Author Topic: Im Back Again  (Read 1219 times)

PuntRdRoar

Im Back Again
« on: September 09, 2005, 05:49:52 PM »
I just wanna apologise for my absence over the past 5 or so weeks. I had to fly to Greece for a bereavement in our family. I had to leave pretty quickly. Im knackered coz i got in only in the last day or so. Can someone bring me up to date with whats happening at Punt Road please. Its not easy to get online in Greece and particlulary with the circumstances as they were. Greatly appreciated and its good to be home! :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Im Back Again
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 06:28:16 PM »
Welcome back RT  :cheers

My sympathies to you and your family on your loss :(.

The last 5 weeks of the season the Tiges went 1-4 but were competitive and a chance to win in 4 of them. The loss to Carlton was the one we stuffed up in and blew our chances to lay finals. The win was a 41-point down comeback against Hawthorn to win with a Pettifer goal with less than a minute remaining. The 3 narrow losses were a 1 point loss to the Cats in a galedown at the cattery; we ran out of legs in the last quarter and a bit to go down by 12 points to the dogs (our cleanest skill-wise performance since Browny went down IMO); and a 27 point loss to the Dockers in Perth where shoddy goalkicking cost us dearly.

Award wise - Deledio got the rising star for 2005 and Bowden was named AA on a half-back flank.

In off-season news - Hilton, Morrison and Archibald have been cut but it won't be officially announced until the end of october when lists must be lodged.
- Foley and Thursfield apparently will be promoted.
- Browny is a couple of weeks ahead in his recovery of where Voss was at the same stage after he snapped his leg.
- Flood just quit as Coburg coach the other day.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 06:31:18 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 06:30:24 PM »
Basically:
  • Hilton, Morrison and Archibald are rumoured to be delistings.
  • Tuck is close to re-signing a 3 year deal.
  • Lids won the rising star.

Mightytiges: You just beat me to it!  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 06:32:40 PM »
I forgot about Tucky, Razor  :cheers.

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 11:12:39 PM »
im pleased for deledio. also think its great for our club. i know its an individual award and its considered minor but the truth is we havent won a flag for 25 years. We havent won a Coleman medal since Roachy did it 2 decades ago, we havent won a brownlow since Ian Stewart nigh on 3 decades ago. So for me i think RFC supporters should see the kids winning of the award as a Richmond victory. Someone once told me...that before you get the big victories you must first learn how to get the little ones first. Deledio has started this process...more little victories now...hopefully tambling or meyer wins it next year and we make the eight. For me that will mean more little wins are coming our way and the culture of our club will really start to change!

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 11:50:28 PM »
Tambling is ineligible for next year because he played too many games this year!

Shane we could of had back to back winners!  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 05:27:34 AM »
So for me i think RFC supporters should see the kids winning of the award as a Richmond victory. Someone once told me...that before you get the big victories you must first learn how to get the little ones first. Deledio has started this process...more little victories now...hopefully tambling or meyer wins it next year and we make the eight. For me that will mean more little wins are coming our way and the culture of our club will really start to change!

I think you're spot on RT. It builds up confidence within the team and belief in the process of rebuilding the side through drafting and developing our own players.

Add to that Bowden receiving AA honours would be our first AA since 2001. Another little tick.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 05:38:20 PM »
im pleased for deledio. also think its great for our club. i know its an individual award and its considered minor but the truth is we havent won a flag for 25 years. We havent won a Coleman medal since Roachy did it 2 decades ago, we havent won a brownlow since Ian Stewart nigh on 3 decades ago. So for me i think RFC supporters should see the kids winning of the award as a Richmond victory. Someone once told me...that before you get the big victories you must first learn how to get the little ones first. Deledio has started this process...more little victories now...hopefully tambling or meyer wins it next year and we make the eight. For me that will mean more little wins are coming our way and the culture of our club will really start to change!

I also think it’s significant that a Richmond player has won something like this and I’m proud that he has.  It’s easy to think that because Brett was the No. 1 draft pick he was always going to win it, but not every No. 1 pick will win the award.  And as you say RT, we haven’t won anything of any real significance in many years, so it can be seen that we have turned the corner to some degree.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.