipsters
http://www.news.com.au/national/expert-tips-herald-sun-afl-experts-pick-their-winners-for-every-round-of-the-2015-season/story-e6frfkp9-1227289663678

Bookies have us just ahead too:
Rich  $1.88
Ess   $1.95
Line  1.5 pts